New gamespot sports talk thread, Wastes only

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

So, I messaged the creator of the site about losing the board. Here's what @edgework wrote:

That sucks man but I just build the site. I don't decide what's on it. I will bring this up to the people who do and I will ask the guy who built them if he knows. I don't really know much about the forums.

A.K.A. - Not my problem, **** off.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#52 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

@Bobbles said:

@Chutebox said:

I don't want to talk about sports in freaking OT.

And A's going to go out the same way the did last year. Damnit.

Still early friend, but you're right.. it does look like last year. ****!

Could be worse. At least your team hasn't gone out the same way over its last seven post-season appearances. Freaking seven.

And, my freaking goodness, how far we have fallen. Talking sports on OT. I remember a college football thread on here a couple years ago where a guy called the SEC overrated. Then a bunch of waste bags got on here and started arguing about how the "Securities and Exchange Commission" couldn't possibly be overrated. That is the ground on which we now tread.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53  Edited By The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

He replied with a massive list of urls that have the word sport in them. I did a quick Ctrl+F to try to find it and couldn't. I asked him if he could see about bringing it back. Maybe someone can message Lark or Synthia?

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 The-Apostle

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The-Apostle said:

So, I messaged the creator of the site about losing the board. Here's what @edgework wrote:

That sucks man but I just build the site. I don't decide what's on it. I will bring this up to the people who do and I will ask the guy who built them if he knows. I don't really know much about the forums.

I don't see you trying to solve the problem...

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The-Apostle said:

He was translating BS talk for you. The awful creator of the site doesn't give a **** if the sports forums are gone.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Hmm....The Pirates over achieved this year....the Steelers suck this year.....no basketball in the 'burgh....but we have the Pens. Go Pens. Off to a great start. I think that wraps it up....oh yeah...I think we have a soccer team as well but I haven't followed them.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 The-Apostle

@Bobbles said:

@The-Apostle said:

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The-Apostle said:

He was translating BS talk for you. The awful creator of the site doesn't give a **** if the sports forums are gone.

I know he doesn't. But I asked him to look into it and he said he would. I'd like to see someone else trying to bring it back (not including and DaJuicyMan or monkeytoes in that statement, they made these topics). I feel like the mods and admins are ignoring our topics.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#58 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

This blows, but at least we all found our way here. This thread has been up for hours, and I have seen maybe one post from someone that didn't post on our board previously. People will see the awful things we say, then never click on the thread again. It's not ideal, but it will do until GS gives us a board.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The-Apostle

@monkeytoes61 said:

This blows, but at least we all found our way here. This thread has been up for hours, and I have seen maybe one post from someone that didn't post on our board previously. People will see the awful things we say, then never click on the thread again. It's not ideal, but it will do until GS gives us a board.

This. Hopefully my talking to the dev will help get our board back. I don't know but I had to try.

EDIT: If he says it's not going to happen I might have no choice but to find a game forum that will allow me to talk sports one one board or games on another.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Thought I'd never see you wastes again.

Where are the Patriots fans? I've gotta let them know that Brees is 3-0 against Brady

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GamerForca

@monkeytoes61 said:

True. And here I was worrying that this would inexplicably turn into a religion thread.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 The-Apostle

@GamerForca said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

True. And here I was worrying that this would inexplicably turn into a religion thread.

Personally, I'm glad we're pretty much the only ones posting in this topic. Still, I'm waiting to hear back from the dev as to what's going to happen with the board. If nothing, I'll complain to customer service. If that still does nothing I might consider leaving. I think I've given GS plenty of opportunities to keep me as a member but at this point I really don't think they're giving me a choice as to whether or not I'm going to stay.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 monkeytoes61

@GamerForca said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

You should post more often. Your Mark Richt rans always crack me up.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Chris Bosh is dominating pre-season foes. Those scrubs from Atlanta and Detroit have no power over his velociraptor strength.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
@monkeytoes61 said:

Probably true ha

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

The downside is that since this is in OT there are mods that will actually come here and delete posts.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 The-Apostle

@JML897:

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@JML897: By Monday we'll all be suspended especially since it's Cowboys vs Redskins on Primetime.

larkanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By larkanderson
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

So uh...oops. The original sports forum wasn't intended to be removed, so I made you a new one. Sorry everyone!

You can currently find the new General Sports Discussion forum at http://www.gamespot.com/forums/general-sports-discussion-909188423/ but it will also show up on the Community door as soon as its cache clears.

I'll see if I can get your original forum threads restored, but I unfortunately can't make any promises for that.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GamerForca

@monkeytoes61 said:

@GamerForca said:

@monkeytoes61 said:

You should post more often. Your Mark Richt rans always crack me up.

I have to wait for them to lose to make a Mark Richt rant.

Actually, you probably won't have to wait very long...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@LarkAnderson said:

So uh...oops. The original sports forum wasn't intended to be removed, so I made you a new one. Sorry everyone!

You can currently find the new General Sports Discussion forum at http://www.gamespot.com/forums/general-sports-discussion-909188423/ but it will also show up on the Community door as soon as its cache clears.

I'll see if I can get your original forum threads restored, but I unfortunately can't make any promises for that.

I don't know who you are, but you've done enough. Thanks for the help, bud. We'll just start new threads, thanks again.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 monkeytoes61

@LarkAnderson said:

Bless you, sir.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

Yall hear about APs son,that pyscho needs to suffer for the rest of his life.RIP lil AP

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

@LarkAnderson said:

Appreciate it Lark!!!

@Bucked20 said:

Yall hear about APs son,that pyscho needs to suffer for the rest of his life.RIP lil AP

Yeah its absolutely disgusting.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The-Apostle said:

No... A.K.A. I'll talk to people about it... Your forum is back by the way.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 The-Apostle

@edgework said:

@Put_in_Kitna said:

@The-Apostle said:

No... A.K.A. I'll talk to people about it... Your forum is back by the way.

Thank you, good sir!

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

I hope you wastes have more faith and understanding regarding your teams and players then some of you have displayed here when it came to an unfortunate error