Muslims believe in evolution pre-dates Darwin! :O

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by toast_burner (21471 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] you mean those who are paid agents?SNIPER4321

Muhammad was a paid agent and one of the founders of the Illuminati. 

I have as much evidence to support that claim as you have to support yours.

0.1/10 just because you try there was no illuminati back than try harder Hadith - Bukhari 9.241, Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar Allah's Apostle stood up amongst the people and then praised and glorified Allah as He deserved and then he mentioned Ad-Dajjal, saying, "I warn you of him, and there was no prophet but warned his followers of him; but I will tell you something about him which no prophet has told his followers: Ad-Dajjal is one-eyed whereas Allah is not."

The Illuminati did exist back then, they were just really good at hiding it, Muhammad founded Islam as a cover up for his actual intentions. You're just a poor sheep who's been tricked and manipulated, that's why you can't see the truth.

#52 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Oh and muslims predated a lot of western scientific and philosophical ideas but it's not cool to remind people of that.
#53 Posted by lostrib (35018 posts) -

[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"][QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

Guys, SNIPER4321 is obviously not a Muslim. I've seen him in OT for years. He's just trolling

SNIPER4321

Sniper4321 trolls ever sub-forum on this site. Its pretty obvious.

let me clear it. i troll sw. unions but i dont troll here i post links from other sites and if u call me troll than u are not only calling me but also intelligent ppls who made sites.

based on this statement, you are not an "intelligent ppls"

#54 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
The Illuminati did exist back then, they were just really good at hiding it, Muhammad founded Islam as a cover up for his actual intentions. You're just a poor sheep who's been tricked and manipulated, that's why you can't see the truth.toast_burner
i thought u dont believe in illuminati. illuminati was founded in 18 century. by 13 rich families. i watch documantries alot about them. i know. and Muhammad (PBUH) did not found islam. he was last prophet. its same religion of all prophets before him too.
#55 Posted by BossPerson (9450 posts) -
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]The Illuminati did exist back then, they were just really good at hiding it, Muhammad founded Islam as a cover up for his actual intentions. You're just a poor sheep who's been tricked and manipulated, that's why you can't see the truth.SNIPER4321
i thought u dont believe in illuminati. illuminati was founded in 18 century. by 13 rich families. i watch documantries alot about them. i know. and Muhammad (PBUH) did not found islam. he was last prophet. its same religion of all prophets before him too.

its an ancient order founded by hermes trismegistus in egypt in 30 000 BCE
#56 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
One need only observe the world around us to figure these things out. Muslims were fantastic scientists at one point, much further ahead of Christian Europe. But that had nothing to do with their religious beliefs.
#57 Posted by toast_burner (21471 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]The Illuminati did exist back then, they were just really good at hiding it, Muhammad founded Islam as a cover up for his actual intentions. You're just a poor sheep who's been tricked and manipulated, that's why you can't see the truth.SNIPER4321

Muhammad did found Islam, before him it was Christianity and before that it was Judaism. 

The illuminatti branched of from Islam. 

#58 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

Okay

#59 Posted by BossPerson (9450 posts) -

Okay

kingkong0124
pulling a droid i see
#60 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

Okay

BossPerson
pulling a droid i see

Dude I'm Username, how many times do I have to tell you this?
#61 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]The Illuminati did exist back then, they were just really good at hiding it, Muhammad founded Islam as a cover up for his actual intentions. You're just a poor sheep who's been tricked and manipulated, that's why you can't see the truth.toast_burner

Muhammad did found Islam, before him it was Christianity and before that it was Judaism. 

Islam mean submission to God and all other prophet massege was same. worship only one God.
#62 Posted by toast_burner (21471 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] i thought u dont believe in illuminati. illuminati was founded in 18 century. by 13 rich families. i watch documantries alot about them. i know. and Muhammad (PBUH) did not found islam. he was last prophet. its same religion of all prophets before him too.SNIPER4321

Islam mean submission to God and all other prophet massege was same. worship only one God.

Adam and eve didn't exist. 

Abraham founded Abrahamic relgions. Muhammad founded Islam. 

#63 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
worship only one God.SNIPER4321
But all the rest will get lonely :(
#64 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
rofl, Islam.
#65 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -

Muhammed (nsfw) played a significant part in spreading it, though. By the bloodiest of swords I might add.
#66 Posted by playmynutz (5982 posts) -
I'm going to sit in a pile of radiation and have my kids their until after generations we evolve immune to radiation maybe by then monkeys will catch up to us in evolution
#67 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"] Muhammed (nsfw) played a significant part in spreading it, though. By the bloodiest of swords I might add.

herp i learn history from derp
#68 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Muhammed (nsfw) played a significant part in spreading it, though. By the bloodiest of swords I might add.

