New Dream Theater Album Streaming for Free

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

And no this isnt one of those terrible advertising threads... well maybe.

But you can get the stream here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dream-theater-channel-prog-metal-in-dream-theater-premiere-20130916

Or if you are not in the USA I think this link will take you to a spot: http://smarturl.it/dreamtheaterpremiere

I have only listened to it once so far so I cant really form an opinion but so far it is pretty damn good. Some early reviewers have said that it takes a few listenes to fully grasp. The album for the most part gets rid of long for the sake of being long songs and endless wankery. So that gives it a more focused feel.

chapnzaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 chapnzaba
Member since 2005 • 2302 Posts
I've disliked how generic metal focused Dream Theater has gotten in recent years, but this album seems to be going in the right direction (aside from The Enemy Inside).
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
My favorite band. I got the leaked album from my usual place. Love it. Will probably listen to over and over again.
MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts
My favorite band. I got the leaked album from my usual place. Love it. Will probably listen to over and over again. YoshiYogurt
Yep. I got the leaked version to play in my car on the way to class since otherwise I would have to wait all day. There was same crazy shit on the road today on I wasn't able to pay attention too well. Second listen now and it is great.