NCAA Player Suffer Serious Injury.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -

Mod edit: Click if you dare. Very gruesome. 

[spoiler]  [/spoiler] that had to hurt. Louisville guard Kevin Ware suffered a gruesome compound fracture in the first half of the Cardinals' Midwest regional final against Duke on Sunday.Kevin Ware looks to pass against Duke before the accident. Ware rushed out to challenge a 3-point shot by Duke's Tyler Thornton and appeared to land awkwardly. When laying on the court, the tibia bone in his right leg appeared to be protruding from the skin. The game was stopped for a prolonged period of time and a pall fell over Lucas Oil Stadium. Louisville's players reacted with anguish. Chane Behanan fell to the floor sobbing. Russ Smith was crying heavily. Coach Rick Pitino was wiping tears from his face. Ware asked to speak to his teammates and Pitino called them over. Then he was taken off the court on a stretcher and sent by ambulance to Methodist Hospital, which is two miles from the stadium. Louisville associate athletic director Kenny Klein said Ware's pain is under control and he will likely have surgery tonight.

#2 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
He could be back on the court as soon as three months from now.
#3 Posted by GamingVengeance (1854 posts) -
Shit that looked painful
#4 Posted by munkeypoo45 (3220 posts) -

wow, that's very unfortunate. i hope he recovers well.

#5 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Love March Madness. My bracket I filled out for work is the worst I have done in years.

#6 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Love March Madness. My bracket I filled out for work is the worst I have done in years.

timbers_WSU

My dad picked no teams correctly for the final four. Pretty funny.

#7 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1749 posts) -
welp, i'm never jumping again
#8 Posted by sonicare (53458 posts) -

That's just gruesome.

#9 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

Holy shit on a shit sandwich..............

#10 Posted by ferrari2001 (16874 posts) -
Yea that looked incredible painful. They say he could be back in a year or so but I doubt he'll ever play again, at least not to the level he plays now. At most he has one more year of college b-ball left.
#11 Posted by roulettethedog (10965 posts) -

I saw that play live and it was gruesome to say the least. His coach said he had a bone sticking out of his leg. OWWWWWIEE.:cry:

#12 Posted by Flubbbs (3053 posts) -

He could be back on the court as soon as three months from now. -Tish-

yea right

#13 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Tish-"]He could be back on the court as soon as three months from now. Flubbbs

yea right

...If everything goes perfectly, according to the surgeon who's working on his leg. But yeah, I wouldn't count on it.
#14 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
Yea that looked incredible painful. They say he could be back in a year or so but I doubt he'll ever play again, at least not to the level he plays now. At most he has one more year of college b-ball left. ferrari2001
Yeah the thing is that he wasn't a huge star even before this injury. He may be able to heal pretty well in a few months, but if he tries playing basketball again I think the mental part of it will just drag him down. He'll (justifiably) be terrified to jump.
#15 Posted by Pittfan666 (8532 posts) -
Sort of the elevated courts fault, which IMO is a dumb idea to begin with. Felt like he was probably close to the edge and turned to counteract that. Anyway expecting Louisville to go all the way here.
#16 Posted by MacBoomStick (1948 posts) -

I am never going to run or jump or even walk again in my life.

#17 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Yeah, I saw that happen live.  It was pretty gruesome.

#18 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I cringed multiple times watching that.

Warning: gruesome picture of injury in spoiler

[spoiler]

6gWpoez.jpg

[/spoiler]

#19 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

[spoiler]

6gWpoez.jpg

[/spoiler]

Vari3ty

That's fucked up..............

#20 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

I should not have clicked that.  Also be warned guys, that when you quote, the image shows up.

#21 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

Well, at least it doesn't look like their was any knee damage. Horrifly painful and gruesome looking as it was, I don't think leg injuries like that are the hardess thing to recover from if he gets proper treatment. Joint injuries can be so devatating career wise. Good luck to him.

#22 Posted by bobbetybob (19249 posts) -

It was a long jump but damn it's crazy how his leg just straight up snapped like that. I saw the video from multiple angles and couldn't figure out why everyone on the bench shuffled back in shock the way they did but having seen that photo...yeah now it makes sense.

EDIT: I know it's an awful injury but the reaction from the bench is comedy gold.

#23 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -
 bobbetybob
LOL!!!!
#24 Posted by dissonantblack (34002 posts) -

wow. Good thing i'm not squeamish. That's pretty painful to watch. Hope he makes it back to the game ok. 

