My phone's battery times just got halved!! Help!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -

So I just got a new Samsung Galaxy s-II. Ok so I downloaded this app that told me how many hours of the batteries are left in standby. Now it used to be about 125 hours. But now all of the sudden it's 61!!! It's really new so the age isn't the problem and the app tells me the battery health is good. Anyone know what can cause this? PLEASE HELP ME

#2 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
Faulty App? Have you looked into another app maybe? :P
#3 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

it could be just a read error, this happens often with new phones or laptops.

What you want to do, is charge the cell max and then drain the battery and you might get a proper reading. Also doing so helps the battery life (as in how many years the battery can hold a good charge for).

#4 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -

What you want to do, is charge the cell max and then drain the battery and you might get a proper reading. Also doing so helps the battery life (as in how many years the battery can hold a good charge for).

BossPerson
Since you're good on this maybe I could ask you. Is it bad if I always leave my laptop on charge when I'm not using it? It's been fully charged for about a week now, but I just keep it plugged in since I am not taking it to school anymore :o
#5 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -

BossPerson
You mean to 0% and it shuts off itself? Cause today I started loading at 1%. Maybe the 125 h was before it got drained last time and that's why it shows the correct time now?
#6 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

TrainerCeleste
Since you're good on this maybe I could ask you. Is it bad if I always leave my laptop on charge when I'm not using it? It's been fully charged for about a week now, but I just keep it plugged in since I am not taking it to school anymore :o

well im pretty sure that when plugged in and charged to the max, the battery isnt being affected if left on for a long time since the laptop draws power directly from the cable. I could be wrong on this though.
#7 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -
[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]Faulty App? Have you looked into another app maybe? :P

But I like this app :(
#8 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

themajormayor
You mean to 0% and it shuts off itself? Cause today I started loading at 1%. Maybe the 125 h was before it got drained last time and that's why it shows the correct time now?

yea, charge it max and drain the battery to zero. then plug it back in. And on the second point, you may be right. How old is the phone?
#9 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

gather round ye kids and i shall solve your battery problems.

#10 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]Faulty App? Have you looked into another app maybe? :P

You can still use it, but it's not bad to double check right? :) I have two for my laptop
#11 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]

BossPerson

yea, charge it max and drain the battery to zero. then plug it back in. And on the second point, you may be right. How old is the phone?

2 weeks.
#12 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -

gather round ye kids and i shall solve your battery problems.

BossPerson
LOL
#13 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -
[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]Faulty App? Have you looked into another app maybe? :P

You can still use it, but it's not bad to double check right? :) I have two for my laptop

But they all give different results
#14 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]

BossPerson

well im pretty sure that when plugged in and charged to the max, the battery isnt being affected if left on for a long time since the laptop draws power directly from the cable. I could be wrong on this though.

thanks I'll do some more research on my own using this as a base then :) It's kind of what I was thinking and going for, but I've not cared but now that my finals are over I would like to look into it :P
#15 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] But I like this app :(

How do you know what's true then :lol:
#16 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -
[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"] You can still use it, but it's not bad to double check right? :) I have two for my laptop

I trust the one with most stylish design
#17 Posted by KiIIyou (27139 posts) -
Call the cops!
#18 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] You mean to 0% and it shuts off itself? Cause today I started loading at 1%. Maybe the 125 h was before it got drained last time and that's why it shows the correct time now?

2 weeks.

yea it still quite new then, do drain the battery and see that the phone say after
#19 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -
[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]yea, charge it max and drain the battery to zero. then plug it back in. And on the second point, you may be right. How old is the phone?

2 weeks.

yea it still quite new then, do drain the battery and see that the phone say after

Ok cool thanks man :)
#20 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] But they all give different results

I trust the one with most stylish design

Sadly I do too :P
#21 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
Don't use apps that apparently "improve battery life" most of them suck and do the opposite.
#22 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -
Don't use apps that apparently "improve battery life" most of them suck and do the opposite.meconate
This one's not supposed to improve. Just tell me how much's left
#23 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] 2 weeks. themajormayor

Ok cool thanks man :)

tumblr_ljvocfz1Bx1qj8mzoo1_500.gif

#24 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -

Call customer service and ask to speak to the manager after ranting. Then give him a rant, and ask to speak to his manager. Repeat until you have reached the CEO. He will send you a new battery and a $50 gift certificate to get you off his fvcking phone, and you both win.

coolbeans90
He can't do that if his battery dies Conspiracy ?
#25 Posted by hummer700 (10160 posts) -
Close all the apps you may have running in the back ground. They drain a lot of unnecessary battery life.