• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -
On a scale of 1-5, Five being excellent , 1 being terrible How do you rate Obama's performance as a President. What are some examples of the things that you give him approval of, and what are some things you think he has done wrong? Do you feel that he has been effective as a President? What do you think he should do differently? Has your support or disapproval changed over the years?
#2 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
1, the same rank i would give bush and for the same reasons, bailouts wars ignoring the constitution ect ect....
#3 Posted by jimkabrhel (15416 posts) -

3. He's a pragmatic man who is willing to compromise, in fact too much. He's kept too many of GWB's policies, while not going far enough for health care reform.

#4 Posted by Blue-Sky (10315 posts) -

*Looks at user name*

*exits thread*

#5 Posted by jimkabrhel (15416 posts) -

*Looks at user name*

*exits thread*

Blue-Sky

Yeah, I thought that too, but I figured an Obama supporter should be represented.

#6 Posted by gamerguru100 (10450 posts) -

LOL @ the people voting 1 or 2. Why do people think one man can quick fix a 17 trillion dollar deficit in a few terms?

#7 Posted by Laihendi (5800 posts) -

LOL @ the people voting 1 or 2. Why do people think one man can quick fix a 17 trillion dollar deficit in a few terms?

gamerguru100
I think you mean debt rather than deficit, and it was only ~10 trillion when he became president. I gave him a 1.
#8 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

gamerguru100
you know it was not 17 trillion when he got in? you do know doing all of the same bad crap that got us here and more is not moving in a sound direction, it only makes the problems worse.
#9 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

gamerguru100

Actually the deficit is around 1.2 trillion dollars,the debt is around 17 trillion.Also their are more reasons for not liking Obama besides spending:Wars,bailouts,ignoring the constitution etc etc.

#10 Posted by gamerguru100 (10450 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

sexyweapons

Actually the deficit is around 1.2 trillion dollars,the debt is around 17 trillion.Also their are more reasons for not liking Obama besides spending:Wars,bailouts,ignoring the constitution etc etc.

I meant debt, sorry. Politics is too complicated for my pea-brain, which consists of about two and a half brain cells. O_O I'll be leaving now.
#11 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17379 posts) -

Actually the deficit is around 1.2 trillion dollars

sexyweapons
Try 900 billion dollars, and it will continue to shrink as the economy improves (along with the fact that spending was cut last year and taxes have just recently been raised). And on top of that the actual structural deficit is quite manageable - in fact there's not much evidence that said deficit is problematic at all.
#12 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -

*Looks at user name*

*exits thread*

Blue-Sky
hm?
#13 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -
Best President since Clinton.
#14 Posted by sSubZerOo (43003 posts) -
Based on the alternative, he is a 5.. If the Republican party was actually sane and not bat sh!t crazy he would get a 2 or 3...
#15 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

*Looks at user name*

*exits thread*

jimkabrhel

Yeah, I thought that too, but I figured an Obama supporter should be represented.

well
#16 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -
Based on the alternative, he is a 5.. If the Republican party was actually sane and not bat sh!t crazy he would get a 2 or 3...sSubZerOo
2 or 3 it is
#17 Posted by sSubZerOo (43003 posts) -

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]Based on the alternative, he is a 5.. If the Republican party was actually sane and not bat sh!t crazy he would get a 2 or 3...dave123321
2 or 3 it is

Ah disregarding entire statements and seeing only what you want to see, that is characteristic of the crazy... Thank you for proving my point..

#18 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]Based on the alternative, he is a 5.. If the Republican party was actually sane and not bat sh!t crazy he would get a 2 or 3...sSubZerOo

2 or 3 it is

Ah disregarding entire statements and seeing only what you want to see, that is characteristic of the crazy... Thank you for proving my point..

judging a person on other peoples merit is not sane. i am not good because you are bad.

#19 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]Based on the alternative, he is a 5.. If the Republican party was actually sane and not bat sh!t crazy he would get a 2 or 3...sSubZerOo

2 or 3 it is

I am not a republican. But I guess we see what we want to see. A 2 or 3 seems to be what you rate his performance disregarding unrelated nonsense such as possible alternative realities of a republican presidency. Rate his performance, not the rating of the ranking you give this reality in the face of other possible ones.
#20 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

-Sun_Tzu-
Try 900 billion dollars, and it will continue to shrink as the economy improves (along with the fact that spending was cut last year and taxes have just recently been raised). And on top of that the actual structural deficit is quite manageable - in fact there's not much evidence that said deficit is problematic at all.

that's good to know. I hope the US economy recovers fast.
#21 Posted by gamerguru100 (10450 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

Lonelynight

I thought you wanted us to collapse?
#22 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -
so far, with 18 votes the rating is 2.72 out of five
#23 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Try 900 billion dollars, and it will continue to shrink as the economy improves (along with the fact that spending was cut last year and taxes have just recently been raised). And on top of that the actual structural deficit is quite manageable - in fact there's not much evidence that said deficit is problematic at all.

