Muslim Student Gives Classmates Toy Guns to Celebrate Islamic Holiday

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

Click here.

While the toy gun may seem shocking to some, it's not necessarily the only reason this is a problem. The issue mainly revolves around the fact that there is a double standard within our public schools, and Muslims are getting preferential treatment.

#2 Posted by ClassicRockFTW (1106 posts) -

You joking? I've given classmates worse things for their birthdays

#3 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
A Tennessee school district is amending its zero tolerance policy after a Muslim student gave classmates toy guns to mark the Islamic holiday of Eid al-Adha. LOL I will never understand why the West keeps bowing to this ideology. Smfh.
#4 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

ClassicRockFTW
That's not necessarily why this is an issue..
#5 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
also wasn't kill your sheep on the balcony day almost a month ago?
#6 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

also wasn't kill your sheep on the balcony day almost a month ago?MrPraline

there were reports in my friend's neighborhood of there being a goat in someone's garage

#7 Posted by jimkabrhel (15428 posts) -

[QUOTE="ClassicRockFTW"]

kingkong0124

So how would you feel about parents giving their children guns, real ones, and encouraging them to go hunting? Would that lead to violent behavior?

#8 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]also wasn't kill your sheep on the balcony day almost a month ago?kingkong0124

there were reports in my friend's neighborhood of there being a goat in someone's garage

Hah yeah. I think it was late October. Not sure. There's pretty silly stories of butchered sheep in balconies and bath rooms in Amsterdam, Rotterdam etc. Festive.
#9 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -
[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]/QUOTE] Guns has little to nothing to do with the issue. The problem is Muslims are getting preferential treatment in our public school system.
#10 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

Well if this is true then this is stupid.

Zero Tolerance laws are asinine but this is questionable.

#11 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]A Tennessee school district is amending its zero tolerance policy after a Muslim student gave classmates toy guns to mark the Islamic holiday of Eid al-Adha. LOL I will never understand why the West keeps bowing to this ideology. Smfh.

racist
#12 Posted by cslayer211 (797 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="ClassicRockFTW"]

jimkabrhel

So how would you feel about parents giving their children guns, real ones, and encouraging them to go hunting? Would that lead to violent behavior?

A classmate will give you a gun to hunt animals at school? The main issue here seems to be that it's at school.

#13 Posted by Wasdie (50592 posts) -

If I brought a toy gun to school I would be in big trouble. Our school had a no tolerance policy for stuff like that.

#14 Posted by jimkabrhel (15428 posts) -

One isolated case for a student being nice to classmates, and all Muslims are getting preferential treatment.

I'm surprised that kk didn't moan about sexism in the girls getting Barbie dolls.

#15 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
I hope he had the courtesy to put veils on those indecent, evil barbie dolls.
#16 Posted by FrostyPhantasm (8521 posts) -
Muslims. The French of America.
#17 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="MrPraline"]A Tennessee school district is amending its zero tolerance policy after a Muslim student gave classmates toy guns to mark the Islamic holiday of Eid al-Adha. LOL I will never understand why the West keeps bowing to this ideology. Smfh.

racist

Sorry, I haven't had my daily state injection of tolerance (tm) yet.
#18 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
I hope he had the courtesy to put veils on those indecent, evil barbie dolls. MrPraline
better use a permanent ink marker on their faces too because PICTURES OF FACES ARE HARAM
#19 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

One isolated case for a student being nice to classmates, and all Muslims are getting preferential treatment.

I'm surprised that kk didn't moan about sexism in the girls getting Barbie dolls.

jimkabrhel

This issue highlights a broader problem, not only with regards to Muslims, but minorities in general. Minorities in general get preferential treatment over whites, and it's clearly unfair. People should get treated the same, regardless of race, religion, sex, etc. That's what America's all about.

#20 Posted by jimkabrhel (15428 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

kingkong0124

This issue highlights a broader problem, not only with regards to Muslims, but minorities in general. Minorities in general get preferential treatment over whites, and it's clearly unfair. People should get treated the same, regardless of race, religion, sex, etc. That's what America's all about.

I agree with you. That's why I'm so annoyed that the GOP in the recent election seemed to focus so much on white voters and not minorities. The GOP should support rich people of all colors, races, creeds and sexualities.

#21 Posted by General_X (9090 posts) -
I was under the impression that schools where absolutely zero-tolerance when it comes to guns, even of the toy variety, and no matter how cartoonish?
#22 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

I agree with you. That's why I'm so annoyed that the GOP in the recent election seemed to focus so much on white voters and not minorities. The GOP should support rich people of all colors, races, creeds and sexualities.

There are many famous minority Republicans.... Fact is, most minorities would actually support the Republicans if they were aware of their issues. The Republican Party hasn't done a good job appealing to them, I agree - we have a lot to improve on. But when you look at it issue by issue, these immigrants - whether they be Hispanic/Latino, Muslim, Indian, Asian, etc. all share traditional, conservative values. For some odd reason, large percentages of them tend to vote Democrat - this is because we Republicans don't go after them, as you said.

