MOVIE TRAILER: Seth MacFarlane's Follow-up to Ted (Red Band)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14436 posts) -

Found this and thought I'd share, because...well, I imagine SOMEONE might be curious about it.

Slated for a May 30 release date, A Million Ways to Die in the West is a western comedy starring Seth McFarlane, who also serves as the film's director and co-writer, along with Family Guy writers Alec Sulkin and Wesley Wild. It's his follow-up to Ted, which went on to become the highest grossing R-rated comedy of all time.

Take that for what you will.

It's a red band trailer, (for language and violence) so fair warning. What do you think--has he another hit on his hands, or is this gonna be all kinds of suck?

#2 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

This one seems a little too over the top. Also, sarah silverman, bleh! Even worse, sarah silverman playing a prostitute

#3 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

I know it's just a comedy, but I can't take the west setting seriously when they're all speaking so modern day.

#4 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14436 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:

I know it's just a comedy, but I can't take the west setting seriously when they're all speaking so modern day.

It does seem off-putting a bit, I thought it was just me. If anything, this only just makes me wanna watch Blazing Saddles.

#5 Posted by konvikt_17 (22235 posts) -

i wanna see it

#6 Posted by indzman (17779 posts) -

Ted was awesome lol. Looking forward to it :)

#7 Edited by helwa1988 (2098 posts) -

Seems a little bit like blazing saddles. it looks funnier than some of the comedic tragedies that have come out in the last year. the jokes will probably be a little cliche. knowing macfarlane there will be a lot of penis and vagina jokes.

at the end of the day i'm going to see this movie for one reason. and one reason only.

#8 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6801 posts) -

Looks interesting. Will definitely check it out.

#9 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh looks meh.

#10 Edited by lamprey263 (23897 posts) -

nice, it's like a stoner flick for sober people