My girlfriend's behavior?

#1 Edited by orrytur (1638 posts) -

So she wanted to use my credit card to activate something even though it was free. I asked questions like why need a credit card if its free, what mine etc, I had no clue on the subject. She went like "ok nvm forget what i said". I kept asking more questions cause it was the first time I heard for such thing and she said "shut up forget it". I told her to not talk to me like im her friend. She told me she could talk to who ever the way she wanted. She also lives in another country which I was planning to go for a month for her. How do you think I should "act" on this?

#2 Edited by GeekInkINC (195 posts) -

Send her a box of live hornets.

#3 Posted by hippiesanta (9890 posts) -

she's a Suckubus from another country ....... becareful .....

#4 Posted by lostrib (37629 posts) -

Do people have no common sense at all?

#5 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

Lots of free trials and stuff need a credit card even if they are free. That's all I can think of if she's not lying.

But considering she's your online girlfriend who you've probably never met, she's probably scamming you.

#6 Edited by Ariabed (1123 posts) -

@geekinkinc:

"Send her a box of live hornets"

Extreme but effective lol

#7 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10182 posts) -

is she hot?

#8 Posted by WolfgarTheQuiet (425 posts) -

@orrytur: Go get laid man. long distance shit never works.

#9 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36824 posts) -

@orrytur said:

So she wanted to use my credit card to activate something even though it was free. I asked questions like why need a credit card if its free, what mine etc, I had no clue on the subject. She went like "ok nvm forget what i said". I kept asking more questions cause it was the first time I heard for such thing and she said "shut up forget it". I told her to not talk to me like im her friend. She told me she could talk to who ever the way she wanted. She also lives in another country which I was planning to go for a month for her. How do you think I should "act" on this?

lol
Seriously?

#10 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

@XilePrincess said:

But considering she's your online girlfriend who you've probably never met, she's probably scamming you.

Pretty much this

#11 Posted by johnd13 (8220 posts) -

Do we know her? Is she a Gamespot user? If not, you should ask her to sign up.

#12 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

If not, you should ask her to sign up.

why ? lol

#13 Posted by johnd13 (8220 posts) -

@indzman said:

@johnd13 said:

If not, you should ask her to sign up.

why ? lol

So we can talk to her and find out if she's really scamming the TC! :P

#14 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@indzman said:

@johnd13 said:

If not, you should ask her to sign up.

why ? lol

So we can talk to her and find out if she's really scamming the TC! :P

She ( I'm guessing its a He since TC have no clue) may try to scam us too lol.

#15 Posted by ronvalencia (15129 posts) -

@orrytur said:

So she wanted to use my credit card to activate something even though it was free. I asked questions like why need a credit card if its free, what mine etc, I had no clue on the subject. She went like "ok nvm forget what i said". I kept asking more questions cause it was the first time I heard for such thing and she said "shut up forget it". I told her to not talk to me like im her friend. She told me she could talk to who ever the way she wanted. She also lives in another country which I was planning to go for a month for her. How do you think I should "act" on this?

It looks like She's not worth the trouble i.e. her attitude is repulsive from my POV and you already have some conflicts with her at this early stage. Could you tolerate that kind of attitude in the future (i.e. compatibility issues)? It seems you are looking for someone with more "class" or communicative.

#16 Edited by lamprey263 (24157 posts) -

Nigerian girlfriend?

#17 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@orrytur said:

So she wanted to use my credit card to activate something even though it was free. I asked questions like why need a credit card if its free, what mine etc, I had no clue on the subject. She went like "ok nvm forget what i said". I kept asking more questions cause it was the first time I heard for such thing and she said "shut up forget it". I told her to not talk to me like im her friend. She told me she could talk to who ever the way she wanted. She also lives in another country which I was planning to go for a month for her. How do you think I should "act" on this?

Red flag #1: She has no grip on her own finances (she can't get her own credit card???)

Red flag #2: She has no respect for you.

Red flag #3: She lives in another country.

#18 Edited by Korvus (3899 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

Red flag #1: She has no grip on her own finances (she can't get her own credit card???)

Red flag #2: She has no respect for you.

Red flag #3: She lives in another country.

*Clears throat* Excuse me?

Just kidding, I know what you meant =p

#19 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@korvus said:

@jasean79 said:

Red flag #1: She has no grip on her own finances (she can't get her own credit card???)

Red flag #2: She has no respect for you.

Red flag #3: She lives in another country.

*Clears throat* Excuse me?

Just kidding, I know what you meant =p

The third choice wouldn't have been a red flag if the two above it didn't exist :D

#20 Posted by Zyamaman (1776 posts) -

@orrytur:

Sharing bank accounts and credit cards is normal procedure for couples who also share a household.

The fact that she doesn't understand that is bad enough on it's own.

The fact that she lives abroad, and tries to guilt-trip you into giving her your payment information means it's a scam, period.

Sorry, buddy.

#21 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (8151 posts) -

@geekinkinc said:

Send her a box of live hornets.

#22 Edited by deeliman (2443 posts) -

Yeah, she's definitely scamming you bro. It's probably for the best if you delete all contact with her, but whatever you do, don't give her your credit card number.

#23 Posted by darkmark91 (2873 posts) -

@XilePrincess said:

Lots of free trials and stuff need a credit card even if they are free. That's all I can think of if she's not lying.

But considering she's your online girlfriend who you've probably never met, she's probably scamming you.

This is true, but more than half of them are scams.

#24 Posted by mikhail (2290 posts) -

This person doesn't sound like someone worth traveling to another country for. I'm sure you can find someone that is local.

#25 Posted by Treflis (11573 posts) -

Yeah, that sounds pretty shady.

#26 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9830 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Do people have no common sense at all?

#27 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

don't let her use your credit card. Also was she saying this in person or online?

#28 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@orrytur: Why does your girlfriend live in another country? Have you actually met her?