NBCs Deal or No Deal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts
im black skin btw :D
they shouldnt let black people play NBCs Deal or No Deal .. unless they want to see themself broke.
everytime i see a black person on that show they always leave with 400k+ lol.
videokidandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 videokidandrew
Member since 2005 • 4000 Posts
I have seen black people leave with nothing before.
g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
haha, random fact, the host is OCD, thats why he never shakes hands, always the fist pound
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
I can't get into that show.
-OpaK-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -OpaK-
Member since 2006 • 2728 Posts
haha, random fact, the host is OCD, thats why he never shakes hands, always the fist poundg-unit248

whats OCD?
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
[QUOTE="g-unit248"]haha, random fact, the host is OCD, thats why he never shakes hands, always the fist pound-OpaK-

whats OCD?

Obsessive compulsive disorder. Well either way, that guy looks like a goat.
Lemon-Demon35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lemon-Demon35
Member since 2006 • 5792 Posts
[QUOTE="g-unit248"]haha, random fact, the host is OCD, thats why he never shakes hands, always the fist pound-OpaK-

whats OCD?

Obsessive Compulsion disorder
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts

whats OCD?

obsessive compulsive disorder. Apparently he cleans his ahnds dozens of times a day and never feels clean and avoids touching others
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
[QUOTE="-OpaK-"][QUOTE="g-unit248"]haha, random fact, the host is OCD, thats why he never shakes hands, always the fist poundLemon-Demon35

whats OCD?

[QUOTE="-OpaK-"][QUOTE="g-unit248"]haha, random fact, the host is OCD, thats why he never shakes hands, always the fist poundfreshgman

whats OCD?

obsessive compulsive disorder

Beat ya to it :twisted: :P
Lemon-Demon35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lemon-Demon35
Member since 2006 • 5792 Posts
[QUOTE="Lemon-Demon35"][QUOTE="-OpaK-"][QUOTE="g-unit248"]haha, random fact, the host is OCD, thats why he never shakes hands, always the fist poundSim_genius

whats OCD?

[QUOTE="-OpaK-"][QUOTE="g-unit248"]haha, random fact, the host is OCD, thats why he never shakes hands, always the fist poundfreshgman

whats OCD?

By a second :roll:
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
[QUOTE="Sim_genius"][QUOTE="Lemon-Demon35"][QUOTE="-OpaK-"][QUOTE="g-unit248"]haha, random fact, the host is OCD, thats why he never shakes hands, always the fist poundLemon-Demon35

whats OCD?

whats OCD?

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh that ruined my day
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

I've yet to see that show.  How's it played,  anyway? You gotta answer questions or something? :|

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts
You do realize that the game is based on pure chance, right?  It's just glorified gambling, and thus no race has an advantage over any other race.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
the girls are hot
JamesEFresH17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JamesEFresH17
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgasOxPaZJE
lol not 400,000
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pianist

I've yet to see that show. How's it played, anyway? You gotta answer questions or something? :|

Hallenbeck77

No, that would require skill or knowledge.  Can't have that.  This game is nothing but gambling.  You pick one case, then go about eliminating the remaining cases with uninformed guessing.  If you're lucky, the cases you pick have low dollar values.  If you're unlucky, they have high dollar values.  After picking a few cases you get a call from the 'banker' who offers you an amount based on what cases are left in play.  You can take it or continue on to the next round, where you just repeat the process.  If you take it all the way to the end, you're left with just one case in the field and the case you picked at the beginning, and you have to choose which one contains the larger amount.  Again, there's nothing but pure chance to dictate that.

Of all the game shows I've seen, this requires the least skill of all.  Not a single attribute it put to the test, except perhaps your willingness to gamble.
beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts
You do realize that the game is based on pure chance, right? It's just glorified gambling, and thus no race has an advantage over any other race.pianist
i know but black people got too much luck on that show :D. out of all the ones i seen they always won 400k+.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pianist
the girls are hot poopinloop32

It's the only way they can get anyone to watch the show.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

I've yet to see that show. How's it played, anyway? You gotta answer questions or something? :|

pianist

No, that would require skill or knowledge.  Can't have that.  This game is nothing but gambling.  You pick one case, then go about eliminating the remaining cases with uninformed guessing.  If you're lucky, the cases you pick have low dollar values.  If you're unlucky, they have high dollar values.  After picking a few cases you get a call from the 'banker' who offers you an amount based on what cases are left in play.  You can take it or continue on to the next round, where you just repeat the process.  If you take it all the way to the end, you're left with just one case in the field and the case you picked at the beginning, and you have to choose which one contains the larger amount.  Again, there's nothing but pure chance to dictate that.

Of all the game shows I've seen, this requires the least skill of all.  Not a single attribute it put to the test, except perhaps your willingness to gamble.

