Muslims believe in evolution pre-dates Darwin! :O

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mystery_Writer (7909 posts) -

The Muslim scientists ibn Kathir, ibn Khauldun, ibn Arabi, ibn Sina, among other scientists, such as the Ikhwan school of thought, arrived at the same conclusions as Darwin with a convincing amount of evidence. Some westerners, including Darwins contemporary, Sir William Draper, called it the Mohammedan Theory of Evolution.

The Mutazili scientist and philosopher al-Jahiz (c. 776-869) was the first of the Muslim biologists and philosophers to develop an early theory of evolution. He speculated on the influence of the environment on animals, considered the effects of the environment on the likelihood of an animal to survive, and first described the struggle for existence and an early theory on natural selection. Al-Jahiz wrote the following on the struggle for existence:

"Animals engage in a struggle for existence; for resources, to avoid being eaten and to breed. Environmental factors influence organisms to develop new characteristics to ensure survival, thus transforming into new species. Animals that survive to breed can pass on their successful characteristics to offspring."

There are clearly things which are simply argument by analogy. For instance: coral has branches like a tree; the date palm does not wither if all its branches are chopped but it dies when the head is cut off so its like an animal. And through such analogy they link minerals to plants to animals.

In fact, Hamidullahs summary reads something like a Great Chain of Being which was associated with commoners earlier while al-Jahizs description reminds of natural selection.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1712098

Isn't this contrary to the popular belief that religion is anti-evolution? Or there are other religions that accept evolution?

#2 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2187 posts) -

I think most people believe in evoltuion with religious beliefs.

#3 Posted by Mystery_Writer (7909 posts) -

The_Lipscomb

just today, or even before Darwin?

#4 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2187 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

Mystery_Writer

just today, or even before Darwin?

I would think more so today. I don't have no idea though.
#5 Posted by toast_burner (21469 posts) -

Darwin wasn't the first person to come up with the idea of evolution. Who claims he was (other than the uneducated)?

#6 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
We muslims believe in different type of Evolution. for example back than humans were far more taller. but its all lies that we were monkeys. pure lie.
#7 Posted by toast_burner (21469 posts) -

We muslims believe in different type of Evolution. for example back than humans were far more taller. but its all lies that we were monkeys. pure lie.SNIPER4321
Of course it's a lie. If you actually payed attention at school or when you grow up a bit, you would know that people didn't evolve from monkeys but that we share a common ancestor with apes. 

#8 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
Of course it's a lie. If you actually payed attention at school or when you grow up a bit, you would know that people didn't evolve from monkeys but that we share a common ancestor with apes. toast_burner
No and you know there are lot of Doctors. highly trained doctors debunk the theories of Evolution. its fake, lie. and even darwin was first person or not. He was freemason agent. He spread lies and lies. evolution theory is debunked. it proove to be false but u ppls will still believe it.
#9 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2187 posts) -
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Of course it's a lie. If you actually payed attention at school or when you grow up a bit, you would know that people didn't evolve from monkeys but that we share a common ancestor with apes. SNIPER4321
No and you know there are lot of Doctors. highly trained doctors debunk the theories of Evolution. its fake, lie. and even darwin was first person or not. He was freemason agent. He spread lies and lies. evolution theory is debunked. it proove to be false but u ppls will still believe it.

lol
#10 Posted by BossPerson (9450 posts) -
and yet the religion itself and 90% of its followers are anti-evolution. talk to muslims, see what they think
#11 Posted by BossPerson (9450 posts) -
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Of course it's a lie. If you actually payed attention at school or when you grow up a bit, you would know that people didn't evolve from monkeys but that we share a common ancestor with apes. SNIPER4321

you belong in a mental institution
#12 Posted by toast_burner (21469 posts) -

The vast majority of doctors and scientists believe in evolution. 

There is tons of evidence to support it and you have none to prove any other idea. 

