most scariest movies you have seen in your life?

• 84 results
#51 Posted by madsnakehhh (14151 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

jesus camp

I wouldn't call that a scary movie, it was disturbing as hell, but i got more angry than scared...still, it is a really well made documentary.

#52 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3778 posts) -

The exorcist isn't scary.

#53 Posted by indzman (17230 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

jesus camp

I wouldn't call that a scary movie, it was disturbing as hell, but i got more angry than scared...still, it is a really well made documentary.

Is Antichrist scary movie? I plan to see it :)

#54 Edited by Denissenco (8 posts) -

The Walking Dead.

Charlie Collier is a president of AMCchannel has officially confirmed the extension of the series on Season 5:

"I am pleased to officially announce the extension of the series The Walking Dead for the 5 new season. Although no one had much doubt about the new season. Audience ratings of show erased the boundaries between the cable and the center channel. The number of viewers is steadily increasing in our chanel thanks to this show. In October 2013 the show won the title of the rating unsportsmanlike project in the history of television! Work on the fifth season has officially begun! "

The final episode of the fourth season on March 31 looked more than 15.7 million viewers on the channel AMC - which makes it the highest of all time series. I watched first season at tvstock. net

#55 Posted by sukraj (22108 posts) -

Sinister

Evil Dead

The Exorcist

Alien

The Conjuring r just a few that I can remember.

#56 Edited by bforrester420 (1340 posts) -

Poltergeist...only because I was 4 years-old when I watched it first. I'm not big on horror movies...I have no suspension of disbelief. The serial killer/slasher flicks just disturb, not scare, me.

#57 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36776 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman: Have I explained what in detail?

Anyway, I guess I should just chalk this thread up as just another example of you failing to address your silly replies to my answers to the questions asked. Why is it, exactly, that you have such a hard time accepting that some people have opinions that differ from yours?

If you had added " I sometimes happen to find images of violent combat and traumatic battle wounds to be quite scary " when you mentioned Saving Private Ryan in a scary movies thread i'dve understood instantly. I thought you are again making vauge comments as you always do. Anyways my apologies for your condition :)

lol
Nice

#58 Posted by Korvus (3196 posts) -

I have tried every type of horror movie and I just can't feel scared...I guess I just can't put myself in any of the characters' shoes so other than jump scares (and if there's a really loud noise out of nowhere I might jump, it has nothing to do with horror) I don't feel a thing, but I enjoy supernatural horror the most, especially ghosts/spirits/etc. It's different with games; if I'm playing a well made horror game I get really tense and tend to lose control of the mouse for a few seconds on jump scares XD

The only movie that made an impression on me was The Grudge...watched the trilogy in one go, the way you're supposed to, at night, lights off, alone, etc...couldn't stop laughing, the movie was so silly. Didn't think about the movie again for a few weeks until one night I wake up at 3am with this really creepy meow, exactly the same as the darn cat-boy from The Grudge did...assumed I was dreaming, went back to sleep...wake up again with the damn sound. Happened 3 or 4 times that night. Next night, I fall asleep, wake up to that again (I was pretty annoyed by then) and went on the balcony and saw that a stupid black cat had just decided to sit underneath my apartment and meow all night...he did that every night for about 3 months...after about 2 weeks it started getting really creepy, so The Grudge is the only horror movie that makes me shiver a bit.

#59 Edited by indzman (17230 posts) -

@korvus said:

I have tried every type of horror movie and I just can't feel scared...I guess I just can't put myself in any of the characters' shoes so other than jump scares (and if there's a really loud noise out of nowhere I might jump, it has nothing to do with horror) I don't feel a thing, but I enjoy supernatural horror the most, especially ghosts/spirits/etc. It's different with games; if I'm playing a well made horror game I get really tense and tend to lose control of the mouse for a few seconds on jump scares XD

The only movie that made an impression on me was The Grudge...watched the trilogy in one go, the way you're supposed to, at night, lights off, alone, etc...couldn't stop laughing, the movie was so silly. Didn't think about the movie again for a few weeks until one night I wake up at 3am with this really creepy meow, exactly the same as the darn cat-boy from The Grudge did...assumed I was dreaming, went back to sleep...wake up again with the damn sound. Happened 3 or 4 times that night. Next night, I fall asleep, wake up to that again (I was pretty annoyed by then) and went on the balcony and saw that a stupid black cat had just decided to sit underneath my apartment and meow all night...he did that every night for about 3 months...after about 2 weeks it started getting really creepy, so The Grudge is the only horror movie that makes me shiver a bit.

meowww * remember me?

#60 Posted by Korvus (3196 posts) -
@indzman said:

meowww * remember me?

Ahhhh!!! Go away Toshio!!

For the ones who have no idea what I'm talking about ;)

#61 Posted by indzman (17230 posts) -

@korvus said:
@indzman said:

meowww * remember me?

Ahhhh!!! Go away Toshio!!

For the ones who have no idea what I'm talking about ;)

#62 Posted by Korvus (3196 posts) -

@indzman: She should try Tuvan throat singing =P

#63 Posted by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@indzman: "meowww * remember me?"

You are a cruel man lol

#64 Edited by Gamerno6666 (467 posts) -

THe ring. Jacobs ladder was freaking creepy too.

#65 Edited by indzman (17230 posts) -
#66 Posted by thegerg (14838 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@indzman: Again, how was my answer to your vague? Stop avoiding simple questions.

I see, just another example of your inability to support your accusations. Anyway, my answer was not vague. It was very clear, accurate, and straightforward. It was the opposite of vague.

#67 Edited by alim298 (1200 posts) -

@thegerg:

I'm sorry... Did this image scare you? XD

#68 Posted by thegerg (14838 posts) -

@alim298 said:

@thegerg:

I'm sorry... Did this image scare you? XD

No. Did it scare you?

