Mobile Phone Dillema...Suggestions Pleasssse????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rey-mistyrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 rey-mistyrio
Member since 2004 • 875 Posts

Ok so im looking for a new phone that is text friendly and all...

I was willing to buy the htc desire z (one with the sliding keyboard),,, until a few friends started telling me to shift to a black berry, (cause an android device will be just too redundant considering i already own an ipod touch 4g)

and i really am starting to see their point, due to the fact that i wont be benifiting from androids applications much cause i already have and ios4 device loaded with applications... so any suggestions...i would be very thankful

rey-mistyrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rey-mistyrio

oh no suggestions... anyone....

Avatar image for Victors_Valiant
Victors_Valiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Victors_Valiant
Member since 2010 • 398 Posts
I would stay away from Black Berry. I have heard a ton of people having problems with them not working correctly or breaking after a short while. It depends on what you want to do with your phone. If you are looking for a phone to mostly call and text on, I would stick with something cheaper. But if you are looking to do internet, apps, email, etc. I would go with an Android phone.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

I'm going to be picking up a Motorola Atrix when it's released;)

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Who's your carrier?
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

Buy one of those new fangled IPHONES. They don't even have buttons but numbers still appear on the screen. Very much intriguing.

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

My dad uses a Blackberry. I got an Android phone a few months ago. He wants to get a phone like mine now :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
Android is a much better mobile OS than Blackberry IMO. Besides, if it's redundant, that just means you only have to carry 1 device with you rather than 2. ;) You could sell the iTouch! :o If you're going to buy a smart phone though, choose from the best ones on the market since you're going to be locked into it for 2 years.
zero3one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 zero3one
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I have a Blackberry Torch. Love it, not a single issue. My brother and a lot of my friends (and his) also have Blackberry phones and nota single person has any issues. The interesting feature about the Blackberry is the ablitiy to text other Blackberry users for free. You can still have the same sort of apps the other phones get as well as play videos and music, take pics (with flash). I like the keyboard and find it more useful then the touchscreen keyboards.

rey-mistyrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rey-mistyrio
well thanks everyone for all your contributions... i guess most of you are in favour of an android or any cheaper device other than a blackberry.... i expected atleast a comment or two supporting BB since they are quite popular but probably people are shifting away from them or something... & zumajones i really dont know what your trying to say thanks again everyone
rey-mistyrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rey-mistyrio

I have a Blackberry Torch. Love it, not a single issue. My brother and a lot of my friends (and his) also have Blackberry phones and nota single person has any issues. The interesting feature about the Blackberry is the ablitiy to text other Blackberry users for free. You can still have the same sort of apps the other phones get as well as play videos and music, take pics (with flash). I like the keyboard and find it more useful then the touchscreen keyboards.

zero3one
some real good points , i posted my last comment b4 reading yours which is the first in favour of BBs thanks for contributing
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#12 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
if you really want a text friendly phone (something with a keyboard) your friends are on the right track with going with a blackberry.
zero3one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 zero3one
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

As the previous poster stated, if you are going to doing a lot of texting and have friends with Blackberry phones, I would lean towards getting one as well. Good luck in your search!