#1 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1749 posts) -

Pool is one of those sports that looks easy from a distance. Y'know, its just angles, power, spin, chalk, and yada yada. When I play, I suck...bad. If I ever win, it's because my opponent knocked the 8-ball in early.

I had to watch at least 3 times because so much was happening <3. This is the best youtube video of 2014 so far. Mad skills.

---

most importantly:

- what impresses you most about the video?

- what is the recommended minimum amount of times this video should be watched for it to be fully appreciated?

- do you think this talent would make you more attractive?

- are you decent at pool? have you ever played for money and won?

#2 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12927 posts) -

Nice. I couldn't do it. I'm probably about average for a pool player, I've only ever ran the table once. I can do some simple trick shots but nothing compared to that video.

#3 Posted by foxhound_fox (88053 posts) -

I tend to like trickshots that don't involve a sexy model (it distracts from the shot itself), but this guy's control of the cue ball is just outstanding. Some of those are downright mind-blowing.

#4 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1749 posts) -

I tend to like trickshots that don't involve a sexy model (it distracts from the shot itself), but this guy's control of the cue ball is just outstanding. Some of those are downright mind-blowing.

I agree. But, I also see her as an impediment to the shot taker so it kind of makes the shot even more impressive. Using sex appeal to help his video in two different ways.

#5 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26165 posts) -

Took me a while to realize there was even a pool table in this video.

#6 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1749 posts) -
#7 Posted by Bardock47 (5272 posts) -

Damn thats hella impressive. I love how he curves it too!

Also, Dem legs ;D

Finally I feel like this is required

#8 Posted by Korvus (3532 posts) -

Wow, some of them don't even seem possible! Very impressive.

That being said having the girl there is really annoying and completely unneeded. It feels like a "if you don't think I'm good just look at the chick". Not only does she looks like an idiot but she blocks the view of some of the shots...(wonder if I'd be saying this if I were single and 15yo, but still =P)

#9 Posted by always_explicit (2766 posts) -

@korvus said:

Wow, some of them don't even seem possible! Very impressive.

That being said having the girl there is really annoying and completely unneeded. It feels like a "if you don't think I'm good just look at the chick". Not only does she looks like an idiot but she blocks the view of some of the shots...(wonder if I'd be saying this if I were single and 15yo, but still =P)

She was performing too, her movements were choreographed and in synchronization with his. Obviously nowhere near the same level of skill is required but having her take up large area's of the table made the "shot lines" more impressive. He did not have a whole table in order to complete the shot... he also had to negotiate other obstacles. In this case a very sexy woman. So to serve the purpose of the video, she was certainly needed.

#10 Posted by Korvus (3532 posts) -

@always_explicit: Other than holding the hoop you're telling me he couldn't have gotten a cardboard box/obstacles or whatever to do most of those? Plus, did she need to be wearing a miniskirt? My point is that "let's put a sexy girl in this thing", in my opinion, diminishes the awesomeness of what he did.

It's just catering to youtube's "I clicked for the boobs" syndrome....then again, looking at these comments and the ones on the video itself ("I'd be more impressed if he had put it in the only hole that mattered") I guess his thinking works...