Movie Review: Frozen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for WheelzFourReelz
WheelzFourReelz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

Edited By WheelzFourReelz
Member since 2013 • 92 Posts

I realize that I am way late for this bandwagon. However, I just recently saw this with family, so I might as well make a review considering how big it is. The movie is about a princess who discovers that her sister has special ice controlling powers. Afraid of all the harm she caused and will cause, she runs away. The princess, who I believe is named Anna, must go and find her and help restore peace to the world and even there selves. And after this movie ended, I completely understood all the hype.

I found this premise to be fantastic. Disney has always done a great job of making princess stories interesting and this is no exception. What makes this story even cooler is the magic part. It brings some well needed conflict to the table and helps the movie really succeed in what its showing.

The voice acting in this movie was great. Everyone played the part that they needed to play. There was no wink link in any of the acting. And the singing was great. Everyone that sang had a great voice and suited their songs well. The best song was obviously Let it Go. I mean, honestly. Everyone loves that song.

I also thought the characters were great. They were entertaining and, at the same time, relatable. They brought lots of charm to the table. My favorite character? Olaf. Obviously. I also like the chemistry between the characters. They worked will with each other, which made the movie all the more pleasant.

This movie is funny, yes. There are quite a few witty moments that will have you chuckling, or in some cases, laughing out loud. However, the parts that stole the show were the scenes with the most heart. They were full of emotion and managed to tug on my heart strings. Hard.

Finally, the animation is absolutely beautiful. Normally, animation in Disney movies look pretty good, but this movie just looks fantastic. Especially the scenes where there’s ice forming everywhere. Those scenes are awesome!

Despite all of these many good things, I have a couple negatives. First is that this movie feels unbalanced with songs. The beginning of the movie is jam packed with songs. There are so many song moments at the beginning of the movie that there are very few near the middle and none at the end. I feel like if they spread out the songs some, it would feel like every part would get an equal opportunity of music.

I also was not a huge fan of the very beginning. I thought it was a little cheesy. Not the entire beginning, though. Really just up until the princesses become adults. I didn’t think the very beginning was bad. I just thought it was a little over the top.

This next point is not really a negative; it’s more of a wish. I kind of wanted to see more of the ice princess’s point of view. As much as I liked the true main character, I wanted to see more of the ice queen. I wanted to see more of her coping with these powers and struggling with the life she has. It’s a minor complaint, but it’s something I wish happened.

Overall, this was a great movie. It had everything that makes a Disney movie really shine. I completely understand all the press it’s been getting. It was in the top five at the box office for 3 months, and there’s good reason why. If you haven’t seen it yet, you should. It’s a great animated movie for the whole family.

Score: 8.2/10

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

The thing that bothers me about Frozen is the God Damn parents

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

It's one of my all time favorite disney films. It's a fantastic film, in fact my copy arrived in the mail from disney today. It was a very well done movie, it's good to see disney musicals making a reappearance. Hopefully they continue to make more.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

It had a bit more singing than was necessary but a pretty good movie. 8/10.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

I don't know. I really wasn't impressed with Frozen, especially considering it was a Disney animated film, which are usually pretty great, even the ones without Pixar's contribution.

I thought the story and characters were just cardboard cutouts. Nothing fresh and new really stood out to me. It seemed like just another animated film aimed towards kids, and that's fine, but it just wasn't anything special.

That opinion said, I respect your opinion and you did write a great review. I encourage you to keep writing. It's a lot of fun and people will value it over time :)

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Ice Queen. I'd smash.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Wilfred_Owen said:

Ice Queen. I'd smash.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Really loved Frozen, one of my favorite Disney movies.

@Shottayouth13- said:

It had a bit more singing than was necessary but a pretty good movie. 8/10.

Haha I actually would have been fine with it having even more singing. It's a huge part of what is great about Disney movies.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#10  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Wilfred_Owen said:

Ice Queen. I'd smash.

lol. Don't know about all that, but I'd smash Idina Menzel who does her voice.

I haven't actually ever seen this movie tho. Kids movies, with the exception of The Lion King, don't particularly interest me. I like "Let It Go" tho.