#25 Posted by Wasdie (49745 posts) -

Holy crap that looks painful.

#26 Posted by Slow_Show (2153 posts) -

Yeah the thing is that he wasn't a huge star even before this injury. He may be able to heal pretty well in a few months, but if he tries playing basketball again I think the mental part of it will just drag him down. He'll (justifiably) be terrified to jump.JML897

Eh, I'm sure he'll have some second thoughts his first practice or two, but it's such a freak, getting struck-by-lightning-while-winning-the-lottery injury (and on top of that the one type of injury where you come out the other side less likely to reinjure) that it should be pretty easy to get over. Considering the sh*t I've seen people put out of mind just for rec league type games, I'm sure a college player can get through something like this.

#27 Posted by Wasdie (49745 posts) -

I wrapped the gif in spoiler tags and warned people a bit. It's rather gruesome. 

#28 Posted by Ronstera (6110 posts) -
Damn, I feel bad for the guy.. I couldn't even look at the video directly..
#29 Posted by Zlurodirom (728 posts) -

Looks like he has an extra joint there. Must have snapped that fibula as well. He's not coming back for a year, hopefully it doesn't get infected, that's one of the bigger worries with compound fractures.

#30 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3817 posts) -

damn, don't know how that happens.

Hope he's ok.

#31 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

How did that even happen? Shouldn't his bones have been built up over years of jumping like that? Could he have had a hairline fracture before that or something?

#32 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -

[spoiler]

6gWpoez.jpg

[/spoiler]

Vari3ty
damn, that is gruesome.
#33 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Saw the video from a classmate this morning.
#34 Posted by wis3boi (31289 posts) -

I will never tell someone to "break a leg" ever again

#35 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -

wis3boi
me either. though this site should "break a leg."
#36 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Wow that is absolutely awful. I can't imagine the pain he went through. 

#37 Posted by Commander-Gree (4929 posts) -
Ugh, I saw a closeup picture of the injury earlier today. I don't think I ever want to jump again for fear of that happening.
#38 Posted by dave123321 (33980 posts) -
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

jediknight52501
me either. though this site should "break a leg."

What happened?
#39 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]Yeah the thing is that he wasn't a huge star even before this injury. He may be able to heal pretty well in a few months, but if he tries playing basketball again I think the mental part of it will just drag him down. He'll (justifiably) be terrified to jump.Slow_Show

Eh, I'm sure he'll have some second thoughts his first practice or two, but it's such a freak, getting struck-by-lightning-while-winning-the-lottery injury (and on top of that the one type of injury where you come out the other side less likely to reinjure) that it should be pretty easy to get over. Considering the sh*t I've seen people put out of mind just for rec league type games, I'm sure a college player can get through something like this.

idk, maybe I would just think that it'd last for a while since I live near Chicago and there's been constant coverage of Derrick Rose trying to come back. After tearing his ACL last year he was cleared to play at least a month ago but he won't because he's uneasy about the whole thing

#40 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
Thats still brutal every time i see it. What sucks more is i have louisvill going all the way on my bracket at work lol. There goes my 100 dollar gift card...
#41 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

It was a long jump but damn it's crazy how his leg just straight up snapped like that. I saw the video from multiple angles and couldn't figure out why everyone on the bench shuffled back in shock the way they did but having seen that photo...yeah now it makes sense.

EDIT: I know it's an awful injury but the reaction from the bench is comedy gold.

bobbetybob
When io first saw the video That made me laugh also
#42 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -

Thats still brutal every time i see it. What sucks more is i have louisvill going all the way on my bracket at work lol. There goes my 100 dollar gift card...k2theswiss

He's not a very important player on the team. When the injury happened it was a one point game and then after that they went on to crush Duke.

March Madness is crazy but Louisville is still the best team of the four that are left.

#43 Posted by heeweesRus (5609 posts) -

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]Thats still brutal every time i see it. What sucks more is i have louisvill going all the way on my bracket at work lol. There goes my 100 dollar gift card...JML897

He's not a very important player on the team. When the injury happened it was a one point game and then after that they went on to crush Duke.

March Madness is crazy but Louisville is still the best team of the four that are left.

My Shockers will pull off the upset

nh6sej6evfeirhzenm78raxhj.gif

#44 Posted by lamprey263 (23501 posts) -
it's hard enough to find a video that does the injury justice, BUT HERE'S ONE, TC you should put this one in the original post you can see bone