No good engrish,no welcome to forum.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Amartherion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Amartherion
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts

Okay i'm not really here to rant, but are there anyone here truly annoyed by the "grammar police " lurking around? okay i'm really bad at english and surely i'm working on it, well i'm not from an english speaking country by the way. An example was last nite, i posted a topic regarding which old game shld i trade in for RDR cos i'm pretty dry for the month due to my son's birthday party,mother's day and some overdue bills.and yeah there are helpful ppl giving opinions but also ppl who came in and say "bad grammar,how old are u? u sure u wanna get it? go to college and get a high paying job...wtf?

-AlbertC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 -AlbertC
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

[QUOTE="Amartherion"]

Okay i'm not really here to rant, but are there anyone here truly annoyed by the "grammar police " lurking around? okay i'm really bad at english and surely i'm working on it, well i'm not from an english speaking country by the way. An example was last nite, i posted a topic regarding which old game shld i trade in for RDR cos i'm pretty dry for the month due to my son's birthday party,mother's day and some overdue bills.and yeah there are helpful ppl giving opinions but also ppl who came in and say "bad grammar,how old are u? u sure u wanna get it? go to college and get a high paying job...wtf?

St_JimmyX

9 spelling errors, and that's not counting grammar. Congrats.

Topic'd

Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
"People." "Night." "You" Ah, hell it's not even fun. I guess I'm with you on this one. :(
Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts
You're on the internet. So mostly trolls just doing it to bug you no one really minds except the insecure kids that don't excell in academics themselves.
savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts
i ror'd.
Robbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Robbler
Member since 2010 • 616 Posts
Criticism is inappropriate. One should be able to tell the difference between an ignoramus and a foreigner, based on the content they type. It is usually obvious to me. A person who's primary language is not English should always be given leniency in this capacity.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#9 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

[QUOTE="Amartherion"]

taj7575

You forgot to capitalize the I in "I'm" each time you used it.

"Night"

"Shield"

"Because"

"People"

"You"

Let's not forget the incomplete quote at the end. :P

Yeah, grammar policing gets on my nerves.

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Criticism is inappropriate. One should be able to tell the difference between an ignoramus and a foreigner, based on the content they type. It is usually obvious to me. A person who's primary language is not English should always be given leniency in this capacity. Robbler

http://rgh.cc/albums/userpics/10001/supplies.gif

It's the internet man!:x Aside from a few forums (this being one), most consist of people who are looking to be the biggest douche they can be.

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 taj7575

[QUOTE="taj7575"]

[QUOTE="Amartherion"]

THE_DRUGGIE

You forgot to capitalize the I in "I'm" each time you used it.

"Night"

"Shield"

"Because"

"People"

"You"

Let's not forget the incomplete quote at the end.

Spelling errors are enough :P

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 THE_DRUGGIE

[QUOTE="Robbler"]Criticism is inappropriate. One should be able to tell the difference between an ignoramus and a foreigner, based on the content they type. It is usually obvious to me. A person who's primary language is not English should always be given leniency in this capacity. taj7575

It's the internet man!:x Aside from a few forums (this being one), most consist of people who are looking to be the biggest douche they can be.

You obviously haven't taken a good look at the religious threads.

*ba-dum, psh*

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 taj7575

[QUOTE="taj7575"]

[QUOTE="Robbler"]Criticism is inappropriate. One should be able to tell the difference between an ignoramus and a foreigner, based on the content they type. It is usually obvious to me. A person who's primary language is not English should always be given leniency in this capacity. THE_DRUGGIE

You obviously haven't taken a good look at the religious threads.