#13 Posted by BossPerson (9450 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]We muslims believe in different type of Evolution. for example back than humans were far more taller. but its all lies that we were monkeys. pure lie.

and they also lived to be 500 years old, right? mashallah
#14 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
The vast majority of doctors and scientists beleive in evolution. toast_burner
you mean those who are paid agents?
#15 Posted by BossPerson (9450 posts) -
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]The vast majority of doctors and scientists beleive in evolution. SNIPER4321

who pays them?
#16 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -

Guys, SNIPER4321 is obviously not a Muslim. I've seen him in OT for years. He's just trolling

#17 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]Of course it's a lie. If you actually payed attention at school or when you grow up a bit, you would know that people didn't evolve from monkeys but that we share a common ancestor with apes. BossPerson

you belong in a mental institution

Or a spelling and grammar course

#18 Posted by toast_burner (21469 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]The vast majority of doctors and scientists beleive in evolution. SNIPER4321

Muhammad was a paid agent and one of the founders of the Illuminati. 

I have as much evidence to support that claim as you have to support yours.

#19 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/17199/the-real-face-of-charles http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15658/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15798/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic check these articles
#20 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

Guys, SNIPER4321 is obviously not a Muslim. I've seen him in OT for years. He's just trolling

Nayef_shroof
all i did in OT here is to defend muslims and deny the theory of Evolution. and how is it trolling? I only link to other usefull sites. so they are also trolls?
#21 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/17199/the-real-face-of-charles http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15658/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15798/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic check these articlesSNIPER4321

no thanks

#22 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/17199/the-real-face-of-charles http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15658/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15798/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic check these articleslostrib

no thanks

harun yahya is very intelligent creationism. watch some of his videos. maybe your eyes will open.
#23 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/17199/the-real-face-of-charles http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15658/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15798/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic check these articlesSNIPER4321

no thanks

harun yahya is very intelligent creationism. watch some of his videos. maybe your eyes will open.

No thanks

#24 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

SNIPER4321
all i did in OT here is to defend muslims and deny the theory of Evolution. and how is it trolling? I only link to other usefull sites. so they are also trolls?

Stop trolling. I know you're not a Muslim, as I've frequented this site for many years and don't remember you ever even participating in a thread pertinent about Islam, let alone "defending" the religion
#25 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

Nayef_shroof

Stop trolling. I know you're not a Muslim, as I've frequented this site for many years and don't remember you ever even participating in a thread pertinent about Islam, let alone "defending" the religion

have you check yesterday thread about evolution?
#26 Posted by wis3boi (31167 posts) -

stop posting

#27 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23586 posts) -

well classically speaking the arab cultures of the past were forward thinking and came up with stunning scientific, mathematical  and intellectual discoveries that are still used to this day.

then they got caught up in fundamentalist  religion.

what a shame.

#28 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]The vast majority of doctors and scientists beleive in evolution. wis3boi

stop posting

because i expose them right?
#29 Posted by wis3boi (31167 posts) -

well classically speaking the arab cultures of the past were forward thinking and came up with stunning scientific, mathematical  and intellectual discoveries that are still used to this day.

what a shame.

Riverwolf007

Ah, the 1100s...when numbers became the devil. Good times....

#30 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12854 posts) -

Darwin wasn't the first person to come up with the idea of evolution. Who claims he was (other than the uneducated)?

toast_burner

This is correct. Darwin simply described in great detail observations of evolution. He wasn't the first to propose the theory.

#31 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23586 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

what a shame.

wis3boi

Ah, the 1100s...when numbers became the devil. Good times....

it is really a valuable lesson in what religion can do to your society.

for centuries in europe  if you wanted to learn about science you looked to the east.