Also, people of all income brackets support Republicans - not only the rich. My family is pretty middle class.

#23 Posted by jimkabrhel (15428 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

There are many famous minority Republicans.... Fact is, most minorities would actually support the Republicans if they were aware of their issues. The Republican Party hasn't done a good job appealing to them, I agree - we have a lot to improve on. But when you look at it issue by issue, these immigrants - whether they be Hispanic/Latino, Muslim, Indian, Asian, etc. all share traditional, conservative values. For some odd reason, large percentages of them tend to vote Democrat - this is because we Republicans don't go after them, as you said.

Also, people of all income brackets support Republicans - not only the rich. My family is pretty middle class.

I'm not saying that it's only the rich that supports the GOP. I live in an area that is very red, very small town, and largely lower to middle class. I agree than many people would flock to the GOP if they were less rigid on social issues, and focused on good, honest fiscal conservatism and smaller government.

But that simple hasn't happened lately.

#24 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]I hope he had the courtesy to put veils on those indecent, evil barbie dolls. ghoklebutter
better use a permanent ink marker on their faces too because PICTURES OF FACES ARE HARAM

rofl
#25 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

I'm not saying that it's only the rich that supports the GOP. I live in an area that is very red, very small town, and largely lower to middle class. I agree than many people would flock to the GOP if they were less rigid on social issues, and focused on good, honest fiscal conservatism and smaller government.

Hispanics, Muslims, Indians, and Asians are social conservatives too.

#26 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

as for the toy gun, that shouldn't of been tolerated, and given that the toy bags were gender-specific with necklaces and barbies for girls, and toy guns for boys tells me it was a mistake on the part of the student and the parents. turning it into a Muslim thing is rather sickening and only gives bigots and racists more ammunition.

As for the second link, one of them is for Dearborn Michigan, which is building a place to wash their feet before prayer. I actually don't see that as a problem, if you got a large Muslim or other foreign community living somewhere some of their customs are gonna stick around. Remember past hated groups like the Irish Catholics, Italians and Jews didn't wholesale give up all their customs and practices either for the sake of pissy xenophobes.

that article also seems to want to make an issue of using prayer neutral spaces for Muslim use. let me just say, i find this troubling. As someone who founded and for a time ran the Muslims Student Association at the Milwaukee School of Engineering. On Friday afternoons we reserved the space for Friday prayer, and we coordinated it with the other religious groups/clubs like Jewish and the various Christian ones as well. so what exaclty is the problem if Muslims temporarily put down prayer rugs and seperate the sexes as per the custom and practice when it comes to Muslim prayer?

#27 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

If I brought a toy gun to school I would be in big trouble. Our school had a no tolerance policy for stuff like that.

Wasdie
You'd be expelled I'm sure when I was in high school.
#28 Posted by jimkabrhel (15428 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

The irony that you list Muslims as social conservatives.

#29 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

If you ask American Muslims, to honestly answer which party is more likely to throw them into camps for their religion, you don't ask too much to figure out the answer. loosen up on the rhetoric. historically prior to 9/11, the Republicans HAD the Arab-American/ American-Muslim vote. after it very much so went 180.
#30 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

American Muslims are social conservatives, yes.

Muslims in the Middle East are too hard to put in a left-right spectrum.

#31 Posted by Allthishate (1876 posts) -

as for the toy gun, that shouldn't of been tolerated, and given that the toy bags were gender-specific with necklaces and barbies for girls, and toy guns for boys tells me it was a mistake on the part of the student and the parents. turning it into a Muslim thing is rather sickening and only gives bigots and racists more ammunition.

As for the second link, one of them is for Dearborn Michigan, which is building a place to wash their feet before prayer. I actually don't see that as a problem, if you got a large Muslim or other foreign community living somewhere some of their customs are gonna stick around. Remember past hated groups like the Irish Catholics, Italians and Jews didn't wholesale give up all their customs and practices either for the sake of pissy xenophobes.

that article also seems to want to make an issue of using prayer neutral spaces for Muslim use. let me just say, i find this troubling. As someone who founded and for a time ran the Muslims Student Association at the Milwaukee School of Engineering. On Friday afternoons we reserved the space for Friday prayer, and we coordinated it with the other religious groups/clubs like Jewish and the various Christian ones as well. so what exaclty is the problem if Muslims temporarily put down prayer rugs and seperate the sexes as per the custom and practice when it comes to Muslim prayer?

SaudiFury
Shush Muslim Americans are not Americans .. The true Americans are white/and European anything else is a job steeling immigrant.
#32 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

SaudiFury

If you ask American Muslims, to honestly answer which party is more likely to throw them into camps for their religion, you don't ask too much to figure out the answer. loosen up on the rhetoric. historically prior to 9/11, the Republicans HAD the Arab-American/ American-Muslim vote. after it very much so went 180.

Republicans aren't going to throw them in camps lol...people that think that are crazy.

