Mickey Rooney dies aged 93

#1 Posted by Trender_man (136 posts) -

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/06/mickey-rooney-dead/

"Mickey Rooney, who spent nearly his entire life in the show business, died today. He was 93."

"Rooney appeared most recently in "the Muppets" in 2011 with Amy Adams and Jason Segal and "Night at the Museum" in 2006 with Ben Stiller"

#2 Edited by SaintLeonidas (25922 posts) -

One of very few times I've heard someone in showbiz died when I already thought they had been dead...

#3 Posted by Stranger_36 (464 posts) -

RIP.

#4 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17081 posts) -

Happy the man got to live a full life.

May he R.I.P.

#5 Posted by sailor232 (4356 posts) -

93, well done.

#6 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14365 posts) -

One of very few times I've heard someone in showbiz died when I already thought they had been dead...

I'm waiting for the amount of surprised people when new comes of Abe Vigoda's passing.

Sad to hear about Mickey Rooney.

#7 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23159 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: I'd be more interested in knowing the number of people who actually know who Abe Vigoda is.

#8 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14365 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: I'd be more interested in knowing the number of people who actually know who Abe Vigoda is.

I'm old school. I remember him from Barney Miller reruns growing up.

And I just proved how old I am, being there's probably only a handful of people who know about Barney Miller.

#9 Posted by Korvus (2962 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: Was with you with Abe then you lost me at Barney Miller. Fine, you win this time grandpa =/

#10 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14365 posts) -

@korvus said:

@hallenbeck77: Was with you with Abe then you lost me at Barney Miller. Fine, you win this time grandpa =/

*In crochety old fart voice*

"In my day, our video games came with one button controllers and two colored graphics...and that's how we liked them, dadgummit!"

#11 Edited by Korvus (2962 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: Now you p*ssies call yourselves gamers, with your checkpoints and your saves, difficulty sliders and fancy-schmancy mods. Bet you little sh*ts couldn't even beat Contra!"

Sorry for derailing the thread. Shutting up now =X

#12 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

RIP

#13 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

I always loved his roles in movies. Sad to see him go, but at least he lived to a ripe old age before going.

#14 Edited by hippiesanta (9767 posts) -

his only movie that I actually watch

#15 Edited by Storm_Marine (10767 posts) -

dafuq is that?

#16 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

I don't know the guy, but I recognized his name thanks to that Seinfeld episode when Kramer goes to Californian to become an actor. Something about the three stooges and how that old lady was engaged to this Rooney who proceeded to leave her at the alter rofl

#17 Posted by AFBrat77 (24029 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas:

Yes, I thought he was long gone as well....in fact I thought Mickey Rooney would have been over 100 by now.

#18 Posted by AFBrat77 (24029 posts) -

He was in The Godfather as well, I remember him well, but then again I'm 52.

#19 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14365 posts) -

@AFBrat77 said:

@crimsonbrute said:

He was in The Godfather as well, I remember him well, but then again I'm 52.

I remember him in the final minutes of the first film, but I didn't know about that until I got much older.

#20 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14365 posts) -

I always loved his roles in movies. Sad to see him go, but at least he lived to a ripe old age before going.

I wonder if Turner Classic Movies will do some sort of retrospective about his life and career within the next few weeks. It'd be a shame if they didn't.

#21 Edited by MacaroniMoses (665 posts) -

"Bill like chicken!"

#22 Posted by JohnF111 (14048 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: Just googled him, Look Who's Talking... I never forget a face... even if i've only seen it once about 20 years ago.

#23 Edited by hippiesanta (9767 posts) -

@Storm_Marine said:

@hippiesanta said:

dafuq is that?

Breakfast at Tifanny's ........... amazing movie .... he put tape behind his eyes to look like a japanese ... lol

#24 Posted by benleslie5 (7734 posts) -

Only seen him in at least 3 movies

#25 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23159 posts) -

Breakfast at Tifanny's ........... amazing movie .... he put tape behind his eyes to look like a japanese ... lol

lol One of his more memorable roles.