#32 Posted by Teenaged (31743 posts) -

We muslimsSNIPER4321
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#33 Posted by wis3boi (31167 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]We muslimsTeenaged

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol:

#34 Posted by lamprey263 (23294 posts) -
I've heard about a "Golden Age" of Arab scientists, never heard about this line of specific scientific inquiry but that's worth knowing nonetheless. I've heard though that things like mathematics, physics, and optics have predated western rediscovery by centuries. I also heard that as far as early Western literature went, the Arabs were very interested in preserving early texts and they extensively worked to translate the texts from and to numerous languages, said to have laid the foundation for cultural renaissance in Europe centuries later. While I think much of the West is ignorant of the contributions of early Arab scholars, I think it could be a very telling tale of how it came to be that the progress of mankind's scientific inquiry being thwarted by whatever it was that would undue this progress by centuries. Was it war? Was it strict dogmatic religious theology or pervasive anti-intellectualism? Was it a lack of interest from societies to preserve and progress these scientific pursuits? And can we draw similarities today with aspects of our own societies that threaten to repeat this all over again?
#35 Posted by Darkman2007 (17929 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]The vast majority of doctors and scientists beleive in evolution. BossPerson

who pays them?

oh you know, all those evil people. the freemasons, the zionists, lawyers , infomercial producers.... all those people who have been running the world since 8000BC (when they first arrived from the planet Krypton)
#36 Posted by BossPerson (9450 posts) -
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"] you mean those who are paid agents?

who pays them?

oh you know, all those evil people. the freemasons, the zionists, lawyers , infomercial producers.... all those people who have been running the world since 8000BC (when they first arrived from the planet Krypton)

i think the rothschilds fit in there somewhere too abstergo as well

#37 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7750 posts) -
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/17199/the-real-face-of-charles http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15658/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic http://harunyahya.com/en/Articles/15798/the-fundamental-philosophy-of-atheistic check these articlesSNIPER4321

no thanks

If by intelligent you manipulative liar, then yes I agree.
#38 Posted by quebec946 (1318 posts) -

lolatsniperposts.

#39 Posted by Darkman2007 (17929 posts) -
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]who pays them? BossPerson

Im wondering where he is actually from.
#40 Posted by Retro_Future (127 posts) -

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="wis3boi"] oh you know, all those evil people. the freemasons, the zionists, lawyers , infomercial producers.... all those people who have been running the world since 8000BC (when they first arrived from the planet Krypton)Darkman2007

Im wondering where he is actually from.

Rothschilds are from Mars.

Rockefellers are from Venus. 

#41 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -

Nayef_shroof
Sniper4321 trolls ever sub-forum on this site. Its pretty obvious.
#42 Posted by wis3boi (31167 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

NEWMAHAY

so many union bans :P

#43 Posted by harashawn (27599 posts) -
Darwin's theory of evolution predates Darwin.
#44 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]The vast majority of doctors and scientists beleive in evolution. toast_burner

0.1/10 just because you try there was no illuminati back than try harder Hadith - Bukhari 9.241, Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar Allah's Apostle stood up amongst the people and then praised and glorified Allah as He deserved and then he mentioned Ad-Dajjal, saying, "I warn you of him, and there was no prophet but warned his followers of him; but I will tell you something about him which no prophet has told his followers: Ad-Dajjal is one-eyed whereas Allah is not."
#45 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] you mean those who are paid agents?SNIPER4321

0.1/10 just because you try there was no illuminati back than try harder Hadith - Bukhari 9.241, Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar Allah's Apostle stood up amongst the people and then praised and glorified Allah as He deserved and then he mentioned Ad-Dajjal, saying, "I warn you of him, and there was no prophet but warned his followers of him; but I will tell you something about him which no prophet has told his followers: Ad-Dajjal is one-eyed whereas Allah is not."

Muhammad jihad

#46 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

NEWMAHAY

let me clear it. i troll sw. unions but i dont troll here i post links from other sites and if u call me troll than u are not only calling me but also intelligent ppls who made sites.
#47 Posted by wis3boi (31167 posts) -

[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"][QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

SNIPER4321

let me clear it. i troll sw. unions but i dont troll here i post links from other sites and if u call me troll than u are not only calling me but also intelligent ppls who made sites.

I lost IQ trying to decipher this

#48 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Any religion that accepts change as a constant in the Universe would have no problem figuring out evolution or something similar. It's only crazy christians who believe God made us perfect in his image and that human are superior beings that stick to that moronic misunderstanding.
#49 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
 That's some mighty nice science you got there Baghdad, would be a shame if something were to happen to it.