Nun, 82, Allegedly Splashed Human Blood on Nuke Plant

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jimkabrhel (15416 posts) -

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/nun-82-allegedly-splashed-human-blood-nuke-plant/story?id=16914080

Best Non-Onion headline I've read in quite awhile. 

Two men and an 82-year-old nun who allegedly broke into the U.S. government's only storage facility for weapons-grade enriched uranium and splashed it with human blood may face additional charges, the U.S. Attorney for Eastern Tennessee told ABC News Thursday.

The peace activists, Sister Megan Rice, 82, of Nevada; Michael Walli, 63, of Washington, D.C.; and Greg Boertje-Obed, 57, of Duluth, Minn., were charged with trespassing after allegedly breaking into the Y-12 national security complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee at 4:30 a.m. Saturday.

Certainly an interesting habit.

#2 Posted by ferrari2001 (16736 posts) -
How did they even break into a national security complex and make it all the way to the enriched uranium without getting stopped. That is what worries me most, what if someone had instead broken in and instead of splashing it with human blood simply stole it to use in a nuclear weapon?
#3 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12767 posts) -

How did they even break into a national security complex and make it all the way to the enriched uranium without getting stopped. That is what worries me most, what if someone had instead broken in and instead of splashing it with human blood simply stole it to use in a nuclear weapon?ferrari2001

As big as Y-12 is above ground, the vast majority of the complex is well below ground.

#4 Posted by frannkzappa (3101 posts) -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXT9j2mSnwVbNoefxtLFY

Vaya con dios.

#5 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149984 posts) -
How did they even break into a national security complex and make it all the way to the enriched uranium without getting stopped. That is what worries me most, what if someone had instead broken in and instead of splashing it with human blood simply stole it to use in a nuclear weapon?ferrari2001
Indeed. How did they do that....
#6 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
That's what I thought too but after reading the article it seems like they didn't even get close to where anything important was
#7 Posted by gamerguru100 (10450 posts) -
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]How did they even break into a national security complex and make it all the way to the enriched uranium without getting stopped. That is what worries me most, what if someone had instead broken in and instead of splashing it with human blood simply stole it to use in a nuclear weapon?LJS9502_basic
Indeed. How did they do that....

#8 Posted by konvikt_17 (22129 posts) -

Nun5-frown1.jpg
fuck_the_police-1.gif/

#9 Posted by gamerguru100 (10450 posts) -

Nun5-frown1.jpg
fuck_the_police-1.gif/

konvikt_17
lol
#10 Posted by Phenogeek (26 posts) -
At least they didn't get anywhere where they could've caused actual damage. Still, you'd think they'd have been stopped. I mean, an 82 year old nun? Cat like reflexes there, people.
#11 Posted by sSubZerOo (43003 posts) -
Kind of amusing.. Nuclear weapons are what has single handedly prevented a major war from breaking out for so long..
#12 Posted by Allicrombie (25114 posts) -
Cue the upcoming Michael Bay adaptation, starring Meryl Streep.
#13 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
Cue the upcoming Michael Bay adaptation, starring Meryl Streep.Allicrombie
you have my attention
#14 Posted by ferrari2001 (16736 posts) -

Cue the upcoming Michael Bay adaptation, starring Meryl Streep.Allicrombie
hmmm

29bhkm0.jpg

#15 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
So old people can break into facilities?
#16 Posted by Ace6301 (21388 posts) -
As odd as it may be to say nukes are actually pretty low on the total kills. Also blood is f*cking expensive.
#17 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
How do nuns get into a nuclear factory?