Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@l34052: lol...good grief. You know, if it's true they will have to release stuff like hospital records. You sound beyond prejudiced though so probably no point even discussing this with you.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I'm still waiting for videos or pictures of Darren Wilson's injuries. I think that will really tell the true story.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#303 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Ferguson police at work trying to smear Michael Brown

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#304 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts

@l34052 said:

@Renevent42 said:

@l34052: and if it turns out to be true, what then?

tell me you're not that naive that you dont believe cops close rank on issues like this and protect each other all the time, even flat out lie about things to protect the gulty pig

Wow, quite the bias you have there. Nevermind that there is video and eyewitness evidence of Brown assaulting someone 10-15 minutes prior. Never mind that there are multiple witnesses who corroborate Wilson's version of what happened. Just an automatic that the "pigs" are lying.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#305  Edited By redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Both sides handled this poorly, but I am getting so tired of people always blaming cops for everything. Brown robs a convenience store and rushes a cop, but it is totally the cops fault for protecting himself, not the the aggressor. "Peaceful protesters" riot and loot, but it is the cops fault for tear gassing and arresting them, not the protesters fault for destroying their own community. Cops are just people, not some hive minded evil entity. They say and do stupid things on occasion, but they are not out to murder people and oppress the masses for no fucking reason. The officer who shot Brown will have his day in court and we will see what comes of that (contrary to popular belief, cops are held to the law). Rioting and looting and general crappy behaviour by the people of Furgeson only gives the racists another reason to think ill of black people.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#306  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: The protests are reported to be for Michael Brown, but also a city-wide issue consisting of the disconnect between the local law enforcement and civilian population. Some say it is an even larger issue with African Americans being mistreated by white Americans including policing officers and their claim of it having not be yet at an end. One could argue that the treatment of Don Lemon by an older white officer of the law in Ferguson is representative of that, but it would require a long and well-spoken explanation to be persuasive enough for consideration as anything more than jaded complaints.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@BranKetra said:

@LJS9502_basic: The protests are reported to be for Michael Brown, but also a city-wide issue consisting of the disconnect between the local law enforcement and civilian population. Some say it is an even larger issue with African Americans being mistreated by white America including policing officers and their claim that it has not ended. One could argue that the treatment of Don Lemon by an older white officer of the law is representative of that, but it would require a long and well-spoken explanation to be persuasive enough for consideration as anything more than jaded complaints.

Ever stop and think that maybe there's a reason why white america might treat black america like they do?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By Renevent42

@ProjectPat187: um...The robbery video has the date stamped right in it. Beyond that, they've also released the full robbery police report which anyone can read in its entirety. There's more I could say about your post, but frankly with so much of the basics completely wrong why bother?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@l34052 said:

@Renevent42 said:

@l34052: and if it turns out to be true, what then?

tell me you're not that naive that you dont believe cops close rank on issues like this and protect each other all the time, even flat out lie about things to protect the gulty pig

I think you live in your own little world.

Cops are just people, this guy robbed a store, and attacked a cop; injuring him severely.

The cop simply defended himself as any sane person would.

One less thug in the world.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Just going to put this here.

Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown, says source

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
@ProjectPat187 said:

This is happening right here in my city, I stay right next to Ferguson, and I must say the media really specializes in telling lies, most of those idiot looters are people who dont even stay in the state of Missouri let alone Ferguson.

Then you are watching the wrong news source, because my news is telling it like it is. That most if not all of the looters are from other parts of the country like California and New York.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

This is happening right here in my city, I stay right next to Ferguson, and I must say the media really specializes in telling lies, most of those idiot looters are people who dont even stay in the state of Missouri let alone Ferguson.

Then you are watching the wrong news source, because my news is telling it like it is. That most if not all of the looters are from other parts of the country like California and New York.

You just confirmed what I just said, most of the looters are not people from Ferguson, What part didnt you understand? And they are not just from California and New York there are from other parts of the country too.