Are you saying Muhammad didn't spread his influence by the sword?
#69 Posted by toast_burner (21471 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] Muhammed (nsfw) played a significant part in spreading it, though. By the bloodiest of swords I might add.SNIPER4321

Finally you admit it.

#70 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

SNIPER YOU'RE STEALING MY SHOW!

#71 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

One need only observe the world around us to figure these things out. Muslims were fantastic scientists at one point, much further ahead of Christian Europe. But that had nothing to do with their religious beliefs.Zeviander
yes it did have to do with our beliefs, go study some history.

#72 Posted by Aljosa23 (24782 posts) -

Islamic scientists in the early to mid Middle Ages were decades, maybe centuries ahead in terms of science when compared to their European counterparts so this doesn't surprise me.

#73 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

Islamic scientists in the early to mid Middle Ages were decades, maybe centuries ahead in terms of science when compared to their European counterparts so this doesn't surprise me.

Aljosa23

and if they never exist. science would not be advanced. Europe and west were living dark age during Islamic Golden Age.

http://afternoonsnoozebutton.com/post/16920763177/whatpath-yes-lets-imagine-a-world-without

#74 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6335 posts) -

Darwin wasn't the first person to come up with the idea of evolution. Who claims he was (other than the uneducated)?

toast_burner
I think misinformed would be more accurate
#75 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

Here is what Carly Fiorina Ex CEO of HP (Hewlett-Packard) said about islam

There was once a civilization that was the greatest in the world.

It was able to create a continental super-state that stretched from ocean to ocean, and from northern climes to tropics and deserts. Within its dominion lived hundreds of millions of people, of different creeds and ethnic origins.

One of its languages became the universal language of much of the world, the bridge between the peoples of a hundred lands. Its armies were made up of people of many nationalities, and its military protection allowed a degree of peace and prosperity that had never been known. The reach of this civilizations commerce extended from Latin America to China, and everywhere in between.

And this civilization was driven more than anything, by invention. Its architects designed buildings that defied gravity. Its mathematicians created the algebra and algorithms that would enable the building of computers, and the creation of encryption. Its doctors examined the human body, and found new cures for disease. Its astronomers looked into the heavens, named the stars, and paved the way for space travel and exploration.

Its writers created thousands of stories. Stories of courage, romance and magic. Its poets wrote of love, when others before them were too steeped in fear to think of such things.

When other nations were afraid of ideas, this civilization thrived on them, and kept them alive. When censors threatened to wipe out knowledge from past civilizations, this civilization kept the knowledge alive, and passed it on to others.

While modern Western civilization shares many of these traits, the civilization Im talking about was the Islamic world from the year 800 to 1600, which included the Ottoman Empire and the courts of Baghdad, Damascus and Cairo, and enlightened rulers like Suleiman the Magnificent.

Although we are often unaware of our indebtedness to this other civilization, its gifts are very much a part of our heritage. The technology industry would not exist without the contributions of Arab mathematicians. Sufi poet-philosophers like Rumi challenged our notions of self and truth. Leaders like Suleiman contributed to our notions of tolerance and civic leadership.

And perhaps we can learn a lesson from his example: It was leadership based on meritocracy, not inheritance. It was leadership that harnessed the full capabilities of a very diverse populationthat included Christianity, Islamic, and Jewish traditions.

This kind of enlightened leadership leadership that nurtured culture, sustainability, diversity and courage led to 800 years of invention and prosperity.

In dark and serious times like this, we must affirm our commitment to building societies and institutions that aspire to this kind of greatness. More than ever, we must focus on the importance of leadership bold acts of leadership and decidedly personal acts of leadership.

FULL SPEACH - http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/speeches/fiorina/minnesota01.html

ExCEO of HP

This is the Khilafa, the dormant superpower the corrupt western governments are trying to keep down.

#76 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

SNIPER4321

and if they never exist. science would not be advanced. Europe and west were living dark age during Islamic Golden Age.

http://afternoonsnoozebutton.com/post/16920763177/whatpath-yes-lets-imagine-a-world-without

Dude, be quite.

#77 Posted by Aljosa23 (24782 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

SNIPER4321

The "Dark Ages" are only called that because of a significant lack of historical records from that time. It has nothing to do with violence or war or a lack of knowledge.

#78 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -

Aljosa23
Shame the Mongols came and burnt an astounding number of books, murdered the scientists and in general left Baghdad a smoking ruin. Tables got kind of turned on the Middle East after that.
#79 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
^^ I blame Kemal ataturk for abolishment of caliphate.
#80 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Ace6301

Shame the Mongols came and burnt an astounding number of books, murdered the scientists and in general left Baghdad a smoking ruin. Tables got kind of turned on the Middle East after that.

