North Korea In State of War With South Korea Threatens To Dissolve US

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

North Korea has entered a state of war with neighboring South Korea, according to a report Saturday from the state-run Korean Central News Agency that included a threat to dissolve the U.S. mainland.

Any issues regarding North and South will be treated in accordance to the state of war, North Koreas government said in a special statement carried by KCNA. The condition, which was neither war nor peace, has ended.

North Korea and South Korea technically remain at war since their conflict between 1950 and 1953 ended with an armistice and not a peace treaty. On March 11, the North Korean army declared the armistice agreement invalid.

This report represented Pyongyangs latest salvo aimed at South Korea and its ally the United States. Tensions in the area have been ratcheting up for months, with North Korea remaining defiant and, in some opinions, belligerent in the face of international efforts to halt its nuclear program.

Saturdays report included a direct threat to the United States, while also asserting Pyongyang will not limit (itself) to limited warfare but to all-out war and nuclear war.

We will first target and dissolve mainland United States, Hawaii and Guam, and United States military based in South Korea. And the (South Korean presidential office) will be burned to the ground, the KCNA report said.

Source

:shock:

#2 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

We should reinstate Manifest Destiny, and just dumb all the people to SK.

*Worldwide type MD. 

#3 Posted by The__Kraken (851 posts) -

I welcome the coming apocalypse with open arms.

#4 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

this saddens me

#5 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20732 posts) -

Dem koreans are **** crazy mofos!

#6 Posted by Silverbond (16049 posts) -

#yolo

#7 Posted by Stesilaus (3293 posts) -

I welcome the coming apocalypse with open arms.

The__Kraken

It's long overdue that humanity bequeath the planet to a superior species, such as the cockroach.

#8 Posted by sonicare (53448 posts) -

It's nice to see that North Korea has 3 year olds write their press releases.

#9 Posted by lo_Pine (5048 posts) -
NK would be wiped off the map if they did anything to anyone, especially the US. The threats they make are for the purpose of keeping them relevant. They have nowhere to go or no one to turn to if they actually acted.
#10 Posted by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

Entered a "state of war".

Lol.

#11 Posted by LordShockTitan (209 posts) -

North Korea has entered a state of war with neighboring South Korea

-Renegade

Since when were they ever at peace?

#12 Posted by Chemistian (635 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]

LordShockTitan

Technically they weren't. Each side simply upheld an armistice, which North Korea has stated they are scrapping. Fascinating as to what Kim Jong Un is actually trying to do, as it seems to be anyone's guess.
#13 Posted by mAArdman (1612 posts) -

weren't they already in a state of war?

#14 Posted by wis3boi (31016 posts) -

Entered a "state of crying again".

Wasdie

Fix'd

#15 Posted by wis3boi (31016 posts) -

[QUOTE="LordShockTitan"]

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]

Chemistian

Technically they weren't. Each side simply upheld an armistice, which North Korea has stated they are scrapping. Fascinating as to what Kim Jong Un is actually trying to do, as it seems to be anyone's guess.

they've 'scrapped' the ceasefire 4 times in 10 years.

#16 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

They won't do sh!t. They wouldn't be that stupid, surely Kim Jong-un's advisers would talk some sense into him. They should know that China wants nothing to do with them now, and even if they launched, their missile woudn't even make it past Asia.

#17 Posted by Spartan_N7 (576 posts) -
North Korea is running their mouth? Who wouldve thought...
#18 Posted by Promised_Trini (3574 posts) -

This is really bad news for sure.

#19 Posted by wis3boi (31016 posts) -

#20 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4741 posts) -

North Korea's throwing a tantrum again and threatening the US, what else is new? 

#21 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

NK's shrimp dick complex is getting pretty old.

#22 Posted by Celldrax (14551 posts) -

Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha...

