New [reboot] Fantastic 4 Teaser Trailer is here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

I didn't expected the new F4 to be release this summer but after looking at this trailer, not bad but I'll probably wait for the reviews on this one and The Silver Surfer was alright, not best F4 movie so hope this reboot is worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I'm a bit sick of origin stories. They fly into space and become superheroes and Dr. Doom is evil. We get it.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

I'm not feeling it--it seems like every other comic book movie has to be bleak and somber now. It's like it's trying its best NOT to look like a comic book movie.

If this is supposed to whet my appetite for this movie, it hasn't worked. Not a good teaser at all. One more thing--I don't think even Fox has any faith in this movie...if it did, it wouldn't be opening in August.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Storm_Marine said:

I'm a bit sick of origin stories. They fly into space and become superheroes and Dr. Doom is evil. We get it.

They're supposed to be in space? It doesn't even look like they left earth at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265

@hallenbeck77 said:

@Storm_Marine said:

They're supposed to be in space? It doesn't even look like they left earth at all.

Eh, the suits at 1:13. I don't know. Either way. Boring.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265

@hallenbeck77 said:

@Storm_Marine said:

The suits at 1:13. Eh maybe not, I don't know. Either way. Boring.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-598fc45371265

Wikipedia says they transport themselves into an alternate universe and get the powers there.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Never figured folks' fascination with fantastic four.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I'll watch it. Not in the theatre, but I'll watch it.

@hallenbeck77 said:

I'm not feeling it--it seems like every other comic book movie has to be bleak and somber now. It's like it's trying its best NOT to look like a comic book movie.

If this is supposed to whet my appetite for this movie, it hasn't worked. Not a good teaser at all. One more thing--I don't think even Fox has any faith in this movie...if it did, it wouldn't be opening in August.

What's the problem with August? As a teenager the vast majorities of my trips to the movies were during August. Is it different in the US?

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Storm_Marine said:

Wikipedia says they transport themselves into an alternate universe and get the powers there.

Hmm. I don't even have the effort to dislike the thing--I'm just indifferent to the whole movie so far, which is probably worse. It just seems like Fox made a slapdash effort in order to keep the film rights from going back to Marvel.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@hallenbeck77: Agree. I remember the biggest beef with the reboot was the whole Johnny Storm being black and after looking at this tease, I'm not sure if I'll go see this. I'm more interesting in watching Ant-Man and the new Avengers then this F4.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

For some reason, I get a feeling of mehness from this trailer. But I shouldn't judge the movie based on a teaser trailer. Maybe it'll turn out alright.

I certainly don't like that the protagonists are so young. Previous cast felt right to me as fantastic four - can't say the same about this bunch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-598fc45371265

I'm more hyped for Fifty Shades of Grey honestly.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@korvus: The prime slots for summer movies are from May to July, where the major studios place their heavy hitters. They are the best months to open because school is out, and you can gey a LOT more of the younger audience. August is where some movies go because they don't either have the room to release it earlier, or they just want to quietly put out a movie for whatever reason, and I think that's the case here. Does it mean it's a bad thing? Not really--just look at Guardians of the Galaxy--it was an August release and did insane at the box office. However, it also had some buzz about the movie as well. There's been very little hype for this version of FF prior to this teaser, and so far, I doubt this is going to build any excitement for this movie.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@davillain-: I remember people being upset at the announcement that they were changing the race of one of the characters. For me, the race of the character isn't even an issue...I just want a movie that looks interesting at the very least, and so far, it's not happening for me.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@hallenbeck77: Makes sense. To me, August was always the "off from school" month so it would have made sense to release it then if it was the same in the US. Thanks for the clarification.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

@korvus: As Hallenbeck77 mention this, The major movie studios release there heavyweight movies (mostly superheros) from May-July only because school is out and the studios want to get everyone into theaters for insane cash while parents will take there kids to go see a superhero movie. Considering this is a reboot Fantastic 4 and it's being release in August, I don't expect to be the number one movie and no one ask for a reboot to begin with.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

lmao already rebooting the franchise lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@davillain-: Yeah, I understand. I just wasn't aware that the months off school for you guys were different from ours. Thanks =)

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@davillain- said:

@korvus: As Hallenbeck77 mention this, The major movie studios release there heavyweight movies (mostly superheros) from May-July only because school is out and the studios want to get everyone into theaters for insane cash while parents will take there kids to go see a superhero movie. Considering this is a reboot Fantastic 4 and it's being release in August, I don't expect to be the number one movie and no one ask for a reboot to begin with.

