Microsoft Now Sells T-Shirts That Claim...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Hexagon_777 (19969 posts) -

Scroogled, as you certainly know, is a campaign by Microsoft to paint Google in a negative light when it comes to things like Gmail’s automatic scanning of incoming email to target advertisements. Google maintains that it doesn’t do so for sensitive categories such as bankruptcy. Microsoft also scans incoming email, but only to weed out malware and the like. This has always felt like a small distinction to me."

by TechCrunch

The above is only an excerpt. Here is the source.

That's really cute of Microsoft knowing how it was first to bend over for the NSA. What do you guys think?

...Google’s Chrome Steals Your Data.

"Microsoft has started to sell t-shirts, hats, mugs, and sweatshirts that bear slogans from its Scroogled campaign that needles Google as bad on privacy. I confirmed with the company that the clothing line was released today.

#2 Posted by deeliman (1863 posts) -

Source?

#3 Posted by Hexagon_777 (19969 posts) -

@deeliman said:

Source?

I am trying to post it but GlitchSpot is still buggy as hell. I have been away for weeks now and it's still crap.

#4 Posted by lostrib (26295 posts) -

well considering that whole Microsoft NSA business, they probably shouldn't be criticizing anyone

#5 Posted by Hexagon_777 (19969 posts) -

The old GameSpot was also glitchy but worlds better. More options, less glitchy. There is no excuse for this nonsense. I posted the bits that kept getting cut off at the top now. How the people who create this garbage keep their jobs is incomprehensible to me.

#6 Posted by GazaAli (21498 posts) -

That's pathetic, immature and highly unprofessional. Regardless, I'm surprised Microsoft has the nerve to attack Gmail considering how shitty its email service is in comparison. When it comes to the Internet, Google will dwarf anything Microsoft has to offer.

#7 Edited by ad1x2 (5236 posts) -

That's really cute of Microsoft knowing how it was first to bend over for the NSA. What do you guys think?

You say that like they had a choice, considering that they (along with the other companies named in the NSA leaks) were presented with a court order demanding the information as well as gag orders preventing them from revealing they were served. I doubt Microsoft's top executives wanted to go to jail for contempt just to make a few people who don't trust the government happy.

#8 Posted by Hexagon_777 (19969 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

You say that like they had a choice, considering that they (along with the other companies named in the NSA leaks) were presented with a court order demanding the information as well as gag orders preventing them from revealing they were served. I doubt Microsoft's top executives wanted to go to jail for contempt just to make a few people who don't trust the government happy.

And yet I have to wonder just how much of a fight Microsoft and the other companies put up. Also, reading what you wrote send chills down my back. What a creepy, creepy thing to do.

#9 Posted by musicalmac (21975 posts) -

I think they're all funny. If one company wants to make fun of another company, who's goal is to be "like the mind of God" and who feels that users aren't entitled to email privacy, that's just fine with me.

Go get 'em, MS.

#10 Posted by FelipeInside (24624 posts) -

The whole Scroogled Campaign and website was pretty well done and people need to know, but selling merchandise like they are doing now is ridiculous and taking it too far imo.