Movies based on books, that were terrible, or butchered - That everyone loves!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

The only ones that I can think of right now, are these two:

I am Legend: I just read the book last week, and my god, those 160 pages were so much different and better then the movie, that that movie doesn't deserve to have the name "I Am Legend." - I wanna find the director and kick his ass, and order him to change the name, and the characters names, hell, I totally regret paying to see the movie and giving whoever made that P.O.S. more money.

A Clockwork Orange: Kubrick made everyone look and act like a bunch of dumbasses, and made everyone seem more like a f*g, and the way it was directed was terrible, and they didn't put in the last chapter, they just stopped it when he was in the hospital. The movie was such crap and yet every "punk-ish" kid think's it's the best thing that happened in the history of theater too, yet the book was so much better and a lot different, yet everyone's gonna assume they've got the "full experience" by seeing the movie.

Beowulf: Just flat out butchered completely, 'nuff said. I don't think a lot of people liked this movie though, but either way, it was still butchered beyond belief.

Any other monstrosities? I was gonna say Harry Potter, but really, those weren't as much butchered and more just like...made for kids and tried desperately too hard to be funny and "whacky". Still get's the main story right though...well....most of it.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#2 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
LoTR: Beautifully executed and great movies but compared to content of the books it wasn't that great.
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
I thought Beowulf started as a poem?
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ElArab

I thought Beowulf started as a poem?nintendo_fan675

yeah technically it's an "Epic Poem", but that's just what Lit-majors call it, either way, it's litterature that's telling a story so I'm just gonna call it "book" for short.

skatatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 skatatay
Member since 2007 • 1617 Posts
punisher was a great movie but I hear that it has nothing to so with the comics.
NoRemorse13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 NoRemorse13
Member since 2003 • 3476 Posts
I just saw Requiem For a Dream a few days ago. The movie wasn't terrible or butchered, but infact eye-opening. There is a book about it, I believe.Many scenes were goosebump inducing and downright sadning. After the movie was over and the credits started rolling, I just sat on my couch for at least 20 minitues thinking about what I just saw. This is easily the best movie I have ever seen and a breath of fresh air from all these other CGI movies (I Am Legend).
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ElArab

I just saw Requiem For a Dream a few days ago. The movie wasn't terrible or butchered, but infact eye-opening. There is a book about it, I believe.Many scenes were goosebump inducing and downright sadning. After the movie was over and the credits started rolling, I just sat on my couch for at least 20 minitues thinking about what I just saw. This is easily the best movie I have ever seen and a breath of fresh air from all these other CGI movies (I Am Legend).NoRemorse13

That's the typical impression RfaD leaves on people, but to me, that movie was just over-rated, everyone was telling me it's the greatest thing they've ever seen, so I guess I had high expectations for it, but ugh, it was just boring, I'm not asking for gunfights and explosions, but I hate movies that are just about people screwing their life up by doing drugs, I've seen way too many of those, and they're all practically the same. I had no idea there was a book though, is it based on it? Or is it just kinda, borrowing the title?

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sarmini
Member since 2007 • 2420 Posts

I thought I Am Legend movie was much better than the book. It seemed to be more fast and I thought it was just better overall. *Spoiler* When he had to kill Sam I started tearing up, no movie has made me do that before *spoiler ends*

As for your question, 1 movie: Eragon.
I thought the book was awesome and engaging, but the butchered it in the movie, it was horrible. Anyone who hasnt read the book probably liked it but if you read the book and went to see the movie you'll most likely agree with me. THE MOVIE SUCKED.

Other than that, I cant think of anything.