Need help from someone who can edit photo please.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

Hey guys I have been on here for a long time. I've come here before for editing help and it worked out great. So I figured I'd try it again because I really have no where else to go at this point.

I was just wondering if anyone has any photo editing skills. A friend of mine offered to do a photo shoot of me because he wanted a Male picture for his flyer and he thought a Local Rap Artist would be perfect.

I had him shoot some shot for my upcoming Mixtape cover and they came out great. Unfortunately I'm not too convinced of his editing skills.

If anyone here could help with making a Mixtape cover I would really appreciate it.

Basically I want the Title to be:

"Royal Conference"

I also want my artist name on the cover:

"Bry"

I kind of want a Fancy font but not so Fancy that it is unreadable. I definitely want the Font to stay in the Colors of "White/Gray/Black".

Any help would be really appreciated.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

i'm gonna' level with ya and say it like it is bro

that photo is not gonna' do you any favors

as someone who has been into the hip hop culture both musically (since 36th chambers) and visually (former graffiti artist) for the past 20 years, i would honestly think low of an album if i saw the album sporting a cover with a dude acting all deep and shit like you're doing

you need it to be gutter ("real"/portraying the reality referenced by the music) as ****, while maintaining a deeply personal appeal (wayne's edited childhood photo is an example of a visual stroke of genius), unless you're doing the player-balla thing music-wise, in which case you can afford to sit behind a table and look cool (like a cam'ron cover)

now, lastly, i could perhaps help edit the photo, but i'm pointing these things out first because it seems like a waste of time when i genuinely don't believe in the material that's up for editing

i would recommend putting on the thinking hat, especially since you're not a black or arab dude

non-black/non-arabs needs to work double in this business in order to appear genuine, just how it is sadly

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

I hope you like this art :D

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

@BiancaDK said:

as someone who has been into the hip hop culture both musically (since 36th chambers) and visually (former graffiti artist) for the past 20 years, i would honestly think low of an album if i saw the album sporting a cover with a dude acting all deep and shit like you're doing

you need it to be gutter ("real"/portraying the reality referenced by the music) as ****, while maintaining a deeply personal appeal (wayne's edited childhood photo is an example of a visual stroke of genius), unless you're doing the player-balla thing music-wise, in which case you can afford to sit behind a table and look cool (like a cam'ron cover)

now, lastly, i could perhaps help edit the photo, but i'm pointing these things out first because it seems like a waste of time when i genuinely don't believe in the material that's up for editing

i would recommend putting on the thinking hat, especially since you're not a black or arab dude

non-black/non-arabs needs to work double in this business in order to appear genuine, just how it is sadly

Thanks for the genuine response man. I am going to PM you the details and the idea behind the cover/Mixtape/Myself.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BiancaDK

@Ugalde-:

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1300 Posts

Thats actually a pretty good cover good job BiancaDK, only thing is it looks more like a cover for an R&B Album and not a Rap album. I think its the clothes, thats not gutter outfit at all. Your wearing a tie for christ sakes

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BiancaDK

@gamespot4life: agreed, it does indeed look a lot more like an r&b cover, now that you bring it up

it's his preference in attire though, not a whole lot i can do to work around it except crop it out maybe

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@BiancaDK said:

Thanks for reminding me why I fucking loathe hip hop culture.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BiancaDK

@MrGeezer: lol ^,^