The Crusades also left the Muslim world weak and tired, some say they could have made a stand against the Mongol invasion if they never had so many problems beforehand

#81 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

^^ I blame Kemal ataturk for abolishment of caliphate.SNIPER4321
Blame cannot be placed on a single person, take it as Allahs will, its already narrated in a hadith that the Khilafah will be gone one day and it will soon come back.

#82 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -

GrayF0X786
Our differences aside, you're honest and I completely believe you think what you claim to think. Not convinced I can say that about SNIPER.
#83 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Muhammed (nsfw) played a significant part in spreading it, though. By the bloodiest of swords I might add.

?
#84 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

MrPraline

Our differences aside, you're honest and I completely believe you think what you claim to think. Not convinced I can say that about SNIPER.

Its because I also expose the lies. he dont

#85 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7750 posts) -

This is the Khilafa, the dormant superpower the corrupt western governments are trying to keep down.

GrayF0X786

Yea it must be us.  Its certainly not the governements of said countries, the infighting betweeen sects, the human rights abuses, and the enormous anti-science mindset the ME takes on. 

#86 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
yes it did have to do with our beliefs, go study some history.GrayF0X786
Which is why many Muslim countries are currently still in the 16th century while Europe caught up and surpassed Muslim "scientists" 300 years ago? And all of European/Middle Eastern science was based on Greek advances. So no, I know my history.
#87 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] yes it did have to do with our beliefs, go study some history.Zeviander
Which is why many Muslim countries are currently still in the 16th century while Europe caught up and surpassed Muslim "scientists" 300 years ago? And all of European/Middle Eastern science was based on Greek advances. So no, I know my history.

And European civilization (Especially science) is totally derived from ancient Middle Eastern civilization (The ones who actually created civilization to begin with). The ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians, Mesopotamians, Persians, etc. existed for millennia before any European civilization even came to prominence, so your assertion in red is incorrect (To say the least).

#88 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

well classically speaking the arab cultures of the past were forward thinking and came up with stunning scientific, mathematical  and intellectual discoveries that are still used to this day.

then they got caught up in fundamentalist  religion.

what a shame.

wis3boi

Ah, the 1100s...when numbers became the devil. Good times....

Although Neil tyson is indeed very intelligent, his assertion about the Middle East and its subsequent view on science after the 12th century (1100s) is incorrect. It's actually a very ignorant assertion on his part, frankly, since that isn't true at all. There were there still numerous scientific/academic discoveries and advancements made after that period. Unfortunately, after the Mongol invasion, massacres, and sacking of Baghdad in 1258, the Middle East somewhat regressed and never fully recovered. The Middle East was still the most scientifically advanced region in the world up until around the late 15th century, where Europe began to inch ahead after the mid 16th century.

#89 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
And European civilization (Especially science) is totally derived from ancient Middle Eastern civilization (The ones who actually created civilization to begin with). The ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians, Mesopotamians, Persians, etc. existed for millennia before any European civilization even came to prominence, so your assertion in red is incorrect (To say the least).Nayef_shroof
Indus River Valley says hi. And the Egyptians, Sumerians, etc weren't Arab, they come from different genetic stock. All of which traces back to Ethiopia. Either way, modern science was mostly an accomplishment of Europe, not the Middle East, Ancient Greece or anywhere else. And none of it is due to Islam but human reason. Something that runs contrary to faith.
#90 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"] And European civilization (Especially science) is totally derived from ancient Middle Eastern civilization (The ones who actually created civilization to begin with). The ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians, Mesopotamians, Persians, etc. existed for millennia before any European civilization even came to prominence, so your assertion in red is incorrect (To say the least).Zeviander
Indus River Valley says hi. And the Egyptians, Sumerians, etc weren't Arab, they come from different genetic stock. All of which traces back to Ethiopia. Either way, modern science was mostly an accomplishment of Europe, not the Middle East, Ancient Greece or anywhere else. And none of it is due to Islam but human reason. Something that runs contrary to faith.

Where did I claim that any of those ancient civilizations were Arab? Anyways, yes, I know the indus river valley civilization also existed at the time of ancient Middle Eastern civilization, but it was ancient Middle Eastern civilization that Europe derived from. Modern science has it's roots in the Islamic golden Age (Period between 750-1258 A.D.). Innumerable fields were developed during that era, especially in the sciences ( Modern Medicine probably being the most notable, yet just one of many).
#91 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
but it was ancient Middle Eastern civilization that Europe derived from. Nayef_shroof
:lol: Yeah, not Greece at all.
#92 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] yes it did have to do with our beliefs, go study some history.Zeviander

They preserved the knowledge (Greek/Babylonian/Eastern) while most of the west was entering dark ages. They made changes/improved, add more of their own. This then got passed on to the west in an updated state. This era came to a close around the time of crusades, which still affects the region.
#93 Posted by DirigiblePlums (142 posts) -

Darwin wasn't the first person to come up with the idea of evolution. Who claims he was (other than the uneducated)?

toast_burner
This.
#94 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
[QUOTE="dramaybaz"] They preserved the knowledge (Greek/Babylonian/Eastern) while most of the west was entering dark ages. They made changes/improved, add more of their own. This then got passed on to the west in an updated state. This era came to a close around the time of crusades, which still affects the region.