#33 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

kingkong0124

Republicans aren't going to throw them in camps lol...people that think that are crazy.

well maybe we're hearing two different things.. you know from people like Michelle Bachmann, John Kline, and Allen West. (just off the top of my head)
#34 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

well maybe we're hearing two different things.. you know from people like Michelle Bachmann, John Kline, and Allen West. (just off the top of my head)SaudiFury

they are against islamic extremism, not your average american muslim.

#35 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]/QUOTE] Guns has little to nothing to do with the issue. The problem is Muslims are getting preferential treatment in our public school system. kingkong0124

What do mean preferential treatment?

#36 Posted by Allthishate (1876 posts) -

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

well maybe we're hearing two different things.. you know from people like Michelle Bachmann, John Kline, and Allen West. (just off the top of my head)kingkong0124

They are to stupid to notice the difference and when they say something completely false it gets spread like gospel. (Foxnews)
#37 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

well maybe we're hearing two different things.. you know from people like Michelle Bachmann, John Kline, and Allen West. (just off the top of my head)kingkong0124

that's not what we hear though. do you honestly not see why minorities like hispanics, arabs, blacks, lgbt, and (while not a minority) women flock towards the Democrat platform? it's a matter of empathy.
#38 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

well maybe we're hearing two different things.. you know from people like Michelle Bachmann, John Kline, and Allen West. (just off the top of my head)SaudiFury

that's not what we hear though. do you honestly not see why minorities like hispanics, arabs, blacks, lgbt, and (while not a minority) women flock towards the Democrat platform? it's a matter of empathy.

meh, i don't know about that. A lot of is due to peer pressure and simple loyalty. Blacks are traditionally democratic, and if a black person decides to be a republican he is made fun of and labeled an uncle tom.

#39 Posted by Allthishate (1876 posts) -
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

our family voted republican till 9/11 (since we had similar values) but after mr bush started his **** on the usa campaign we switched parties.
#40 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allthishate"] our family voted republican till 9/11 (since we had similar values) but after mr bush started his **** on the usa campaign we switched parties.

Did you switch again when Obama continued Bush's foreign policy?
#41 Posted by sSubZerOo (43952 posts) -

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

Wrong we had Herman Cain who thought that the first amendment supported his view that a community has the right to stop the building of a Mosque.. We had quite a few Republicans years past say that another Mosque should not be built on American soil.. IN fact this really became common rhetoric with the whole "ground zero Mosque"..
#42 Posted by Allthishate (1876 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Allthishate"] our family voted republican till 9/11 (since we had similar values) but after mr bush started his **** on the usa campaign we switched parties.

Tbh i dont give a **** about foreign policy except our natural cock sucking towards isreal. We got alot of problems domestically. but lets just say this i feel more comfortable with obama at the helm then some clown like rommny.
#43 Posted by Allthishate (1876 posts) -
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

well maybe we're hearing two different things.. you know from people like Michelle Bachmann, John Kline, and Allen West. (just off the top of my head)sSubZerOo

Wrong we had Herman Cain who thought that the first amendment supported his view that a community has the right to stop the building of a Mosque.. We had quite a few Republicans years past say that another Mosque should not be built on American soil.. IN fact this really became common rhetoric with the whole "ground zero Mosque"..

pretty much this :)
#44 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Allthishate"] our family voted republican till 9/11 (since we had similar values) but after mr bush started his **** on the usa campaign we switched parties.

Tbh i dont give a **** about foreign policy except our natural cock sucking towards isreal. We got alot of problems domestically. but lets just say this i feel more comfortable with obama at the helm then some clown like rommny.

Ah right, when you said "Mr Bush after 9/11" I assumed you meant his foreign policy in the middle east. But fair enough.
#45 Posted by Allthishate (1876 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Did you switch again when Obama continued Bush's foreign policy?

Ah right, when you said "Mr Bush after 9/11" I assumed you meant his foreign policy in the middle east. But fair enough.

The irony of the republicans is like . FUK Ya where here to protect the constitution every 1 is free. and yet they dont want us to build new mosques or try to stop us. hypocrites. It doesent matter anyways in 20 years time the republican party will be irreverent.
#46 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
It doesent matter anyways in 20 years time the republican party will be irreverent. Allthishate
It will be if they do not give up on their silly social conservatism, yeah. Definitely.
#47 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

I cant belive this made news, the fact that this made news is pathetic and sad.

#48 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I will never understand why the West keeps bowing to this ideology. Smfh.MrPraline
What's more dangerous than a lawsuit? [spoiler] A bomb. [/spoiler]
#49 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3797 posts) -

So one situation and its enough for you to make. -->"The issue mainly revolves around the fact that there is a double standard within our public schools, and Muslims are getting preferential treatment"

I think that is a little overboard isn't it?

#50 Posted by DroidPhysX (17093 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

American Muslims are social conservatives, yes.

Muslims in the Middle East are too hard to put in a left-right spectrum.

Would you then agree that social conservatives vote Obama?