Obama passes 23 executive orders on Gun control; Republicans over-react.

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I'm waiting for a GOP member of Congress to get so opposed to gun control that they declare that the Sandy Hook massacre was an Obama conspiracy to get rid of guns, I mean the Operation Fast and Furious lead to the same thing, wouldn't surprise me if it happened again.lamprey263

Oh you haven't heard about Sandy Hook Truthers? There's always a group of deniers trying to open up a big government conspiracy following a national tragedy.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]To be honest, one thing that really bothers me about Sandy Hook (and the Sikh Temple thing too) is the reported on second shooter that always seems to disappear from the news after a few hours. Who knows though.Aljosa23

Probably because there is no second shooter. In chaotic events like that eye witness reports aren't always accurate, even more so in the Aurora theatre shooting where it's a dark movie theatre with the patrons in disguises.

Yeah, possible. Can't say my memory of that night (Sandy Hook) is perfect, but when the story first broke there were some pretty convincing eye witness accounts of a second shooter. One was even being questioned by cops iirc. Sikh temple case had a second shooter reported on as well, with the somewhat disturbing detail of him being in full tactical gear. Sure, might all be untrue. I don't know.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]I'm waiting for a GOP member of Congress to get so opposed to gun control that they declare that the Sandy Hook massacre was an Obama conspiracy to get rid of guns, I mean the Operation Fast and Furious lead to the same thing, wouldn't surprise me if it happened again.Blue-Sky

Oh you haven't heard about Sandy Hook Truthers? There's always a group of deniers trying to open up a big government conspiracy following a national tragedy.

I'm well aware of that, I'm just waiting to see if it slips from the fringe base to being voiced by Congressional representation.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Obeyme is most likely capable of it. Like F&F. Not convinced Sandy Hook was a false flag, though. There's still random attacks and inexplicable events. One danger of being more open to alternative theories is that everything could eventually seem as being a set up.

:lol: You guys cwack me up

To be honest, one thing that really bothers me about Sandy Hook (and the Sikh Temple thing too) is the reported on second shooter that always seems to disappear from the news after a few hours. Who knows though.

Sandy hook they thought there was multiple shooters largely because the reporters saw people being arrested and the initial confusion as to whether it was Adam or Ryan Lanza (or both) who had done the shooting. As for the Sikh one I can't really remember the details other than it was a Nazi or something like that. Also it's unfortunate that the evidence needed for so many to declare a conspiracy is so small. All it really does is undermine the chances of everyone else to agree because they become used to hearing that everything is a conspiracy.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Yeah, I'm against an "assault weapons" ban and such (not really worried about one actually getting passed, either), but those things hardly strike me as problematic. Just getting internal bureaucratic sh!t in order.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#56 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

The only thing I didnt like is that he surrounded himself with children when making this announcement. That's just cheesy pandering. Come on, we're bigger than that. But I dont have a problem with most of the orders.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ace6301

The only thing I didnt like is that he surrounded himself with children when making this announcement. That's just cheesy pandering. Come on, we're bigger than that. But I dont have a problem with most of the orders.

sonicare
Perhaps it was his new Obama protection system. No one is going to shoot him in fears of losing their guns if he's surrounded by little kids.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#58 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

Yeah, I'm against an "assault weapons" ban and such (not really worried about one actually getting passed, either), but those things hardly strike me as problematic. Just getting internal bureaucratic sh!t in order.

coolbeans90
You only think you support these things because you haven't seen them fully translated yet. The horror.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nocoolnamejim
[QUOTE="sonicare"]

Ace6301
Perhaps it was his new Obama protection system. No one is going to shoot him in fears of losing their guns if he's surrounded by little kids.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Lost. Hard.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

nocoolnamejim

You only think you support these things because you haven't seen them fully translated yet.

We need kraychik for this

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nocoolnamejim

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

You only think you support these things because you haven't seen them fully translated yet.

We need kraychik for this

Never has the phrase "I'm going to miss that crazy bastard" been more appropriate.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Am I understanding number 5 correctly. If I find a gun and want to return it to the police I can get prosecuted if I'm an ex-criminal? Ace6301
As I said I think the more vague ones need a better explanation. However it's probably just a background check and if you do have a history of something they decide is relevant they would probably ask you more questions.

Then that directive discourages people from returning guns. You can't argue your way around that.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]To be honest, one thing that really bothers me about Sandy Hook (and the Sikh Temple thing too) is the reported on second shooter that always seems to disappear from the news after a few hours. Who knows though.MrPraline

Probably because there is no second shooter. In chaotic events like that eye witness reports aren't always accurate, even more so in the Aurora theatre shooting where it's a dark movie theatre with the patrons in disguises.