The demand for a reboot may not have been that high, but Fox knew that if they didn't eventually make one the rights to the Fantastic Four would have reverted back to Marvel.

Personally, I would rather that Marvel does eventually get the movie rights back to their films so they don't have to skirt around things (removing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's mutant origins, for example), but when there is money to be made studios like Fox and Columbia will do what they have to do.

I guess that's not a problem with DC since all of the movies related to their comics are released under the Warner Bros. banner.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

You know what? **** this licensing bullshit. This is why we can't have Spider-Man in Avengers and why we can't have a good Fantastic Four movie.

Let me know when Galactus shows up and maybe I'll care.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265

@foxhound_fox said:

You know what? **** this licensing bullshit. This is why we can't have Spider-Man in Avengers and why we can't have a good Fantastic Four movie.

Were you not satisfied enough by Rise of the Silver Surfer's Galactus?

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Though I have very little hope that this film will be even passably entertaining, the last I heard the plan was for the FF to go exploring into the Negative Zone which hopefully means Annihilus (of whom I am a large fan) even though their horrible, horrible, concept of Dr. Doom is in this as well.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Were you not satisfied enough by Rise of the Silver Surfer's Galactus?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

What an awful trailer. It looks like a ripoff from a Chris Nolan trailer, and completely missing the tone of Fantastic Four. Also.. why are they using the music from Broadchurch? 0_o

Daxymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Daxymn
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Looks very...eh.

I'll probably still see it. :|

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

thats my reaction to all these super hero movies.

Spiderman, Superman, Green Whatever, Captain Murca, Xmen, Transformers, IronMan, Hulk, Thor, Marvel, DC, Avengers, etc. all those bullshit lame and ultra generic Super Hero movies.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#29 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

@korvus: The prime slots for summer movies are from May to July, where the major studios place their heavy hitters. They are the best months to open because school is out, and you can gey a LOT more of the younger audience. August is where some movies go because they don't either have the room to release it earlier, or they just want to quietly put out a movie for whatever reason, and I think that's the case here. Does it mean it's a bad thing? Not really--just look at Guardians of the Galaxy--it was an August release and did insane at the box office. However, it also had some buzz about the movie as well. There's been very little hype for this version of FF prior to this teaser, and so far, I doubt this is going to build any excitement for this movie.

Guardians of the Galaxy was an August movie. This year, you have Avengers in May and Ant-Man in July. August is a good slot for FF.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Not a good teaser, eh, needs more to even get me slightly interested in it.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Teaser wholly narrated, I don't know about that. That aside, I'm interested.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@JustPlainLucas said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

Guardians of the Galaxy was an August movie. This year, you have Avengers in May and Ant-Man in July. August is a good slot for FF.

I mentioned that Guardians was released in August. And one of the reasons Guardians did well was because people were well aware of the buzz around it prior to its release, even if they weren't familiar with the characters or the comic it was based on--"Marvel's Big Gamble", "Will this be their first bomb?", things like that.

This version of FF finished production in August 2014. Until this trailer came out today (or yesterday, depending on where you live), there's been absolutely NO type of prior promotion for this by the studio--not even a teaser poster. That's not a good sign. They could have opened this in June (They have a Melissa McCarthy movie in May, and their remake of Poltergeist in July, both prime slots), instead, they're using that slot for opening a romantic movie with unknown actors. If they had any faith of this film being a hit, they would have taken the June slot. I think the only reason they made this is to keep the film right from going back to Marvel, plain and simple. Unless it's an X-Men film, I don't see Fox going out of their way to promote this the same way they would that.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#33  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

I mentioned that Guardians was released in August. And one of the reasons Guardians did well was because people were well aware of the buzz around it prior to its release, even if they weren't familiar with the characters or the comic it was based on--"Marvel's Big Gamble", "Will this be their first bomb?", things like that.

This version of FF finished production in August 2014. Until this trailer came out today (or yesterday, depending on where you live), there's been absolutely NO type of prior promotion for this by the studio--not even a teaser poster. That's not a good sign. They could have opened this in June (They have a Melissa McCarthy movie in May, and their remake of Poltergeist in July, both prime slots), instead, they're using that slot for opening a romantic movie with unknown actors. If they had any faith of this film being a hit, they would have taken the June slot. I think the only reason they made this is to keep the film right from going back to Marvel, plain and simple. Unless it's an X-Men film, I don't see Fox going out of their way to promote this the same way they would that.