#69 Posted by alim298 (1200 posts) -
#70 Posted by thegerg (14838 posts) -
#71 Edited by lamprey263 (23112 posts) -

First time I saw The Exorcist freaked me out. And I was doing everything wrong when it comes to watching scary movies, I saw it in the daytime, sunlight pouring through the windows and skylight, my mom at the table either reading the paper or doing the bills, my brother or sister was in the next room using the computer, so I had the security of company nearby, and daylight, and I must have been 18 or 19 years old at the time, but I was the only one watching it, and it was freaking me out. Now, surely it probably wasn't the most scary movie I ever watched, but it had the greatest effect on me when I watched it.

It stayed scary though, I couldn't just watch it to watch it because I was scared to, took me years to get numb to the idea of watching it alone. I remember one time though I went to visit my cousin and I rented it so she could watch it and I woke up and she was yanking on my hair to wake me up she was so freaked out.

#72 Edited by RedEyedMonster8 (1160 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman: No. Do they make you shit in your pants?

They do to yours i guess as you get scared by action / war movies. I wonder what you gonna do when you watch a real horror movie as Exorcist or Conjuring :)

I don't want to turn this thread into a debate, but far more terrible and horrible things happen in real life (especially in war) than any horror film. As for the topic of the thread:

The Shining

The Exorcist

The Conjuring

I Saw The Devil

Insidious

Lake Mungo

A Tale Of Two Sisters

Kario (Pulse)

Ghost movies tend to creep me out the most for some reason.

#73 Posted by playmynutz (5981 posts) -

Hide n Seek really scared me at the movie theater. Pretty random I never been scared like that again.

Woah the movie has bad reviews and Robert de Niro was in it lol didn't know that

#74 Posted by harry_james_pot (10546 posts) -

Hide n Seek really scared me at the movie theater. Pretty random I never been scared like that again.

I completely forgot that this movie exists.

#75 Edited by madsnakehhh (14151 posts) -

@indzman said:

@madsnakehhh said:

@wis3boi said:

jesus camp

Is Antichrist scary movie? I plan to see it :)

Well...i didn't find it that scary, but it has some moments, however the movie is not that bad and it has tons of graphics scenes, it's pretty shocking at moments to say the least. You should check it since is not a traditional horror movie.

#76 Posted by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

@indzman said:

Original Japanese versions Ringu, Ju on the grudge.

I thought these two movies were incredibly silly and probably the only cases where I thought the American remakes were actually an improvement.

#77 Posted by madsnakehhh (14151 posts) -

Woah the movie has bad reviews and Robert de Niro was in it lol didn't know that

I liked that movie...well, mostly because Dakota Fanning and Robert de Niro are in there, and it was pretty cool at first with terrific atmosphere and some really good jump scares even if the story was pretty average, sadly the ending is so retarded it completely ruins the movie, still i really loved Fanning acting.

#78 Posted by madsnakehhh (14151 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@indzman said:

Original Japanese versions Ringu, Ju on the grudge.

I thought these two movies were incredibly silly and probably the only cases where I thought the American remakes were actually an improvement.

The original Ju On is ok but i'm agree, the American version is better, on the other side The Ring was pretty cool thanks in part to Naomi Watts, but for me Ringu had a much better atmosphere and it was creepier than the American version.

#79 Edited by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

Another one of my favorites is Noroi The Curse...IMO one of the scaries movies i've seen, then again is also a mockumentary and a pretty long one too, so if you are not a fan of the genre, you might not like it.

I'm surprised to see anyone mention Noroi. That movie was so good and creepy.

#80 Posted by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

The original Ju On is ok but i'm agree, the American version is better, on the other side The Ring was pretty cool thanks in part to Naomi Watts, but for me Ringu had a much better atmosphere and it was creepier than the American version.

Ringu had Sadako running around in literally a Cousin It wig and had one of the main characters suddenly revealing, completely arbitrarily, late in the movie that he had supernatural powers. I just could not take it seriously.

#81 Edited by Goobberzz (602 posts) -

There are only a few movies I can recall that scared me an a lot. Don't get me wrong, I'll jump in my seat when things pop out randomly and I do get creeped out if something weird is happening. But that I can remember Drag Me To Hell hit me pretty hard, Insidious had me on edge, and so did the first Grave Encounters. The Descent had it's moments too.

#82 Posted by sukraj (22108 posts) -

THe ring. Jacobs ladder was freaking creepy too.

the ring was kind of freaky

#83 Posted by l34052 (3124 posts) -

Scarey/horror movies never bothered me at all, i grew up as a kid watching freddy krueger, hell raiser etc etc etc and loved them. There was one movie however that really freaked me out and that was the Twilight Zone movie with dan ackroyd.

It wasnt the wole movie just the part on the plane where the guy can see the creature on the wing tearing at the engines, for some reason it got inside my head and i couldnt sleep or even feel calm it was a horrible feeling.

Ive watched it dozens of times since then and its doesnt bother me at all as a grown man but i do still smile when i hear the words 'you wanna see something really scarey?'

#84 Posted by hippiesanta (9804 posts) -

The Exorcist ... the middle east part is haunting btw

#85 Posted by madsnakehhh (14151 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@madsnakehhh said:

Ringu had Sadako running around in literally a Cousin It wig and had one of the main characters suddenly revealing, completely arbitrarily, late in the movie that he had supernatural powers. I just could not take it seriously.

Well, i'm actually agree...but i loved the atmosphere, whenever i like the atmosphere, i usually fall for the movie (just like in Hide and Seek), not that The Ring didn't have a great atmosphere, but Ringu just had something that made it really cool.

#86 Edited by sukraj (22108 posts) -