I thought you wanted us to collapse?

I know that that isn't good for the world economy. A lot of the growth in SEA depends a lot on the US and China, and the China depends a lot of it's growth on the US, so we're fvcked if US turns to sh!t.
#24 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -
Glad you are rooting for us, lonely
#25 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -
I give him a solid 3
#26 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
Glad you are rotting for us, lonelydave123321
we are rotting well enough on our own.
#27 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -
[QUOTE="dave123321"]Glad you are rotting for us, lonelysurrealnumber5
we are rotting well enough on our own.

True
#28 Posted by whipassmt (13924 posts) -

1, the same rank i would give bush and for the same reasons, bailouts wars ignoring the constitution ect ect....surrealnumber5
Were they really "bailouts" though, I thought they were loans. Some of which have been paid back.

#29 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -

2 or 3 it is

You are reminding me a lot of whiteknight77
#30 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]1, the same rank i would give bush and for the same reasons, bailouts wars ignoring the constitution ect ect....whipassmt

Were they really "bailouts" though, I thought they were loans. Some of which have been paid back.

it all depends on what bailouts you are talking about, GM got loans, free money, and the gov purchased their stock. every month the fed buys 45B in bad mortgage backed securities from the mega banks. that is a perpetual bailout.

#31 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -
After 24 votes, the rating is 2.71
#32 Posted by Aljosa23 (24513 posts) -

3 sounds about right. Maybe add another .5 because he's not Stephen Harper.

#33 Posted by Abbeten (2803 posts) -
i'd go with 3.5, taking circumstances into account. i might bump it up to 4 on a good day
#34 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7719 posts) -
3, maybe a 4.
#35 Posted by Nuck81 (5818 posts) -

A 3 which is pretty amazing considering the open and outright partisanship he has faced since 2009. He has showed some balls so far in his second term now that he is not worried about getting reelected, and will probably strongarm enough to get stuff done, so by 2016 he could be looking at a 4.

#36 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

-Sun_Tzu-

eh I haven't checked up on it for a while,good to hear its gone down though.

#37 Posted by Chickity_China (2317 posts) -
He's not a leader. He's a backseat driver who's too afraid of making the important decisions presidents are supposed to make. And when other people do things right, he jumps in and takes the credit. He's not only a bad president, he's a bad person.
#38 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42577 posts) -
Between a 2 and 3.
#39 Posted by seahorse123 (1159 posts) -
5, he has done the best he could do you cannot ask anymore of him.
#40 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -
He's not a leader. He's a backseat driver who's too afraid of making the important decisions presidents are supposed to make. And when other people do things right, he jumps in and takes the credit. He's not only a bad president, he's a bad person.Chickity_China
You mean the Republicans? Yeah, they really care about the country. *eye roll*
#41 Posted by wis3boi (31003 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]He's not a leader. He's a backseat driver who's too afraid of making the important decisions presidents are supposed to make. And when other people do things right, he jumps in and takes the credit. He's not only a bad president, he's a bad person.Allicrombie

They will only care if they get the whole country to conform to their extreme world view :P

#42 Posted by Nuck81 (5818 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]He's not a leader. He's a backseat driver who's too afraid of making the important decisions presidents are supposed to make. And when other people do things right, he jumps in and takes the credit. He's not only a bad president, he's a bad person.Allicrombie

Not saving the Economy, Not helping Americans go to work, Not helping small Business. Mitch McConnel said " The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." They tried to acheive this by gridlocking congress, stalling bills, and giving the finger to the American People. Their result, Congress has a 9% approval rating, the Republican Party is in crisis mode, and Obama got reelected. Great job Reublicans!!
#43 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -
With 47 vote, the rating is 2.77
#44 Posted by Nuck81 (5818 posts) -
#45 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

gamerguru100

Well to be fair, Obama did say he would cut in half by the end of his first term.

But in all honesty, everyone in the government is at fault, not Obama. I can rate Obama the same as I would the rest of the do nothing law makers in both parties.... 0/10 for phucking every American poor or rich.

#46 Posted by TwistedShade (3137 posts) -

3. He's certainly trying and while I think he's done an "okay" job I wish he'd have tried harder in some area's. I think he backed gay rights in his campaign and he hasn't really done much about the issue since. Although I can understand having to deal with a Republican controlled house must be a constantly tough situation.

#47 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -
2.69 after 58 votes
#48 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
5, he has done the best he could do you cannot ask anymore of him.seahorse123
would you rate bush the same? for the same reasons?
#49 Posted by Laihendi (5800 posts) -
5, he has done the best he could do you cannot ask anymore of him.seahorse123
I can ask him to resign, because his best is pretty bad.
#50 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -

3. He's certainly trying and while I think he's done an "okay" job I wish he'd have tried harder in some area's. I think he backed gay rights in his campaign and he hasn't really done much about the issue since. Although I can understand having to deal with a Republican controlled house must be a constantly tough situation.

TwistedShade
The Supreme Court is going to be ruling on it pretty soon.