Sorry, skimmed right over that.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

I wish. I heard they have done away with the cosmic-rays and space travel for something else. I don't mind taking some liberties like combining Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo into one character (actually I kind of do) but taking the space travel and cosmic rays out of Fantastic Four's origin is laaaaaaaaaame.

No cosmic rays equals no eyeballs on this release. It's been a while since I liked one of these superhero movies though so perhaps I am no longer the market.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265

This is from Wikipedia, hopefully it's inaccurate.

Toby Kebbell as Victor Domashev / Doom:

An anti-social programmer known as "Doom" online.

First The Mandarin was ruined and now this. I suppose Dr. Doom as a dictator, sorcerer, and evil scientist would be too much fun, gotta make him some random nerd.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I enjoyed FF 1 and 2, will watch FF 3 as well :)

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

So sick of super hero movies...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Basically a bunch of marketing dickheads have sat around a table and said "let's make it like Christopher Nolan's movies"

Because dark, melancholic brooding is what you think of in a comic book with stretch Armstrong.

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
BabyPulpFiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 BabyPulpFiction
Member since 2013 • 246 Posts

All of the Fantastic Four movies suck. Yawn.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: I think it's a case of Fox taking a look at the final product and realizing they may have a dud on their hands. They probably spent a modest amount of money on this (modest by summer blockbuster standards, anyway) and need to make back some of the costs. They wait for the other studios to fire off their big releases, slip this in around the tail end of the summer, and pray that they make back SOME money, instead of releasing it in June and watch it get buried by the competition.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

Basically a bunch of marketing dickheads have sat around a table and said "let's make it like Christopher Nolan's movies"

Because dark, melancholic brooding is what you think of in a comic book with stretch Armstrong.

Funny you should say that about the dark brooding thing. In 2004 or so, I was shocked to learn that the comics I grew up with are considered the "bronze age" of comics. While that is not an insult in and of itself, I always thought those were some of the best comics. (Alpha Flight, Logan, Secret War, Frank Miller) but only because I was less familiar with the "gold" and "silver" ages.

One of the complaints some have about late 70s and early 80s comics is that they were so often dark and brooding. I had even heard that Lobo was actually created so comics can laugh at themselves at how dark things were getting.

Didn't Lobo shoot his own dog all the time? He was "killing Kenny" before Matt and Tre were killing Kenny. On a side note, I found a very, very adult animation series featuring Lobo where he and a villain with a smiley-face head have a contest to see who can sleep with the most women. Very adult and non-politically correct indeed. (I recommend watching some episodes if you can find them.)

After reading "X-Men vs. Fantastic Four" recently and "Age of Apocalypse", I can see where the brooding bronze age was going waaaaay overboard. "Age of Apocalypse" (not to be confused with Days of Future Past) is pompous, bombastic, wordy as sh*t and booooooooooooooring. As for "X-Men vs. FF", I still have a headache from all the dark brooding going on.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

You what really sucks about this movie? Due to it being made, any chance of Dr. Doom being added to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and maybe showing up in an Avengers movie have pretty much gone out the window.

Do people even care about the Fantastic 4? At this point, their villians are more well-know and popular then they are.

Smallville0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Smallville0608
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

Huge FF fan. I expect it to be well done considering they are well aware the first 2 were underwhelming, hence the reboot...

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@caryslan2 said:

You what really sucks about this movie? Due to it being made, any chance of Dr. Doom being added to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and maybe showing up in an Avengers movie have pretty much gone out the window.

Do people even care about the Fantastic 4? At this point, their villians are more well-know and popular then they are.

Not sure--even Marvel is cancelling the book later this year.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@smallville0608 said:

Huge FF fan. I expect it to be well done considering they are well aware the first 2 were underwhelming, hence the reboot...

I hope it's a good movie for you. I think they're just doing this to keep the film rights in house as opposed to making a proper movie for the fans. They already lost out on Daredevil because they couldn't figure out what they wanted to do for that franchise, and they don't want to risk losing another franchise back to Marvel.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I think Fox and Sony just don't know what to do with these Marvel characters they have rights to, which is pretty sad for fans. They seem to stray away from the comics and make stuff up and it really disappoints. I just want these movies to be good and hopefully one day these Marvel characters could be in each other's movies, better yet have an epic movie where they're all together like how it could be in the comics.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#47 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

They dont leave earth there it seems, it looks like some kind of experiment on earth.

But im with you, i dont feel this movie and it has that Nolan dark feel to it and i am sick and tired of superhero movies like that.

But at least Deadpool is coming also which has all the good superhero elements.