My best friend of thirteen years just kissed me...

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RTFlakfizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RTFlakfizer
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts

A little backstory, first. I've known Ethan since were were in the sixth grade. We bonded instantly, and we did everything together. We cheated off each other. We rode bikes together. We took the rap for each other. When we entered high school, we got jobs at the same Wendy's together. We even picked up chics together. After we graduated, the only think we didn't do together was go to the same college. Well, both of our classes are done, and he decided to fly over here to hang out with me all this month.

It's been a blast hanging out with Ethan again. We went right back into trouble. We even thought it would be fun to pick up chics again, so we headed to out to a local nightclub last night, had a few drinks and flirted with a few girls. We made it a contest to see who would get one first. Naturally, he won, but I came in at a close second. :P The four of us decided to head back to my apartment and watch a movie or two. So as we were watching the movie, I was making out with my girl on the couch while Ethan and his girl were just holding each other on the rocker. It got late, so we let the girls go home, and then Ethan and I pretty much stayed up all night playing games.

So today while we were goofiing off, I wanted to start some conversation with him, so I asked what he thought of his girl. I thought it was odd that he didn't even so much as kiss her, so I brought that up. Then he said he wasn't attracted to her... and I said "WTF, man! She was hot! What did you not like?" And then he dropped the bombshell on me. "That she was a girl. John... I'm gay."

My jaw just droppedon the ground. The Ethan I knew was nothing short of a lady's man, a pimp if you will. So he sat me down on the couch, and he started explaining to me how he was never comfortable with women, how he was always forcing himself to date them and have sex with them, and try to like it. But he just said deep down, it wasn't working for me. Then he dropped the biggest bombshell that has ever been dropped on me. "John, I love you. I've always loved you. I just never told you before because I was too afraid it would ruin our friendship." I asked him why he waited so long to tell me, and why even tell me at all, and he said, "Because I'm tired of hiding it from you, and I'd rather get it out and risk losing you as a friend than never getting it out and not knowing what would happen."

So I was just sitting there... speechless, probably in shock, and he grabbed my hand, and we just sorta stared into each other's eyes... and he leant in close, and seeing me not repel, he leaned in all the way and kissed me on the lips. And.. I think for a split second.. I kissed him back, before I snapped to my senses and stood up and then.. I socked him in jaw. I keep playing this over and over in my mind trying to figure out if it was real, what I did. I just punched my best friend who told me his deepest secret... :(

So we got in this big fight (verbal, not physical), and I kicked him out of my apartment... Heleft without his cellphone, and I have no idea where is now to apologize. I hurt him so bad, but I mean... it was just a reaction, you know? But what I'm really concerned about is that split second where I think I kissed him back. What does this mean? Could I be gay Do I...love Ethan more than just as a friend? Oh God... what do I do? :(

Lemon-Demon35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lemon-Demon35
Member since 2006 • 5792 Posts
*backs away slowly*
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
Come out in an astonishing fashion to support, get married to the male love of your life, only to have your friend Ethan claim it was all a joke
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

oh yeah....i think that your most likely feel the same way.

i could be wrong, maybe it was a joke maybe?

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts

*backs away slowly*Lemon-Demon35

*backs away slowly-er*

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Somebody's gonna say it, soI will: Blog it!
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SpiritEmu
Member since 2006 • 3370 Posts

A little backstory, first. I've known Ethan since were were in the sixth grade. We bonded instantly, and we did everything together. We cheated off each other. We rode bikes together. We took the rap for each other. When we entered high school, we got jobs at the same Wendy's together. We even picked up chics together. After we graduated, the only think we didn't do together was go to the same college. Well, both of our classes are done, and he decided to fly over here to hang out with me all this month.

It's been a blast hanging out with Ethan again. We went right back into trouble. We even thought it would be fun to pick up chics again, so we headed to out to a local nightclub last night, had a few drinks and flirted with a few girls. We made it a contest to see who would get one first. Naturally, he won, but I came in at a close second. :P The four of us decided to head back to my apartment and watch a movie or two. So as we were watching the movie, I was making out with my girl on the couch while Ethan and his girl were just holding each other on the rocker. It got late, so we let the girls go home, and then Ethan and I pretty much stayed up all night playing games.