Yeah, possible. Can't say my memory of that night (Sandy Hook) is perfect, but when the story first broke there were some pretty convincing eye witness accounts of a second shooter. One was even being questioned by cops iirc. Sikh temple case had a second shooter reported on as well, with the somewhat disturbing detail of him being in full tactical gear. Sure, might all be untrue. I don't know.

Sikh Temple didn't just have a second shooter. It had multiple reports of "several men in black tactical gear" doing the shooting. In fact, that was the first report out on local TV stations in the area. Those got pulled real quick once the big networks got there. There were at least 2 people who were in the temple interviewed who said that.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hartsickdiscipl

sonicare

It's not just cheesy pandering, it's disgusting. Truly dispicable. That should tell you something about him. Read into his orders.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#65 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts
While some of those are vague as f*ck that's actually pretty damn good stuff. Good job Obomber, for once you don't disappoint.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 nocoolnamejim
On the other hand, there's no shortage of crazy bastards in this world.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Am I understanding number 5 correctly. If I find a gun and want to return it to the police I can get prosecuted if I'm an ex-criminal? hartsickdiscipl

As I said I think the more vague ones need a better explanation. However it's probably just a background check and if you do have a history of something they decide is relevant they would probably ask you more questions.

Then that directive discourages people from returning guns. You can't argue your way around that.

You know that particular executive order is a proposition and not an actual creation of the law, right? So much for the fear mongering you were doing the other day.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

That seems pretty fair. Some are vague but I'm sure in the actual situation it'll be obvious to find out.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] As I said I think the more vague ones need a better explanation. However it's probably just a background check and if you do have a history of something they decide is relevant they would probably ask you more questions. Ace6301

You know that particular executive order is a proposition and not an actual creation of the law, right? So much for the fear mongering you were doing the other day.

We'll see.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Hah. How much has the media been covering the idea of a one trillion dollar coin over there? Read a few articles about it on zerohedge. Such silliness.

Obama ruled out that idea a couple of days ago. Said there was "no magic button solution" or something like that and then insisted that Congress raise the debt ceiling because "the United States is not a deadbeat nation" and "the full faith and credit of the United States is not a bargaining chip to achieve political aims" and "we pay our bills that we have already racked up".

Thanks. Have to agree with Obama on that one (the trillion dollar coin).

What if someone stole that coin?
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

hartsickdiscipl

We'll see.

:lol: I love it when people don't have a legitimate argument, but they still don't like the person so all they can do is sneer and give an ominous "Just wait" type of warning.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

Won't do a thing. They are either incredibly vague or already laws.

He just wants to make it seem like he is doing something. Changes nothing.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hartsickdiscipl

Here is a real, Constitutional analysis of what happened-

http://www.infowars.com/infowars-analysis-of-obamas-war-on-guns/

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ace6301

KC_Hokie
Isn't this exactly what pro-gun folk wanted?
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

Ace6301
Isn't this exactly what pro-gun folk wanted?

A bunch of ineffective and vague executive orders and of course more spending?
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Serraph105

KC_Hokie
So republicans will be cool with it, but pretend it's tyranny. Meanwhile democrats will make fun of republicans for being moronic, and generally be disappointed with the president. What else is new?
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

Serraph105
So republicans will be cool with it, but pretend it's tyranny. Meanwhile democrats will make fun of republicans for being moronic, and generally be disappointed with the president. What else is new?

I think politicians on both sides will point out how vague and infective these executive orders are.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 nocoolnamejim
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

Serraph105

We really need a feature that allows people to nominate a "post of the day" sort of thing.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

KC_Hokie

I think politicians on both sides will point out how vague and infective these executive orders are.

Liberals don't want real solutions. They just want more control. How they continue to deny this is beyond me. It must be some type of disease.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

Political pragmatism wins out again....

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Ace6301

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Serraph105"] So republicans will be cool with it, but pretend it's tyranny. Meanwhile democrats will make fun of republicans for being moronic, and generally be disappointed with the president. What else is new? hartsickdiscipl

Liberals don't want real solutions. They just want more control. How they continue to deny this is beyond me. It must be some type of disease.

Looks like someones upset his President isn't playing into his paranoid fantasies.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 KC_Hokie

Political pragmatism wins out again....