*ba-dum, psh*

Yeah, but it could be worse, much worse. In some other forums, religious debates turn into a swear fest with a few mother jokes thrown in here and there. At least here we have civil debates and blackregiment for the lulz.

dragon7x2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dragon7x2k
Member since 2007 • 3695 Posts
I haven't visited any board out of OT in this site, but in Gamefaqs some posts are impossible to figure out what the dude who wrote it was trying to say, I don't mind little mistakes because I commit way too many but if the post doesn't make any sense because of bad grammar you can't blame people for complaining, it's a forum for english speakers and if you can't write a readable paragraph you should look for similar forums in your language or get better at english.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 THE_DRUGGIE

Yeah, but it could be worse, much worse. In some other forums, religious debates turn into a swear fest with a few mother jokes thrown in here and there. At least here we have civil debates and blackregiment for the lulz.

taj7575

I'm pretty sure you just explained pre-guideline religious threads. :P

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 taj7575

[QUOTE="taj7575"]

[QUOTE="Robbler"]Criticism is inappropriate. One should be able to tell the difference between an ignoramus and a foreigner, based on the content they type. It is usually obvious to me. A person who's primary language is not English should always be given leniency in this capacity. Robbler

That may be the case, but one should overlook English inconsistencies unless it is obvious that that the poster is a native Kentucky/Tennessee resident that really does not grasp the English language.

Yeah, that is true, but like I said, most other forums aren't that forgiving.

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 taj7575

[QUOTE="taj7575"]

THE_DRUGGIE

Yeah that is true. I can imagine the debates in OT if we didn't have the mods around..:lol:

Robbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Robbler

[QUOTE="Robbler"][QUOTE="taj7575"]

taj7575

That may be the case, but one should overlook English inconsistencies unless it is obvious that that the poster is a native Kentucky/Tennessee resident that really does not grasp the English language.

Yeah, that is true, but like I said, most other forums aren't that forgiving.

That is debatable, but lets go with it and thank our schmucky (lucky) stars.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 THE_DRUGGIE

[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

[QUOTE="taj7575"]

taj7575

Yeah that is true. I can imagine the debates in OT if we didn't have the mods around..:lol:

Ugh, I'm having flashbacks to Crushmaster threads... :?

Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
I am sorry, but if you can not write properly I will surely look down upon you. Everyone makes mistakes, but you should try to use the language properly whenever you write. Your bad habits will rub of on "important" documents. If you are from a different country you are still NOT excused.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 THE_DRUGGIE

I am sorry, but if you can not write properly I will surely look down upon you. Everyone makes mistakes, but you should try to use the language properly whenever you write. Your bad habits will rub of on "important" documents. If you are from a different country you are still NOT excused. Diablo112688

Don't you mean "rub off?" :P

Amartherion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Amartherion
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
Compromise, is it that hard? Well, now i know why the world is in a mess.
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts

[QUOTE="Diablo112688"]I am sorry, but if you can not write properly I will surely look down upon you. Everyone makes mistakes, but you should try to use the language properly whenever you write. Your bad habits will rub of on "important" documents. If you are from a different country you are still NOT excused. THE_DRUGGIE

Yeah I think so. I was just proving what I said. Remember I said that everyone makes mistakes. Haha.
Robbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Robbler
Where the US is concerned, English, Spanish, and French should all be accommodated for, after all the US is made of immigrants of many nations. Possibly also Korean, Hindi, and Mandarin. Definitely Mandarin, as China will be the next superpower. There are many nations in the world that do not have a unified language, and there is absolutely no reason why America should be one that does, given it's ethnicity. Long gone are the days of the "Good Ole' Boys". And the GOP is a sick, sad reflection of the days gone by (bye, bye):
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 THE_DRUGGIE

[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

[QUOTE="Diablo112688"]I am sorry, but if you can not write properly I will surely look down upon you. Everyone makes mistakes, but you should try to use the language properly whenever you write. Your bad habits will rub of on "important" documents. If you are from a different country you are still NOT excused. Diablo112688

Yeah I think so. I was just proving what I said. Remember I said that everyone makes mistakes. Haha.

Which is why we should excuse mistakes every now and then as an act of kindness. :)