So today while we were goofiing off, I wanted to start some conversation with him, so I asked what he thought of his girl. I thought it was odd that he didn't even so much as kiss her, so I brought that up. Then he said he wasn't attracted to her... and I said "WTF, man! She was hot! What did you not like?" And then he dropped the bombshell on me. "That she was a girl. John... I'm gay."

My jaw just droppedon the ground. The Ethan I knew was nothing short of a lady's man, a pimp if you will. So he sat me down on the couch, and he started explaining to me how he was never comfortable with women, how he was always forcing himself to date them and have sex with them, and try to like it. But he just said deep down, it wasn't working for me. Then he dropped the biggest bombshell that has ever been dropped on me. "John, I love you. I've always loved you. I just never told you before because I was too afraid it would ruin our friendship." I asked him why he waited so long to tell me, and why even tell me at all, and he said, "Because I'm tired of hiding it from you, and I'd rather get it out and risk losing you as a friend than never getting it out and not knowing what would happen."

So I was just sitting there... speechless, probably in shock, and he grabbed my hand, and we just sorta stared into each other's eyes... and he leant in close, and seeing me not repel, he leaned in all the way and kissed me on the lips. And.. I think for a split second.. I kissed him back, before I snapped to my senses and stood up and then.. I socked him in jaw. I keep playing this over and over in my mind trying to figure out if it was real, what I did. I just punched my best friend who told me his deepest secret... :(

So we got in this big fight (verbal, not physical), and I kicked him out of my apartment... Heleft without his cellphone, and I have no idea where is now to apologize. I hurt him so bad, but I mean... it was just a reaction, you know? But what I'm really concerned about is that split second where I think I kissed him back. What does this mean? Could I be gay Do I...love Ethan more than just as a friend? Oh God... what do I do? :(

RTFlakfizer

Uh... Are you attracted to women?

TERMINAT0R1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TERMINAT0R1
Member since 2004 • 3267 Posts

wall of text:(

summarize it in 1 word!

mig_killer2

Indeed.

Berzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Berzz
Member since 2004 • 14360 Posts
Gee, interesting story.
Lemon-Demon35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lemon-Demon35
Member since 2006 • 5792 Posts
[QUOTE="Sajo7"]

[QUOTE="Lemon-Demon35"]*backs away slowly*mig_killer2

*backs away slowly-er*

*proceeds to back away slowly than says "f*** it!!" and then runs away*

Stop trying to fit in :P
Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts

[QUOTE="Lemon-Demon35"]*backs away slowly*Sajo7

*backs away slowly-er*

Thats too slow. You just want to stay don't you?

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SpiritEmu

summarize it in 1 word!

mig_killer2

summarize it in 1 word!

mig_killer2

Gay, friend, kiss.

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

summarize it in 1 word!

mig_killer2

Oh come on, it's just six paragraphs that would take the average reader one minute to read, at the most. Anyway, long story short, he found out his best friend was gay and then he confessed his love for him, and he tried to kiss him, it ended up with a fight, and now he feels bad for hurting him.

Now, as for what to do. Go to his place, return his cellphone, and ask for forgiveness. There's no reason to throw away such a long friendship, and you should do your best to tell him you're sorry, and that you accept him for who he is, and that you still want to be good friends with him.

Don't worry about your sexuality either, there's no reason to be afraid of who you are, and there's no reason to dwell on it. Just do what you feel is right, and do your best to keep him as a friend.

thardus317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thardus317
Member since 2004 • 6400 Posts

Apologies but that sounds like a scene from a soap opera. O_o

Beaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Beaman
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
haha you're gay.
but seriously... just tell him you're flattered but you dont dig boys and carry on with the friendship, unless you like boys too, then date him.
RTFlakfizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RTFlakfizer

Somebody's gonna say it, soI will: Blog it!Travo_basic

Ok... why bother with a pointless comment like that? And what good does me blogging this do? Who the hell is going to read my blog? In case you haven't noticed, I'm a noob. I don't even have any friends on GS yet. I come posting something that's very personal, looking for insight from people, and I get comments like this? Very disrespectful...

Beaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Beaman
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
[QUOTE="mig_killer2"]

summarize it in 1 word!

SpiritEmu

summarize it in 1 word!

mig_killer2

Gay, friend, kiss.

3=/=1
mayormoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 mayormoose
Member since 2007 • 836 Posts
In my opinion you are not gay because of how you described yourself.
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
**i leave topic because im short of words
OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OfficialJab
Member since 2005 • 3249 Posts
Well I don't think you should have punched him, as a reaction thats pretty harsh but... wow what a huge thing to find out. I think it'll get worked out if you guys talk again, but damn he must feel like ass.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts

Thats too slow. You just want to stay don't you?tequilasunriser

I only need a little more dialouge more my new Oscar winning movie. >__>

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts

summarize it in 1 word!

mig_killer2

His male friend is gay and the TC is unsure of what to do.

I only got the the part where your male friend tried to like heterosexual sex but failed miserably. So...

Just tell your friend that you don't have feelings (or do, but from the "She was HOT!" part you don't) for him the way he has feeling for you. If he was really your friend he would fully understand. But he has feelings for you... which makes it very complicated.

Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#25 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

well since everyone else who posted all seem to have ADD and can't read anything that's long......

You definetley need to apologize/talk to him. What you did was unforgiveable after he told you what he must have been hiding for years, and it was probably the first time he's ever told anyone, i'am not sure if he'll ever accept himself if the first thing someone did to him was punch him in the face after he revealed it....................I'am not trying to be a jerk, as i'am sure i would have done the same....but seriously, you really should get in contact with him quick and try to sort things out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a385958ec9cd
deactivated-5a385958ec9cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 deactivated-5a385958ec9cd
Member since 2005 • 2293 Posts
ummm... ... ... ... :o ... maybe you shouldn't have punched the one who luvs u... ... *runs away*
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Travo_basic

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Somebody's gonna say it, soI will: Blog it!RTFlakfizer

Ok... why bother with a pointless comment like that? And what good does me blogging this do? Who the hell is going to read my blog? In case you haven't noticed, I'm a noob. I don't even have any friends on GS yet. I come posting something that's very personal, looking for insight from people, and I get comments like this? Very disrespectful...

What do you expect? It's the Gamespot OT.

Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts

You said it yourself, you are on Gamespot, you should expect less from us. :P

Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts

Have you ever been the internet, honestly?

The internet is people!

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts

hmmmmkay. I actually read it this time. well, very interesting story. well, I dont think you kissed him back. you probably would have pushed back if you weren't in this state of shock.

are you attracted to women?

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SpiritEmu
[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"]

summarize it in 1 word!

Beaman

summarize it in 1 word!

mig_killer2

Gay, friend, kiss.

3=/=1

gayfriendkiss.

greenprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 greenprince
Member since 2006 • 3332 Posts
*backs away slowly*Lemon-Demon35
Follows him but trips on the way
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Travo_basic
[QUOTE="RTFlakfizer"]

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Somebody's gonna say it, soI will: Blog it!tequilasunriser

You said it yourself, you are on Gamespot, you should expect less from us. :P

Exactly!:P

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mig_killer2
[QUOTE="mig_killer2"]

summarize it in 1 word!

MattUD1

that was 18 times as many words as I asked for! you fail
EvanSkanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EvanSkanes
Member since 2004 • 10942 Posts

summarize it in 1 word!

mig_killer2

Manlove.

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts

I am loss for words. Thats a lolful story.

RTFlakfizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RTFlakfizer

Uh... Are you attracted to women?SpiritEmu

Yes. Always have been. And I was never attracted to guys. I mean, we used to act gay and pretend we were lovers in public, like at the amusement park, just to get a rise out people, but I thought we both were just acting, and now I know he was able to act like he always wanted to, feeling safe because he thought I knew he was acting, too. And I've never EVER thought of him this way, until he kissed me. Is it normal to be completely confused over your sexuality because your best friend kissed you?

smallcaplegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 smallcaplegend
Member since 2006 • 3083 Posts

well since everyone else who posted all seem to have ADD and can't read anything that's long......

You definetley need to apologize/talk to him. What you did was unforgiveable after he told you what he must have been hiding for years, and it was probably the first time he's ever told anyone, i'am not sure if he'll ever accept himself if the first thing someone did to him was punch him in the face after he revealed it....................I'am not trying to be a jerk, as i'am sure i would have done the same....but seriously, you really should get in contact with him quick and try to sort things out.

Joshywaa

HEY TC, there is your answer ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ it's well thought out

ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts
Well if you wanna keep him as a friend apologize and explain that you were jsut shocked and shouldnt have hit him. If he still wants to be a friend he'll forgive you. This is all assuming you still want to be his friend.
SolracSelbor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolracSelbor
Member since 2004 • 1144 Posts
That was a pretty immature move. Gay people really have it hard, i mean they live their entire youth hiding who they are, and you are a perfect example for why they do. I think you should apologize. Tell him you dont like other boys and that he needs to accept it, but that you still can be friends (if he wants to be). Remember, people are born gay its like punching a little person because he's little.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"]

summarize it in 1 word!

mig_killer2

I'm gonna give you a link in a spoiler tag, quote the post and without spoiler tags post it so i can click on it.

[spoiler] http://www.youfail.org [/spoiler]

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mig_killer2

[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]Uh... Are you attracted to women?RTFlakfizer

Yes. Always have been. And I was never attracted to guys. I mean, we used to act gay and pretend we were lovers in public, like at the amusement park, just to get a rise out people, but I thought we both were just acting, and now I know he was able to act like he always wanted to, feeling safe because he thought I knew he was acting, too. And I've never EVER thought of him this way, until he kissed me. Is it normal to be completely confused over your sexuality because your best friend kissed you?

well then your not gay tell your friend you're sorry, and tell him never to do that again
AlexRA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AlexRA
Member since 2006 • 2004 Posts
Man I feel bad for you, what you should do is find him and tell him your sorry about punching him but your not gay but you still want to be friends, unless you are gay but if you like women then your not just try to find him.
MidnightSasha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MidnightSasha
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
OMG! what a thumping good read, it sounds like the many storys in animes I watch, but if what you say is true dude, don't force yourself to be gay or anything but since you kissed him back, maby it was ment to be all along, :oops: a story like that gets me all happy and emotional even if you are lieing which alot of people do online, if it is true you deffinatly can't lose him, as a friend or *lover* you need to find him an apologive, though thats easier said then done.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts

In my opinion you are not gay because of how you described yourself.mayormoose

I have a strong belief that there is no such thing as being gay unless your brain is addled or you have been born transexual meaning you have a bit of both genders. Other then those two reasons, there is no such thing as being gay cause naturally humans were created to attract opposites. And for that split second that you kissed him was probably all in your head. if your into women which I think you are, then no you're not gay

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mig_killer2
[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"]

summarize it in 1 word!

MattUD1

I'm gonna give you a link in a spoiler tag, quote the post and without spoiler tags post it so i can click on it.

[/spoiler] http://www.youfail.org [/spoiler]

that was hilarious!!!:lol:
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

That happened to me in the 8th grade, and after awhile, I just didn't care about my sexuality anymore. Just don't dwell on it and you'll be fine. You might be a little shocked for a couple weeks or so, but you'll get over it. Stuff like this tends to make you care less about your sexuality.

raiza54003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 raiza54003
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Dude, if you go out with him, make sure you get some KY, otherwise it's gonna burn in the back if you know what I mean.(SICK FREAK!!! J/K)
ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts
[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"]

summarize it in 1 word!

mig_killer2

actually it was 14 words :P

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SpiritEmu

You're not gay I guess it's normal. :\ But do what feels right?