Need help with finding a program to edit videos.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maddog281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 maddog281
Member since 2004 • 11601 Posts
Ok so last month I went to a gig to see The Berzerker. I recorded the gig on my phone. Now, the problem was I had never used the phone for recording videos so I assumed it would be the same as taking pictures (by this I mean hold the phone up right, It'll take the pic that way). That was not the case and now it's (the video) sideways as such. So does anyone know a program that can edit the videos so I can correct it?
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts
Depending on how your phone saves the file -- you can prob open it up on Windows Media Player or something similar (which usually comes with the computer) and just rotate it there.
maddog281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 maddog281
They're MPG4 files which open with QuickTime. I don't have QuickTime Pro (and have no desire to get it). I've checked every drop down bar for an option to turn it around. Nothing.
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts
You could probably fix that with Window Movie Maker. I think WMM is already installed in most computers, see if you have it.
maddog281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 maddog281
You could probably fix that with Window Movie Maker. I think WMM is already installed in most computers, see if you have it.omfg_its_dally
No good bro. I doesn't recognise it as a file. Even when I change it to open with WMP.

''The file C:\Documents and Settings\Home PC\Desktop\Live At The Crew\MOV00007.MP4 is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker.''
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 omfg_its_dally

[QUOTE="omfg_its_dally"]You could probably fix that with Window Movie Maker. I think WMM is already installed in most computers, see if you have it.maddog281
No good bro. I doesn't recognise it as a file. Even when I change it to open with WMP.

''The file C:Documents and SettingsHome PCDesktopLive At The CrewMOV00007.MP4 is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker.''

Hmm. Thats odd. You could try a different conversion software maybe.

maddog281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 maddog281

[QUOTE="maddog281"][QUOTE="omfg_its_dally"]You could probably fix that with Window Movie Maker. I think WMM is already installed in most computers, see if you have it.omfg_its_dally

''The file C:Documents and SettingsHome PCDesktopLive At The CrewMOV00007.MP4 is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker.''

This is what I'm asking man I'm new in all this kind of stuff. Editing videos and all that. could you recommend me a program that would maybe do this?
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 omfg_its_dally
[QUOTE="omfg_its_dally"]

[QUOTE="maddog281"][QUOTE="omfg_its_dally"]You could probably fix that with Window Movie Maker. I think WMM is already installed in most computers, see if you have it.maddog281

This is what I'm asking man I'm new in all this kind of stuff. Editing videos and all that. could you recommend me a program that would maybe do this?

Sorry, man. I'm just as much a noob at that as you are.

maddog281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 maddog281
[QUOTE="maddog281"][QUOTE="omfg_its_dally"]

[QUOTE="maddog281"][QUOTE="omfg_its_dally"]You could probably fix that with Window Movie Maker. I think WMM is already installed in most computers, see if you have it.omfg_its_dally

Sorry, man. I'm just as much a noob at that as you are.

lol It's cool bro. Don't worry about it.

Anyone else know of any programs?
Private_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Private_Adam
Member since 2005 • 9864 Posts
I have Sony Vegas 8 pro and it's a really good video editing program.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Adobe Premiere Pro, I know for a fact recognizes quicktime files, so I'd suggest trying that.
maddog281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 maddog281
Can that rotate the videos? If so can it also do it with the free version?