His argument is an infinite regress. Without the Arabs to preserve the knowledge of Greece, Europe wouldn't have made it's scientific revolution. Without Greece to create the knowledge that was preserved by the Arabs, they wouldn't have had anything to preserve. Without the Egyptians, Mesopotamians and Indians to make the primary scientific and mathematical advances, Greece would not have had any foundation to build on. And on and on back through time. My entire point was centered around the idea that if the Muslim scientific movement was so "great", why are Muslim countries now stuck 400 years in the past culturally and scientifically (if anything, their scientific understanding now predates the Golden Age of Islamic advancements), and that Islam the religion had little to nothing to do with those scientific advances as faith and reason are countered-opposed human faculties. Christianity didn't cause the Renaissance, in fact, it was a hindrance to the scientific revolution. And science today, the most advanced form of science humanity has created, is almost entirely secular and non-religious (there are very few hangers-on who cling to tradition).
#95 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
Actually a big part of Islam IS pursuit of knowledge, whether that meaning is lost is another thing. A lot of the science etc knowledge indeed was in direct relation to being a Muslim. Whether it was medicine or means to figure out time/ celestial movement for prayers. "if the Muslim scientific movement was so "great", why are Muslim countries now stuck 400 years in the past" Not all countries, and while the movement was indeed good, it came to an end. You can thank the fighting due to crusades as well as among each other. The affect has clearly lasted, and there still is no peace.
#96 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
A lot of the science etc knowledge indeed was in direct relation to being a Muslim.dramaybaz
No it wasn't. A scientist's atheism isn't related to their ability to discover something. Why religion? Kenneth Miller's Catholicism isn't the reason he is a leading evolutionary biologist. How he reconciles his faith with science is his own business, but the human faculty of reason is only impeded by faith and tradition (for the fact it assumes without evidence, a key to the scientific method). The best science comes from bucking trends and pushing boundaries... and most importantly of all, pure, unbiased agnosticism. There were some Muslim scientists who didn't pursue knowledge for their religion... they pursued it much like any other modern scientist, for it's own sake. Issac Newton was trying throughout his career to use his discoveries to prove the existence of God... but he never could.
#97 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3804 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

well classically speaking the arab cultures of the past were forward thinking and came up with stunning scientific, mathematical  and intellectual discoveries that are still used to this day.

then they got caught up in fundamentalist  religion.

what a shame.

Nayef_shroof

Although Neil tyson is indeed very intelligent, his assertion about the Middle East and its subsequent view on science after the year 1100 is incorrect. It's actually a very ignorant assertion on his part, frankly, since that isn't true at all. There were there still numerous scientific/academic discoveries and advancements made after that period. Unfortunately, after the Mongol invasion, massacres, and sacking of Baghdad in 1258, the Middle East somewhat regressed and never fully recovered. The Middle East was still the most scientifically advanced region in the world up until around the late 15th century, where Europe began to inch ahead after the mid 16th century.

that would be china

gun powder 'n printing press 'mkay?

#98 Posted by dkdk999 (6738 posts) -
"highly trained doctors disproved the theory of evolution." God sniper kills me, good troll.
#99 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"] but it was ancient Middle Eastern civilization that Europe derived from. Zeviander
:lol: Yeah, not Greece at all.

...Even ancient Greece's writing system was completely derived from the Phonetic writing system developed by the Phoenicians (Subsequently becoming the writing system framework of numerous languages today).
#100 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

MakeMeaSammitch

Although Neil tyson is indeed very intelligent, his assertion about the Middle East and its subsequent view on science after the year 1100 is incorrect. It's actually a very ignorant assertion on his part, frankly, since that isn't true at all. There were there still numerous scientific/academic discoveries and advancements made after that period. Unfortunately, after the Mongol invasion, massacres, and sacking of Baghdad in 1258, the Middle East somewhat regressed and never fully recovered. The Middle East was still the most scientifically advanced region in the world up until around the late 15th century, where Europe began to inch ahead after the mid 16th century.

that would be china

gun powder 'n printing press 'mkay?

The Ottoman turks were using canons and various gun-powder armaments at the time as well. Although, Chinese civilization was, in fact, the first to develop the printing press