[spoiler] Stay edgy, NK. [/spoiler]

#23 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
They're bluffing.
#24 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -
I dont understand... How is a country allowed to threaten NUCLEAR WAR!? Threatening to use a NUKE on a country for no good reason should = ALL OTHER COUNTRIES TEAMING UP and KILLING THE OLD MEN PULLING THE STRINGS. They should quit saying "North Korea" this isnt all of north koreas decision this is a couple INSANE OLD MEN's decisions, EXTERMINATE THEM because they are clearly insane
#25 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

North Korea has entered a state of war with neighboring South Korea, according to a report Saturday from the state-run Korean Central News Agency that included a threat to dissolve the U.S. mainland.

Any issues regarding North and South will be treated in accordance to the state of war, North Koreas government said in a special statement carried by KCNA. The condition, which was neither war nor peace, has ended.

North Korea and South Korea technically remain at war since their conflict between 1950 and 1953 ended with an armistice and not a peace treaty. On March 11, the North Korean army declared the armistice agreement invalid.

This report represented Pyongyangs latest salvo aimed at South Korea and its ally the United States. Tensions in the area have been ratcheting up for months, with North Korea remaining defiant and, in some opinions, belligerent in the face of international efforts to halt its nuclear program.

Saturdays report included a direct threat to the United States, while also asserting Pyongyang will not limit (itself) to limited warfare but to all-out war and nuclear war.

We will first target and dissolve mainland United States, Hawaii and Guam, and United States military based in South Korea. And the (South Korean presidential office) will be burned to the ground, the KCNA report said.

Source

:shock:

-Renegade
Well, lets see if NK fires it's nukes and see what happens...
#26 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="JustSignedUp"]I dont understand... How is a country allowed to threaten NUCLEAR WAR!? Threatening to use a NUKE on a country for no good reason should = ALL OTHER COUNTRIES TEAMING UP and KILLING THE OLD MEN PULLING THE STRINGS. They should quit saying "North Korea" this isnt all of north koreas decision this is a couple INSANE OLD MEN's decisions, EXTERMINATE THEM because they are clearly insane

I don't understand how ANY country is allowed to have nuclear weapons. Much less pretend to decide which countries should have nuclear weapons and which don't while having them themselves.
#27 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I dont understand... How is a country allowed to threaten NUCLEAR WAR!? Threatening to use a NUKE on a country for no good reason should = ALL OTHER COUNTRIES TEAMING UP and KILLING THE OLD MEN PULLING THE STRINGS. They should quit saying "North Korea" this isnt all of north koreas decision this is a couple INSANE OLD MEN's decisions, EXTERMINATE THEM because they are clearly insaneJustSignedUp
It just shows what an absolute joke NK is seen as to the world. Like you said, if most other countries made that threat, they would have already been swiftly dealt with.

#28 Posted by svengalis (54 posts) -

[QUOTE="JustSignedUp"]I dont understand... How is a country allowed to threaten NUCLEAR WAR!? Threatening to use a NUKE on a country for no good reason should = ALL OTHER COUNTRIES TEAMING UP and KILLING THE OLD MEN PULLING THE STRINGS. They should quit saying "North Korea" this isnt all of north koreas decision this is a couple INSANE OLD MEN's decisions, EXTERMINATE THEM because they are clearly insanekuraimen
I don't understand how ANY country is allowed to have nuclear weapons. Much less pretend to decide which countries should have nuclear weapons and which don't while having them themselves.

Well the good olé US of A was flying bombers over nk so technically it's not for no reason.

#29 Posted by Retro_Future (127 posts) -

It has begun!

...or not. 

#30 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6523 posts) -
N Korea better not hurt S Korea. I need my K pop!
#31 Posted by Nick3306 (2560 posts) -
Just bomb them and get it over with, I'm so sick of their threats and I am so sick of us just sitting back taking it.
#32 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

Should I be concerned? I don't seem too concerned. In fact, I don't really care.

Eh.

