My throat feels funny, please help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by joshrocks2245 (11248 posts) -

Alright so about a week ago I got paranoid about my throat, it felt funny when I swollowed.
I can't really explain it, it just feels really odd. It doesn't really hurt, but it just feels weird.

It came back 2 days ago, and I can't really stop thinking about it.
It goes away when I eat or drink.
It's weird how it went away the one day and now it just comes back.

Is there something stuck in my throat?? Am I thinking about it too much and I'm just paranoid??
If I am just paranoid, how can I focus on something else and stop worrying about my throat??

Please help :(

#2 Posted by spazzx625 (43432 posts) -
Have you considered...going to the doctor?
#3 Posted by unholymight (3378 posts) -
Make it watch an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, and then see just how funny it feels.
#4 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
You could have... what is that thing... swollen lymph nodes :o
#5 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -
Have you considered...going to the doctor?spazzx625
That would help more than posting on gamespot. As for your other question,health problems real or imagined only get worse when you dwell on them. Take it fron someone who actually had a health condition that could have killed them.
#6 Posted by joshrocks2245 (11248 posts) -

Have you considered...going to the doctor?spazzx625

Yes but I might just be paranoid about it, which can make it worse.
So I want to know what ways to stop thinking about it.

#7 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151074 posts) -

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Have you considered...going to the doctor?joshrocks2245

But he's right. You need to first see a doctor to rule out a medical issue. If that is not the case after seeing the doctor then see a different type doctor to get help.
#8 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20825 posts) -
Could be anxiety Which tightens the throat on occasion then makes it hard to swallow. I have occasion some anxiety, and that can be a symptom ive heard of. Could be something else too though.
#9 Posted by joshrocks2245 (11248 posts) -
[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Have you considered...going to the doctor?LJS9502_basic

But he's right. You need to first see a doctor to rule out a medical issue. If that is not the case after seeing the doctor then see a different type doctor to get help.

Even if I want to go to a doctor I would have to wait until late next week.
I wouldn't want to go to the hospital, I would probably have to wait there 8 hours.

Can't anyone tell me if I am just paranoid or if it sounds like something is wrong with my throat??

#10 Posted by -Twilight- (8931 posts) -
Lymph nodes?
#11 Posted by gobo212 (6277 posts) -
[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Have you considered...going to the doctor?LJS9502_basic

This should end the thread.
#12 Posted by spazzx625 (43432 posts) -

Can't anyone tell me if I am just paranoid or if it sounds like something is wrong with my throat??

joshrocks2245
Josh, I don't want to sound rude, but we can't tell you that...We are not doctors, nor can we see your throat. If you want to take your mind off it, go outside, go for a walk, take a drive, do something . Even if you're still thinking about your throat at least you are doing something else. If your throat still hurts, see a doctor!
#13 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

spazzx625
Josh, I don't want to sound rude, but we can't tell you that...We are not doctors, nor can we see your throat. If you want to take your mind off it, go outside, go for a walk, take a drive, do something . Even if you're still thinking about your throat at least you are doing something else. If your throat still hurts, see a doctor!

yeah, for serious How can we possibly tell you if you're okay or not when none of us (I believe) are doctors, and we can't even SEE the problem.
#14 Posted by kratos-7 (1616 posts) -
first of all you did the right thing coming to doctorspot.com
#15 Posted by joshrocks2245 (11248 posts) -
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

Jandurin

yeah, for serious How can we possibly tell you if you're okay or not when none of us (I believe) are doctors, and we can't even SEE the problem.

Alright well spazz you don't sound rude, I know your not doctors.
I just get paranoid sometimes and I make pain worse, although it's not really pain in my throat, it just feels strange.

When I am sleeping it doesn't bother me, I don't like wake up at all or anything from the weird feeling.
I also have lots of phlegm it seems, and it doesn't feel like theres anything really swollen in my throat.

#16 Posted by spazzx625 (43432 posts) -
I completely understand, Josh...and I realize there is a comfort level in coming here, but there isn't anything we can really do to help. One thing that helps me if my throat is sore is eating an orange...Try that. But coming here for medical advice should be the last thing you do.
#17 Posted by joshrocks2245 (11248 posts) -

I completely understand, Josh...and I realize there is a comfort level in coming here, but there isn't anything we can really do to help. One thing that helps me if my throat is sore is eating an orange...Try that. But coming here for medical advice should be the last thing you do.spazzx625

Yeah but I thought maybe someone could figure out if I am just paranoid or something>

I could go to my doctor for medical advice but I have to wait like a week, hopefully my throat is better by then.

#18 Posted by Evil_Saluki (4878 posts) -
Are you from the UK? There has been this flu type thing flying around and a soar throat is part of the sympton. It hurts a tiny bit when you swallow, but not when you drink as such. You'd couch out a lot of snot. Some people it goes and some it leads to a chest infection. Can also lead to man flu which is of course, instant death!
#19 Posted by joshrocks2245 (11248 posts) -

Are you from the UK? There has been this flu type thing flying around and a soar throat is part of the sympton. It hurts a tiny bit when you swallow, but not when you drink as such. You'd couch out a lot of snot. Some people it goes and some it leads to a chest infection. Can also lead to man flu which is of course, instant death!Evil_Saluki

No I live in Canada.
My throat isn't really sore though, it just feels weird when I swallow.

I also am swallowing a lot, maybe that is making it feel more weird??

#20 Posted by AnObscureName (2069 posts) -
I was going to make a reference to STIs. I won't though and instead will over advice. I've gotten something like that before, apparently it was swollen glands. If it doesn't go away in a day or so just go see a doctor.
#21 Posted by joshrocks2245 (11248 posts) -

I was going to make a reference to STIs. I won't though and instead will over advice. I've gotten something like that before, apparently it was swollen glands. If it doesn't go away in a day or so just go see a doctor.AnObscureName

Well I don't have STIs, I know that.
I seem to be coughing more now, maybe I am sick??

It's weird how I had it a few days ago and it went away, and then it comes back.