Mitch McConnell Ready To Give President Unlimited War Powers with No Expiration Date

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) put forward by McConnell would not restrict the president's use of ground troops, nor have any limits related to time or geography. Rather than being a favor to President Obama, this is primarily a means to ensure that whoever takes control in 2017 receives a blank check for unrestrained militarism with no expiration date. This is terrifying.

"It also would keep in place a broad AUMF from 2001 that never expired and that allows the president to take military action against anyone, anywhere, connected to the terrorists behind the 9/11 attacks."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-war-authorization-isis_us_56a115eae4b0404eb8f083d0

Three scenarios.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Sigh, knock it off troll. If true, this will never happen and you know it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gaming-Planet
@TheWalkingGhost said:

Sigh, knock it off troll. If true, this will never happen and you know it.

Did you only read the headline? Lol.

Look who is the one trolling. For you to question whether it's true or not is putting your head in the sand.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheWalkingGhost

@Gaming-Planet: I read your asinine post, stop dodging the facts.. This will never happen, so spare us your scaremongering.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gaming-Planet
@TheWalkingGhost said:

@Gaming-Planet: I read your asinine post, stop dodging the facts.. This will never happen, so spare us your scaremongering.

I didn't write it. Huffington Post wrote it and I summarized it for people like you with short attention spans, but clearly that did not work. Spare us your idiocy.

You must not know what the AUMF is. That's exactly what it grants you. How it is used is up to them.

PantsWearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 PantsWearer
Member since 2015 • 69 Posts

Oh my god. It's really actually maybe happening.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

I think if Obama had more control America would better off, the conservatives have done nothing but hamper our progress of success. But even with all the cock blocking, Obama has still destroyed his competition. The man is a beast feared by the middle-east. Now its time to elect their worst fear...a woman.

Also, lol at Mitch the bitch, tell that dude go fix my sandwich.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I'm glad they're preparing the presidency for Trump.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Honestly Mitch McConnell serves no purpose to the public now that Jon Stewart isn't around to mock him for being a turtle

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@mesome713 said:

I think if Obama had more control America would better off, the conservatives have done nothing but hamper our progress of success. But even with all the cock blocking, Obama has still destroyed his competition. The man is a beast feared by the middle-east. Now its time to elect their worst fear...a woman.

Him being a democrat doesn't automatically mean he would do what's best. The democrats are bought and paid for just like the republicans. Face it, neither party cares about the people, they want to make more money for them and their friends. Sanders seems like the most sincere candidate right now to me. I would never vote for Hillary.

OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

obvious USA just as evil as ISIS

war/terrorism generates money for the central banks....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@mesome713 said:

Him being a democrat doesn't automatically mean he would do what's best. The democrats are bought and paid for just like the republicans. Face it, neither party cares about the people, they want to make more money for them and their friends. Sanders seems like the most sincere candidate right now to me. I would never vote for Hillary.

Sanders is aight, but hes no liberal and hes no conservative dem like Obama either. True they are not perfect, but together they help make things better.

@OmegaTau said:

obvious USA just as evil as ISIS

war/terrorism generates money for the central banks....

America dont hide behind innocent women and children. We are nothing like them cowards.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Nothing like professing to be for small government while simultaneously preparing to give the president (that you hope will be of the same party soon) unlimited powers of war. Checks and balances be damned am I right? I think that other thread was right, Republicans really should just rename themselves the party of war.

GKMoggleMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GKMoggleMog
Member since 2015 • 351 Posts

So kinda like Palpatine's plot in the Star Wars prequels that eventually allows him to become Emperor?

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

What is this, I don't even..

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheWalkingGhost

@Gaming-Planet: Childish insults with ignoring the point, spare us your idiocy and stop, this hasn't passed nor will it. Stop altering the meaning of AUMF get out of your bomb shelter and grow up. Learn what is really going on here and stop copy and pasting whatever crap you find.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gaming-Planet
@TheWalkingGhost said:

@Gaming-Planet: Childish insults with ignoring the point, spare us your idiocy and stop, this hasn't passed nor will it. Stop altering the meaning of AUMF get out of your bomb shelter and grow up. Learn what is really going on here and stop copy and pasting whatever crap you find.

Passed the first time, who is to say it won't the second time with a revised bill? It's not like Obama is asking for it but McConnell certainly wants to. Just face it, you jumped to conclusions with your first post and looked like a total idiot. Didn't think you were that insecure and narcissistic to continue to defend yourself while derailing your point.