#33 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2187 posts) -
Just bomb them and get it over with, I'm so sick of their threats and I am so sick of us just sitting back taking it. Nick3306
No.
#34 Posted by Nick3306 (2560 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nick3306"]Just bomb them and get it over with, I'm so sick of their threats and I am so sick of us just sitting back taking it. The_Lipscomb
No.

Yes
#35 Posted by wis3boi (31016 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Nick3306"]Just bomb them and get it over with, I'm so sick of their threats and I am so sick of us just sitting back taking it. Nick3306
No.

Yes

Nope

#36 Posted by Retro_Future (127 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Nick3306"]Just bomb them and get it over with, I'm so sick of their threats and I am so sick of us just sitting back taking it. Nick3306
No.

Yes

Just what we need...more war. 

#37 Posted by Nick3306 (2560 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nick3306"][QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] No.Retro_Future

Yes

You're right, what we should do is wait for their technology to develop for a few years, so they can mount a nuke onto a rocket, and then nuke us. Brilliant strategy. The keep building their nuclear capability and we keep letting them, these Un sanction are not working. The act of appeasement has not gone well in the past why would it change all the sudden? These people have no indications of suddenly becoming not hostile.
#38 Posted by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

[QUOTE="Retro_Future"]

[QUOTE="Nick3306"] YesNick3306

You're right, what we should do is wait for their technology to develop for a few years, so they can mount a nuke onto a rocket, and then nuke us. Brilliant strategy. The keep building their nuclear capability and we keep letting them, these Un sanction are not working. The act of appeasement has not gone well in the past why would it change all the sudden? These people have no indications of suddenly becoming not hostile.

You're grossly over estimating their capabilities. 

Just settle down. Nobody wants war.

#39 Posted by Jagged3dge (3895 posts) -

It has begun!

...or not. 

Retro_Future

Nice. :lol:

#40 Posted by Nick3306 (2560 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nick3306"][QUOTE="Retro_Future"]

Wasdie

That is why I said a few years, because at this pace, if they dont strike, we are just going to keep throwing out meaningless sanctions while they get more motivated to develop these weapons. No body wants war, but if it has to be done, it has to be done. Obviously the US wants some form of conflict, what do you think that whole B-2 flyover was? That was the US government showcasing its power in attempt to get a reaction out of NK.
#41 Posted by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="Nick3306"]You're right, what we should do is wait for their technology to develop for a few years, so they can mount a nuke onto a rocket, and then nuke us. Brilliant strategy. The keep building their nuclear capability and we keep letting them, these Un sanction are not working. The act of appeasement has not gone well in the past why would it change all the sudden? These people have no indications of suddenly becoming not hostile.Nick3306

That is why I said a few years, because at this pace, if they dont strike, we are just going to keep throwing out meaningless sanctions while they get more motivated to develop these weapons. No body wants war, but if it has to be done, it has to be done. Obviously the US wants some form of conflict, what do you think that whole B-2 flyover was? That was the US government showcasing its power in attempt to get a reaction out of NK.

What pace? A few years ago they were struggling to get 50's era rockets into the skies. Last year they finally got that. Their military ages each day and is not replaced by anything (nobody sells to them) and their internal manufacturing is tiny. In their training videos their soldiers are seen with WWII bolt action rifles and light machine guns. 

They aren't going to strike at us. If anything they are collapsing internally and this is all ways of masking the internal struggle. 

#42 Posted by Nick3306 (2560 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nick3306"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

What pace? A few years ago they were struggling to get 50's era rockets into the skies. Last year they finally got that. Their military ages each day and is not replaced by anything (nobody sells to them) and their internal manufacturing is tiny. In their training videos their soldiers are seen with WWII bolt action rifles and light machine guns. 

They aren't going to strike at us. If anything they are collapsing internally and this is all ways of masking the internal struggle. 