Lotus-Edge

Obama is fantastic at political theater. When you listen to the guy talk he does make you feel better somehow. But then you read the details of his plans they are a joke and terribly ineffective.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Serraph105

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Serraph105"] So republicans will be cool with it, but pretend it's tyranny. Meanwhile democrats will make fun of republicans for being moronic, and generally be disappointed with the president. What else is new? hartsickdiscipl

This is where I would normally call you moronic for for saying that democrats will gain more control by enacting laws that are ineffectual, but then I would be living up to my own prediction.
Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Lotus-Edge

hartsickdiscipl

Infowars?

Lol.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Lotus-Edge

Obama is fantastic at political theater. When you listen to the guy talk he does make you feel better somehow. But then you read the details of his plans they are a joke and terribly ineffective.

KC_Hokie
Yes, the Stimulus was resoundingly ineffective....
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
Obama wants this country to be a police state, and for the legislative branch to not exist.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
Obama wants this country to be a police state, and for the legislative branch to not exist.Laihendi
Is that you Alex Jones?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#88 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

Lotus-Edge
Yes, the Stimulus was resoundingly ineffective....

I dont think it was resoundingly effective either. Unless you are of the Paul Krugman school of thought and think it was too little.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 hartsickdiscipl

Lotus-Edge

Infowars?

Lol.

Keep laughing scum. You and the rest of your morally bankrupt kind will regret your blindness soon.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]Obama wants this country to be a police state, and for the legislative branch to not exist.DroidPhysX
Is that you Alex Jones?

Obama doesn't want private schools to exist, only state-controlled schools. This is why he is against vouchers for private schools, or ending public education altogether. Now Obama wants to put police in every state-controlled school in the country. He wants the police watching the children. He wants the police watching the people "educating" the children with government-approved curriculum. If Obama and others like him get their way then this trend will not stop with the schools. Those people want the government owning and operating every industry, and they want the police monitoring all of it.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ace6301
All this butt frustration over nothing [spoiler]  [/spoiler]
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Nothing in those orders are anything to get overly outraged at...... I am doubtful that more bureaucracy will do anything to curtail gun crimes though.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]Obama wants this country to be a police state, and for the legislative branch to not exist.Laihendi
Is that you Alex Jones?

Obama doesn't want private schools to exist, only state-controlled schools. This is why he is against vouchers for private schools, or ending public education altogether. Now Obama wants to put police in every state-controlled school in the country. He wants the police watching the children. He wants the police watching the people "educating" the children with government-approved curriculum. If Obama and others like him get their way then this trend will not stop with the schools. Those people want the government owning and operating every industry, and they want the police monitoring all of it.

Uhhh, it was the NRA that brought up the idea of armed guards in schools.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]Obama wants this country to be a police state, and for the legislative branch to not exist.Laihendi
Is that you Alex Jones?

Thy slippery slope
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Is that you Alex Jones?

And Obama wrote the executive order. Armed guards in schools is only acceptable if the schools are privately funded/operated, and the decision to employ the guards can be made without government manipulation. But that is not what is happening. Obama is merely tightening the government's stranglehold on education in this country.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Obama doesn't want private schools to exist, only state-controlled schools. This is why he is against vouchers for private schools, or ending public education altogether. Now Obama wants to put police in every state-controlled school in the country. He wants the police watching the children. He wants the police watching the people "educating" the children with government-approved curriculum. If Obama and others like him get their way then this trend will not stop with the schools. Those people want the government owning and operating every industry, and they want the police monitoring all of it.

And Obama wrote the executive order. Armed guards in schools is only acceptable if the schools are privately funded/operated, and the decision to employ the guards can be made without government manipulation. But that is not what is happening. Obama is merely tightening the government's stranglehold on education in this country.

How so?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Lotus-Edge"]

hartsickdiscipl

Infowars?

Lol.

Keep laughing scum. You and the rest of your morally bankrupt kind will regret your blindness soon.

Professor_Chaos.png

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

hartsickdiscipl

awKwO.gif

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Rich3232"] Uhhh, it was the NRA that brought up the idea of armed guards in schools. Rich3232

How so?

By "incentivizing" the hiring of police officers by state-controlled schools. Obama controls the funding state-controlled schools receive, which means they cannot afford to pass on the "incentives" he offers them. If they decline he has the power to cut off their funding and ruin them. He is holding the entire education system hostage.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#100 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

The way these people act makes me wonder how I have lived my entire life without having even fired a gun. I guess I'd behave this way if someone tried to take video games away though. It'll be interesting to see how the studies for violence in video games turn out. Let's just hope they aren't as corrupt as the ones that caused hemp to become outlawed.