New Wolverine movie.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

Has anyone here seen the new Wolverine movie? If so what do you guys think?

I saw like the first 30 minutes and ended up leaving. Very boring to me.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
"Very boring to me" :lol: Exactly why I liked it. Last 15 minutes or so treads into the typical action and cliche ridden drivel, but everything before that is a pretty refreshing story, with a focus on character instead of explosions.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Loved it until the end.  The two parts at the end that REALLY pissed me off were [spoiler] when they somehow broke adamantium and they were stealing his mutant powers.  Stupid.  [/spoiler]

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I didnt have plans to see it unless John wants to drag me. The trailers make it look like a pretty predictable Wolverine movie. To be honest, I'm kind of tired of XMen movies focusing on him in general, there are other XMen who I wouldnt mind seeing a movie about.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
The 5th movie staring Huge Jackman as Wolverine. Waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
they already had 3 X-Men movies centered around Wolverine, a Wolverine movie like he wasn't already getting enough attention, and a cameo in First Class; I've no desire to see not that I don't like the character though, I just don't care for Hugh Jackman all that much
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ugalde-
"Very boring to me" :lol: Exactly why I liked it. Last 15 minutes or so treads into the typical action and cliche ridden drivel, but everything before that is a pretty refreshing story, with a focus on character instead of explosions.SaintLeonidas
Yea I find the Wolverine character to be very boring. The Japanese chick was way to weird to me. The first fight scene at the funeral is terrible. Every gun jams or runs out of ammo when its time to shoot Wolverine. And each shot that hit him dazed him way too much. They should of shot him way more.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

Haven't seen it, but I can see by the comments that people are just getting tired of the same old thing.

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

Not bad

But they brought down Wolverine too many times in the series.

Wolverine Origins loses memory and wife 

X-men 3 loses Jean

[spoiler] And in this movie he loses his healing ability for the majority of the movie getting his ass handed to him multple times , but he does get it back only to get his ass handed to him again and to top it off he loses his Adamantium claws. [/spoiler]

but yeah good plot and character develpment etc...

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
I didnt have plans to see it unless John wants to drag me. The trailers make it look like a pretty predictable Wolverine movie. To be honest, I'm kind of tired of XMen movies focusing on him in general, there are other XMen who I wouldnt mind seeing a movie about.Allicrombie
First off, everyone probably agrees that Origins: Wolverine was complete sh*t and there was no need to put him in as a Cameo for First Class. Put those two out of your mind, go see the movie, and give us your new found thoughts. And keep in mind that this is the lead in movie to Days of Future Past and bring some Kleenex.
TacticaI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TacticaI
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts

I was bored as hell and couldn't wait to get out of there (didn't even care to stay for the extra scene, you know where Marvel is going with these movies). I knew I shouldn't have gone to see another movie about Wolverine, but I had nothing better to do. I respect trying to be less about specatle and more about character development, but again, it's another Wolverine movie, and I could not bring myself to give a rats ass about any other character. 

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

I was bored as hell and couldn't wait to get out of there (didn't even care to stay for the extra scene, you know where Marvel is going with these movies). I knew I shouldn't have gone to see another movie about Wolverine, but I had nothing better to do. I respect trying to be less about specatle and more about character development, but again, it's another Wolverine movie, and I could not bring myself to give a rats ass about any other character. 

TacticaI

Marvel doesn't own the rights, FOX does. Like how Sony owns the rights to Spider Man.

tdavis20050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tdavis20050
Member since 2005 • 354 Posts

Loved it until the end.  The two parts at the end that REALLY pissed me off were [spoiler] when they somehow broke adamantium and they were stealing his mutant powers.  Stupid.  [/spoiler]

Chutebox

I agree with number two, but number one

[spoiler] The only thing that can break adamantium is adamantium.  They explain it in both movies pretty well.  Like when he was shot in the head in Origins.   [/spoiler]

Also, I enjoyed the movie, it was nice to have some character development and story.  Probably would give it a 7/10.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
I have some interest in seeing the film. But with all these mix reviews I am not sure if I will go see it in theaters.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SaintLeonidas
I have some interest in seeing the film. But with all these mix reviews I am not sure if I will go see it in theaters.Swanogt19
I'd say wait. Not that it isn't worth the price of admission, I think it is, but if you aren't sure then I'd say wait for the blu-ray, mainly because director Mangold plans to release an unrated cut. Supposed to be 10-12 minutes longer and more brutal (I honestly think it was stuff cut to keep it from being rated R because the theatrical cut was pretty close). That will probably be the definitive cut.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Thanks for the input Saint. I may go see it with a friend or if I have nothing going on at some point. Otherwise I will wait.
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]I have some interest in seeing the film. But with all these mix reviews I am not sure if I will go see it in theaters.SaintLeonidas
I'd say wait. Not that it isn't worth the price of admission, I think it is, but if you aren't sure then I'd say wait for the blu-ray, mainly because director Mangold plans to release an unrated cut. Supposed to be 10-12 minutes longer and more brutal (I honestly think it was stuff cut to keep it from being rated R because the theatrical cut was pretty close). That will probably be the definitive cut.

