Obama is race baiting by holding inauguration on MLK day

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Laihendi (5800 posts) -

January 20 has been the legal date of presidential inaugurations since 1937. This year Obama decided to be privately sworn in on the 20th, but hold off public celebrations until the 21st - MLK day. He even had himself sworn in on a bible owned by MLK Jr. No president before him has delayed inauguration ceremonies to make them occur on MLK day. No other president has had himself sworn in on a bible owned by MLK. MLK was a good man who did good things and I have nothing against him, but what Obama is doing is clearly race baiting.

Obama is trying to stress social issues in order to take attention away from his failing domestic/foreign and economic policies. This is just like when he endorsed gay marriage right after his terrible debate performances back in October. He is an utterly incompetent president, but he is trying to get the media to portray him as a civil rights hero to protect his legacy. He is not a civil rights hero. He renewed the patriot act, he has ended habeas corpus, he ordered the assassination of an American citizen, and now he is using executive orders to undermine the 2nd amendment.

Ever since the 2008 election we have heard the mantra that Obama is change, Obama is hope, Obama is a transendental historic figure. Reality, of course, has shown otherwise, so now Obama is using the inauguration ceremonies as propaganda events. He is using race baiting to manipulate peoples emotions in order to prevent dissent, to fool us into believing that he is a hero, when is destroying this country.

#2 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
You're an idiot.
#3 Posted by Aljosa23 (24525 posts) -

We0b0.gif.

#4 Posted by comp_atkins (31180 posts) -
You're an idiot. JML897
1st post... that was unusually quick...
#5 Posted by DroidPhysX (17088 posts) -
I see Obama is causing Lai some extreme butt hurt. Look forward to seeing more in the future.
#6 Posted by BossPerson (9432 posts) -

We0b0.gif.

Aljosa23
#7 Posted by toast_burner (21285 posts) -

What's wrong with addressing social issues? I never understood this idea that you can't look at one problem until you've solved this other one first. It's attitudes like TC's that are the reason the US has so many social reasons that distract politicians.

#9 Posted by Jebus213 (8716 posts) -

We0b0.gif.

Aljosa23
#10 Posted by Abbeten (2803 posts) -
it wasn't done yesterday because yesterday was a sunday
#11 Posted by VanHelsingBoA64 (5455 posts) -
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

We0b0.gif.

BossPerson

#12 Posted by dave123321 (33568 posts) -

January 20 has been the legal date of presidential inaugurations since 1937. This year Obama decided to be privately sworn in on the 20th, but hold off public celebrations until the 21st - MLK day. He even had himself sworn in on a bible owned by MLK Jr. No president before him has delayed inauguration ceremonies to make them occur on MLK day. No other president has had himself sworn in on a bible owned by MLK. MLK was a good man who did good things and I have nothing against him, but what Obama is doing is clearly race baiting.

Obama is trying to stress social issues in order to take attention away from his failing domestic/foreign and economic policies. This is just like when he endorsed gay marriage right after his terrible debate performances back in October. He is an utterly incompetent president, but he is trying to get the media to portray him as a civil rights hero to protect his legacy. He is not a civil rights hero. He renewed the patriot act, he has ended habeas corpus, he ordered the assassination of an American citizen, and now he is using executive orders to undermine the 2nd amendment.

Ever since the 2008 election we have heard the mantra that Obama is change, Obama is hope, Obama is a transendental historic figure. Reality, of course, has shown otherwise, so now Obama is using the inauguration ceremonies as propaganda events. He is using race baiting to manipulate peoples emotions in order to prevent dissent, to fool us into believing that he is a hero, when is destroying this country.

Laihendi
Do you realize that since 37 there has been other ones held the 21st, when the 20th was a Sunday?
#13 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29056 posts) -

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151.

#14 Posted by -Tish- (3620 posts) -
Let's feed the troll/idiot.
#15 Posted by dave123321 (33568 posts) -
Let's feed the troll/idiot. -Tish-
Lai is better then lots of us
#16 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
i knew someone would post something about this!!!
#17 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

Laihendi

You are literally the dumbest person on Off topic, that's quite a feat.

#18 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

#19 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149964 posts) -
Race baiting? Seriously? I've seen the future and the future is bleak.:(
#20 Posted by Aljosa23 (24525 posts) -

I hope this thread explodes. Could be hella interesting to see Laihendi defend this crap.

#21 Posted by dave123321 (33568 posts) -
Is it your birthday, aljosa?
#22 Posted by SulIy (112 posts) -
I googled some of this hoping this was an intelligent poster just copy pasting some idiots post from a far right wing zealot web forum. It isn't. Yikes. TC, you have issues.
#23 Posted by Aljosa23 (24525 posts) -

Is it your birthday, aljosa?dave123321
Yes.

How do you know?:shock:

#24 Posted by dave123321 (33568 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Is it your birthday, aljosa?Aljosa23

Yes.

How do you know?:shock:

Hana made a thread on tdh since birthdays are listed there. Happy birthday, btw
#25 Posted by sonicare (53448 posts) -

You're really reaching.

#26 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14345 posts) -

I'm just gonna do the TC a favor and pull the plug on this thread.