Damn. At least with the Price is Right, It at least rewards your shopping skills. Figure put the actual retail price of a washing machine, and you win a car. It seems like they could rig something like this.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pianist
Damn. At least with the Price is Right, It at least rewards your shopping skills. Figure put the actual retail price of a washing machine, and you win a car. It seems like they could rig something like this.Hallenbeck77

Yep. I mean, The Price is Right isn't exactly an intellectual game show, but at the very least, there is an informed nature to the guessing. You can put your powers of deduction to the test and figure out what is logically the best estimate. You can play with psychology, asking yourself whether that figure that 'seems' right is actually right, or if it is simply a clever way of concealing the correct answer (as was so often the case with their puzzles). But with Deal or No Deal, there is no skill involved at all. You can't try to rationalize anything, because it's all totally random. The only rationalization you have to make is whether or not you should continue on to the next round, and in the end, if you continue on, it's still just a matter of luck as to whether or not you pick the low values or not.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="pianist"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

pianist

No, that would require skill or knowledge. Can't have that. This game is nothing but gambling. You pick one case, then go about eliminating the remaining cases with uninformed guessing. If you're lucky, the cases you pick have low dollar values. If you're unlucky, they have high dollar values. After picking a few cases you get a call from the 'banker' who offers you an amount based on what cases are left in play. You can take it or continue on to the next round, where you just repeat the process. If you take it all the way to the end, you're left with just one case in the field and the case you picked at the beginning, and you have to choose which one contains the larger amount. Again, there's nothing but pure chance to dictate that.

Of all the game shows I've seen, this requires the least skill of all. Not a single attribute it put to the test, except perhaps your willingness to gamble.

Damn. At least with the Price is Right, It at least rewards your shopping skills. Figure put the actual retail price of a washing machine, and you win a car. It seems like they could rig something like this.

Yep.  I mean, The Price is Right isn't actually an intellectual game show, but at the very least, there is an informed nature to the guessing.  You can put your powers of deduction to the test and figure out what is logically the best estimate.  You can play with psychology, asking yourself whether that figure that 'seems' right is actually right, or if it is simply a clever way of concealing the correct answer (as was so often the case with their puzzles).  But with Deal or No Deal, there is no skill involved at all.  You can't try to rationalize anything, because it's all totally random.  The only rationalization you have to make is whether or not you should continue on to the next round, and in the end, if you continue on, it's still just a matter of luck as to whether or not you pick the low values or not.

Whatever happened to the days when in order for you to get a buttload of money, you needed to be either intelligent or talented? Sign of the times, I guess.
OmicronPersei8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OmicronPersei8
Member since 2005 • 1546 Posts
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

pianist

Agree 100%.

Interesting to note the disturbing trend downward of 'game shows' in general. Was a time when Jeopardy was a weekly prime time show. It was eclipsed in popularity by Who Wants to be a Millionaire, which gave you 4 answer choices.

Now we have the aforementioned Deal or No Deal, which is pure luck, and a show in which grown people are challenging fifth graders in academic pursuits (and losing!!!).

I guess there is no way to go broke when one appeals to the lowest common denominator.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pianist
Agree 100%.

Interesting to note the disturbing trend downward of 'game shows' in general. Was a time when Jeopardy was a weekly prime time show. It was eclipsed in popularity by Who Wants to be a Millionaire, which gave you 4 answer choices.

Now we have the aforementioned Deal or No Deal, which is pure luck, and a show in which grown people are challenging fifth graders in academic pursuits (and losing!!!).

I guess there is no way to go broke when one appeals to the lowest common denominator. OmicronPersei8

:lol:

I haven't heard of that one... what is it called?
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="OmicronPersei8"]Agree 100%.

I guess there is no way to go broke when one appeals to the lowest common denominator. pianist

Are you smarter than a 5th grader? is the name of the show.
OmicronPersei8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OmicronPersei8
Member since 2005 • 1546 Posts
[QUOTE="pianist"][QUOTE="OmicronPersei8"]Agree 100%.

I guess there is no way to go broke when one appeals to the lowest common denominator. Hallenbeck77

Are you smarter than a 5th grader? is the name of the show.

By our fine friends at the FOX network...and hosted by Jeff Foxworthy, no less.
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts
[QUOTE="Lemon-Demon35"][QUOTE="Sim_genius"][QUOTE="Lemon-Demon35"][QUOTE="-OpaK-"][QUOTE="g-unit248"]haha, random fact, the host is OCD, thats why he never shakes hands, always the fist poundfreshgman

whats OCD?

whats OCD?

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh that ruined my day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgasOxPaZJE
lol not 400,000
JamesEFresH17
:lol:That was hilarious
phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 phatkav
Member since 2005 • 1357 Posts
Are you Smart than a Fifth Grader beats Deal or No Deal anytime.

I just want ot know how the show got popular. I mean there is nothing special about it.
jerami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 jerami
Member since 2003 • 1676 Posts
That's a good show... the models are rather attractive
Avatar image for sprint_car_fan2
sprint_car_fan2

Forum Posts