Most memberable scene in Star Wars?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jd1680a (5949 posts) -

What is your most memberable scene of any of the Star Wars movies?

#2 Edited by KHAndAnime (14232 posts) -

"Nooooooooooooo!"

and

pod race scene

best of all Star Wars

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111208042120/starwars/images/4/42/JarJarHS-SWE.jpg

#4 Edited by awesome3496 (2174 posts) -

#5 Posted by lonewolf604 (8532 posts) -

Anakin's mom dying and killing the sand people.

#6 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14531 posts) -

The end credits--that's when I knew it was time to leave the theater, being I fell asleep through the first prequel.

#7 Posted by darktoothxo (95 posts) -

Star Wars Episode: 4 A New Hope: the space battle when the rebels attack the Death Star!

#8 Posted by destinhpark (4756 posts) -

One of them is the pod-racing sequence, I remember being at that age and thinking that stuff was bad-ASS.

And Yoda's lightsaber fight scene.

#9 Posted by indzman (19137 posts) -

Darth Vader intro in Empire Strikes Back with imperial march theme going on in background.

#10 Posted by megagene (23026 posts) -

For me it was when I saw my first lightsaber battle in The Empire Strikes Back between Vader and Luke. I was 4 years old sitting in the movie theatre with my father and sister and I remember being blown away by how cool it was.

#11 Posted by Master_Live (15282 posts) -
    • "When I left you I was all but the learner, now I am the master".
    • Obi-Wan talking about the different points of view.
    • "That's why you fail".
    • "Luke, I'm your father"
    • Whole last fight from ROTJ, specially when Vader says "Perhaps she will".
    • Qui-Gon dying
    • Order 66, specially "master Skywalker they're too many, what are we going to do?"
    • Whole last fight from ROTS, starting with the whole Padme confrontation and specially "you were the chosen one!", and the suit.
#12 Posted by Nuck81 (5871 posts) -

Jesus, you can really tell the ages of posters by their answers.

Chewbacca taking a dump in the original trilogy, is better than anything in the prequels.

In fact I can't think of anything in the prequels that is memorable for any reason than how unintentionally funny, or embarrassing it is

#13 Edited by Iszdope (10442 posts) -

"Memberable"

Hmm.

#14 Posted by MirkoS77 (7964 posts) -

ANH: when Luke leaves his hutt on Tatooine after arguing with his uncle about wanting to go to the academy and watches the setting of the two suns. That scene epitomizes what Star Wars is about to me. The best scene from all the films.

#15 Edited by Detroit222 (5317 posts) -

@MirkoS77:

I was going to say the same thing. That scene was just so beautiful.

The only scene from the prequels that I remember was the one where Anikin killed all the Jedi children. What a tool!

#16 Posted by Boddicker (2916 posts) -

Anakin killing younglings.

If only because it felt so forced and out of place.

George Lucas couldn't direct his way out of a wet paper bag. The Star Wars universe officially died with the Phantom Menace to me, but I hope Lucas doesn't get too much input on the new films. There's a small chance that the SW universe can still be redeemed.

#17 Edited by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

Darth Maul fight scene.

The fight scene at the end of the clone wars and jango fett getting owned.

Darth Vader telling Luke he is his father.

When Han was about to be frozen or whatever and Leia said "i love you" and Han like a boss just says "I know."

When Leia tells Han Luke is her brother.... he probably got an instant boner.

When Vader somewhat kills Obi Wan. I hate that scene but it stands out to me.

#18 Edited by uninspiredcup (10016 posts) -

Luke getting emotionally provoked in ROTJ fight.

#19 Posted by one_plum (6362 posts) -

Darth Vader's sacrifice, and

@MirkoS77 said:

ANH: when Luke leaves his hutt on Tatooine after arguing with his uncle about wanting to go to the academy and watches the setting of the two suns. That scene epitomizes what Star Wars is about to me. The best scene from all the films.

This

#20 Posted by hydralisk86 (8575 posts) -

Spoilers

When the Millenium Falcon and other fighter craft go inside the Death Star to destroy it.

#21 Edited by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

@Jd1680a: What is yours TC?

#22 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23732 posts) -

Battle of Hoth

#23 Edited by lamprey263 (24654 posts) -

oh, and if the Turkish Star Wars counts, then this...

#24 Posted by Jd1680a (5949 posts) -

@bowchicka07 said:

@Jd1680a: What is yours TC?

There is so many good scenes in the Star Wars series. I guess when Han Solo is frozen in carbonite scene would be most memberable for me.

#25 Posted by Kevlar101 (6553 posts) -

Everyone in this thread who answered "Luke, I am your father" are not as big of fans as they though...

....because he doesn't say that.

Luke told Vader that Yoda told him that Vader killed his father, which Vader then responded saying "No Luke, I am your father."

Get it right.

#26 Posted by Namgis (3591 posts) -

Mine is when Chewie strangles Lando. He deserved it.

@Kevlar101 said:

Everyone in this thread who answered "Luke, I am your father" are not as big of fans as they though...

....because he doesn't say that.

Luke told Vader that Yoda told him that Vader killed his father, which Vader then responded saying "No Luke, I am your father."

Get it right.

It's actually,

"No. I... am your father."

#27 Posted by Kevlar101 (6553 posts) -

@Namgis said:

Mine is when Chewie strangles Lando. He deserved it.

@Kevlar101 said:

Everyone in this thread who answered "Luke, I am your father" are not as big of fans as they though...

....because he doesn't say that.

Luke told Vader that Yoda told him that Vader killed his father, which Vader then responded saying "No Luke, I am your father."

Get it right.

It's actually,

"No. I... am your father."

At least I was aware.

#28 Edited by Namgis (3591 posts) -
@Kevlar101 said:

At least I was aware.

True. It's funny how many people have convinced themselves it's the other line. I blame GL for his constant tinkering. It's got me wondering if I really remember the originals at all.

-

I have another memorable moment.

The sad end to the most feared, ruthless bounty hunter in the galaxy. "Boba Fett, Boba Fett, where?"

#29 Edited by GeekInkINC (195 posts) -

When Luke's ship is levitated out of the swamp by the force. That's when I truly believed.

#30 Posted by foxhound_fox (89767 posts) -

The opening to Star Wars with the rebel cruiser fleeing the Imperial starship.

#31 Posted by Reaper4278 (338 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

The opening to Star Wars with the rebel cruiser fleeing the Imperial starship.

I was thinking the same thing. First impression was just jaw dropping.

#32 Posted by Serraph105 (28345 posts) -

That scene Bea Arthur at the bar. What a memorable moment.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXKySxPFCI

#33 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

When the emperor strikes Luke with Sith lightning.............

#34 Edited by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

@Jd1680a said:

@bowchicka07 said:

@Jd1680a: What is yours TC?

There is so many good scenes in the Star Wars series. I guess when Han Solo is frozen in carbonite scene would be most memberable for me.

Mine as well. It was an impromptu line as well. Done for the character.

One of the best.

@Namgis

I have another memorable moment

I hated that too. Jango as well though.