I haven't seen it yet (going on Wednesday), but I am so glad to hear this.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

You wasted your money by not staying? The credits were definitely worth the ticket price. Either way I enjoyed the movie but I didn't enjoy someone who kept popping up. That part was stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts
I was mesmerized by how huge Huge Jackman has gotten. I didn't think it was possible for him to get any bigger than he was in Origins, but this movie has proved me wrong. On-Topic: I had a good time with the movie. It was a lot of fun.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

tdavis20050

[spoiler] The only thing that can break adamantium is adamantium.  They explain it in both movies pretty well.  Like when he was shot in the head in Origins.   [/spoiler]

Also, I enjoyed the movie, it was nice to have some character development and story.  Probably would give it a 7/10.

[spoiler] Ya, and that pissed me off too. Unless I'm missing something in the comics, adamantium just can't be broken. [/spoiler]

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Initially didn't plan on seeing it in theaters. But Best Buy had a sale on the X-Men blu-rays last week, and they came with movie cash for Wolverine. So I'll go see it this weekend. 

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ugalde-

You wasted your money by not staying? The credits were definitely worth the ticket price. Either way I enjoyed the movie but I didn't enjoy someone who kept popping up. That part was stupid.

lowkey254
Got my money back.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SaintLeonidas

[QUOTE="tdavis20050"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Chutebox

[spoiler] Ya, and that pissed me off too. Unless I'm missing something in the comics, adamantium just can't be broken. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Adamantium has been broken in the comics, and considering in this film it was a heated higher volume of Adamantium that cut the claws then it isn't that unbelievae...especially considering it is fiction. [/spoiler]
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="tdavis20050"]

SaintLeonidas

[spoiler] Adamantium has been broken in the comics, and considering in this film it was a heated higher volume of Adamantium that cut the claws then it isn't that unbelievae...especially considering it is fiction. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Why didn't Wolverine break the samurai swords with his adamantium claws? [/spoiler]
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SaintLeonidas
I was mesmerized by how huge Huge Jackman has gotten. I didn't think it was possible for him to get any bigger than he was in Origins, but this movie has proved me wrong. On-Topic: I had a good time with the movie. It was a lot of fun.PonchoTaco
The crazy thing is he had previously done Les Miserables in which he was sickly thin at times. He apparently called The Rock for workout tips :lol:
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] [spoiler] Ya, and that pissed me off too. Unless I'm missing something in the comics, adamantium just can't be broken. [/spoiler] PonchoTaco

[spoiler] Why didn't Wolverine break the samurai swords with his adamantium claws? [/spoiler]

[spoiler] When fighting Yashida's son? For the same reason any action sequence is drawn out, for suspense. His intention wasn't to kill him, and his strikes were deflecting the sword more than anything. I am sure if he wanted that fight to end earlier it would have. But it would be hard to enjoy any action film if the hero ended each fight a la Indiana Jones. [/spoiler]
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="tdavis20050"]

SaintLeonidas

[spoiler] Really?  It's fiction?  Thanks for the update.  Point was, in the comics, true adamantium, the adamantium in Wolverine's bones, can't be broken. [/spoiler]

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#28 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Its just okay. Its better than that last one, which was awful, but its still pretty formulaic. I was disappointed with the mortality stuff.
EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts

Much better than the last, but still, cutting 12 minutes including a fight scene involving Ninja to secure a PG-13 rating so little Timmy could go see it infuriates me.

Origin is a 2/10, this one is a 6/10. 

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chutebox

Much better than the last, but still, cutting 12 minutes including a fight scene involving Ninja to secure a PG-13 rating so little Timmy could go see it infuriates me.

Origin is a 2/10, this one is a 6/10. 

EatShanna
Ya, I can't wait for the BD release.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

not interested in the movie.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Very different .... and best of all xmen ...... don't leave cinema after end credit .... (typical marvel movie)
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
Movie tickets are too expensive for me to bother. I watched Pacific Rim with a friend yesterday and enjoyed it, but didn't enjoy X-Men Origins: Wolverine at all. Completely stupid movie.