I never concluded what the president would do if he was granted with this bill and posted three scenarios as joke, and here you are panicking like the sky is falling and nukes are about to set off.

Also read the title and take your ADHD pills. I said "READY." This means sometime in the future. Stop with the assumptions before you embarrass yourself even more. Politics just isn't your expertise. It requires critical thinking, which you surely lack.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gaming-Planet
@Serraph105 said:

Nothing like professing to be for small government while simultaneously preparing to give the president (that you hope will be of the same party soon) unlimited powers of war. Checks and balances be damned am I right? I think that other thread was right, Republicans really should just rename themselves the party of war.

http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/cong.aspx

Republicans sure make up the majority. Can't argue with that.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

United States of Amnesia.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4262 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse: that argument doesn't work anymore. Are you saying a republican can work better than a democrat?? No. Unlikely. And oh btw, Hillary has way more influence and experience than Bernie. Should Bernie become nominee and be elected, I believe he won't be capable of doing much governing. Hillary, while more deep into political structure, will be able to do more. We've had failing bushes and mediocre Obama. Let's actually try something that actually may work this time, instead of an untried warrior like Bernie.

PantsWearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PantsWearer
Member since 2015 • 69 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:
I never concluded what the president would do if he was granted with this bill and posted three scenarios as joke, and here you are panicking like the sky is falling and nukes are about to set off.

The communist threat to America is no joke. As for the nuclear threat I say...

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@outworld222 said:

@Toxic-Seahorse: that argument doesn't work anymore. Are you saying a republican can work better than a democrat?? No. Unlikely. And oh btw, Hillary has way more influence and experience than Bernie. Should Bernie become nominee and be elected, I believe he won't be capable of doing much governing. Hillary, while more deep into political structure, will be able to do more. We've had failing bushes and mediocre Obama. Let's actually try something that actually may work this time, instead of an untried warrior like Bernie.

Hillary may be able to get things done, but are they things that are good for America? She's another corporate puppet, plain and simple. She will do what is best for her and her beneficiaries and thinking anything else is delusional. Bernie may not have the political connections or large corporate donors, but he's an honest person and I think that's exactly what we need right now more than anything. To hell with established corporate puppet presidents. America is sick of the major corporations and donors deciding who gets elected and what laws get passed. We need something different, not Hillary Clinton.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gaming-Planet

@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@outworld222 said:

Hillary may be able to get things done, but are they things that are good for America? She's another corporate puppet, plain and simple. She will do what is best for her and her beneficiaries and thinking anything else is delusional. Bernie may not have the political connections or large corporate donors, but he's an honest person and I think that's exactly what we need right now more than anything. To hell with established corporate puppet presidents. America is sick of the major corporations and donors deciding who gets elected and what laws get passed. We need something different, not Hillary Clinton.

Agreed.

They should be wearing nascar clothing.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Did you ever hear of checks and balances in the government to prevent one branch from having more power than the others. Obama has done every thing he set out to do. He ahs just about destroyed the country. The economy, foreign affairs, and the biggest one of uniting the country we are more divided than we ever were.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@JimB said:
@mesome713 said:

Did you ever hear of checks and balances in the government to prevent one branch from having more power than the others. Obama has done every thing he set out to do. He ahs just about destroyed the country. The economy, foreign affairs, and the biggest one of uniting the country we are more divided than we ever were.

See, thats were your ill informed, Obama has controlled one branch while Republican have controlled two branches of government. You want to blame someone for money problems? The house controls the money mate. Yall motherfackers write Obamas check. Also, foreign affiars have never been better, we bitch slapped Putin in front of the world and are about to top our what? Third Dictator from power? We a beast.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts
Loading Video...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts
@mesome713 said:

You want to blame someone for money problems? The house controls the money mate.

Unfortunately, you don't have to actually understand how something works to rail against it.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@mesome713 said:

They fear obama in the middle east? LOLOLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@n64dd: They sure cheer when they hear them drones coming.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N64DD

@mesome713 said:

@n64dd: They sure cheer when they hear them drones coming.

The middle east kind of laughs at obama. Look at the iran "deal".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@n64dd: The Persians are a proud nation and are acceptive to democracy, they have made great progress through the years and it would be wise for us to befriend them.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 N64DD

@mesome713 said:

@n64dd: The Persians are a proud nation and are acceptive to democracy, they have made great progress through the years and it would be wise for us to befriend them.

Uh huh.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gaming-Planet

@Storm_Marine said:
Loading Video...

Jar Jar was such an insider.