I'll admit, I tend to want to overestimate a countries ability rather than downplay the damage it could cause. Any country that is willing to put minor military gain over the well being of its people needs to be looked after especially when they keep making these threats. Sure they seem mostly empty but the fact is you never know. Even if they cant attack to US, them attacking SK is a much more likely scenario which would still mean innocent people would die.
#43 Posted by Postal_Guy (2643 posts) -

Why cant the US just send in a drone and shoot a small missile through Kim Jong Un's bedroom window at night.

They have the tech to do that right? right!?!!? + I wanna see NK's reaction afterwards

#44 Posted by wis3boi (31016 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="Nick3306"]That is why I said a few years, because at this pace, if they dont strike, we are just going to keep throwing out meaningless sanctions while they get more motivated to develop these weapons. No body wants war, but if it has to be done, it has to be done. Obviously the US wants some form of conflict, what do you think that whole B-2 flyover was? That was the US government showcasing its power in attempt to get a reaction out of NK.Nick3306

I'll admit, I tend to want to overestimate a countries ability rather than downplay the damage it could cause. Any country that is willing to put minor military gain over the well being of its people needs to be looked after especially when they keep making these threats. Sure they seem mostly empty but the fact is you never know. Even if they cant attack to US, them attacking SK is a much more likely scenario which would still mean innocent people would die.

They have no fuel for their vehicles, their pilots have around 10-20 hours of training, and they have no food.  They would barely make it past the DMZ.  We'd be better off airdropping big macs from a B-52 to distract them

#45 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="JustSignedUp"]I dont understand... How is a country allowed to threaten NUCLEAR WAR!? Threatening to use a NUKE on a country for no good reason should = ALL OTHER COUNTRIES TEAMING UP and KILLING THE OLD MEN PULLING THE STRINGS. They should quit saying "North Korea" this isnt all of north koreas decision this is a couple INSANE OLD MEN's decisions, EXTERMINATE THEM because they are clearly insanesvengalis

Well the good olé US of A was flying bombers over nk so technically it's not for no reason.

Citation needed. Do you have a link to such a flyover of NK?
#46 Posted by wis3boi (31016 posts) -

[QUOTE="svengalis"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] I don't understand how ANY country is allowed to have nuclear weapons. Much less pretend to decide which countries should have nuclear weapons and which don't while having them themselves.WhiteKnight77

B-52s flew over the DMZ not long ago. NK got pissed.  So we sent some B2's and did practice runs with SK.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/28/world/asia/korea-us-b2-flights/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

#47 Posted by brimmul777 (1105 posts) -

I think everyone is underestimating North Korea and their alies.There is a possible chance it could be a huge war,maybe WW3.:|.

#48 Posted by SpartanMSU (3440 posts) -

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="svengalis"] Well the good olé US of A was flying bombers over nk so technically it's not for no reason.

wis3boi

B-52s flew over the DMZ not long ago. NK got pissed.  So we sent some B2's and did practice runs with SK.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/28/world/asia/korea-us-b2-flights/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

They flew over South Korea, not the DMZ. Both the B-52s and B-2s. They never flew over North Korea like the poster claimed.

#49 Posted by wis3boi (31016 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]Citation needed. Do you have a link to such a flyover of NK?SpartanMSU

They flew over South Korea, not the DMZ. Both the B-52s and B-2s. They never flew over North Korea like the poster claimed.

I know they didnt go over NK, that would cause combat to open up....actually...I doubt NK would even be able to hit a b2

#50 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]Citation needed. Do you have a link to such a flyover of NK?wis3boi

The B2s flying over South Korea do not equate to flying over North Korea. What about your claim to flying over the DMZ? Where is a story about that? The fact remains, a B-52 can fly within 100 feet of the DMZ without entering it and there is nothing that NK can say about it. They can rattle their sabers all they want, but nothing illegal transpired. As it is, it has been NK who has made the transgressions in the DMZ (though probably before you were born) and the true irony is, we never did retaliate for it.