In other words, your news source is wrong.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Renevent42

Projectpat...try reading his post this time slowly. Then read your post, the part he quoted, then read his reply again. Reading comprehension is good for productive conversation.

Ah who am I kidding. ..With the drivel you've already posted you're never going to get it lol.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 ProjectPat187

@Renevent42 said:

Projectpat...try reading his post this time slowly. Then read your post, the part he quoted, then read his reply again. Reading comprehension is good for productive conversation.

Ah who am I kidding. ..With the drivel you've already posted you're never going to get it lol.

Troll fail, you trying to hard. Troll it down a bit and try again?

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 MakeMeaSammitch

Love how this topic cooled down as more information came out that showed that the cop was in the right.

Cowards on this site thought this would just be a free for all to bash cops and then they end up in the wrong.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@ProjectPat187 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

You just confirmed what I just said, most of the looters are not people from Ferguson, What part didnt you understand? And they are not just from California and New York there are from other parts of the country too.

In other words, your news source is wrong.

No...what part of what I said did YOU not understand? I clearly understood what you said, which is why I said what I said. Try rereading what I said.

EDIT: Here is a hint. I was agreeing with you and saying you need to change channels to another news source. One that is telling you the truth (that the looters aren't from ferguson). And yes I know they are from other places besides cali and new york. I was just simply mentioning those as examples of places the looters are from.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Renevent42

/facepalm

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 ProjectPat187

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Love how this topic cooled down as more information came out that showed that the cop was in the right.

Cowards on this site thought this would just be a free for all to bash cops and then they end up in the wrong.

When the cop goes to jail for murder are you gonna cry like a bitch when justice is served?

Avatar image for DrKillByDeath84
DrKillByDeath84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 DrKillByDeath84
Member since 2011 • 357 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@Aljosa23: Vancouver riots in 2011 after they lost in the Stanley Cup finals to Boston. Same thing happened in 1994. Heck, just about every derby match in European soccer you'll have rioting and hooliganism. The match with Bastia vs. Marseille last weekend had 40+ cops injured. These are mostly white people, too.

Its only acceptable when whites do it.

Rioting, looting, hooliganism etc, are never acceptable, put your race card back in the deck.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 AmazonTreeBoa
@ProjectPat187 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

When the cop goes to jail for murder are you gonna cry like a bitch when justice is served?

And are you going to cry like a bitch if it comes out the cop was justified?

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Disregard...

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Renevent42

@tocool340: I read that as the police chief ordered the cameras, but had not deployed them yet.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 tocool340
@Renevent42 said:

@tocool340: I read that as the police chief ordered the cameras, but had not deployed them yet.

Yeah I just reread that and tried deleting my post but Gamespot won't let me lol...
ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By ProjectPat187
@AmazonTreeBoa said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

No because the cop will not come out justified because there is too much evidence to prove his cold blooded murder. You do know they have confiscated cell phone cameras showing what the cop did right? Get ready to shed those tears when your killer cop hero gets the punishment he deserves and goes to hell. I understand why you support this cruel excuse for a human being because just like that cop you are bitch made, Ill be sure to check on you to see how you feel........naw no I wont, **** yo feelings hahahahaha.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 MakeMeaSammitch

@ProjectPat187 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

That's not how the evidence is looking right now. Thug robbed a store, witnesses say he rushed the cop, forensics says the bullet holes indicate defense.

Thugs burning in hell, cop is free to go.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#332  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

No...what part of what I said did YOU not understand? I clearly understood what you said, which is why I said what I said. Try rereading what I said.

EDIT: Here is a hint. I was agreeing with you and saying you need to change channels to another news source. One that is telling you the truth (that the looters aren't from ferguson). And yes I know they are from other places besides cali and new york. I was just simply mentioning those as examples of places the looters are from.

Mr. 187 runs his mouth before he runs his mind. There's no reason to take him seriously.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By ProjectPat187
@AmazonTreeBoa said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

No because the cop will not come out justified because there is too much evidence to prove his cold blooded murder. You do know they have confiscated cell phone cameras with what the cop did right? Get ready to shed those tears when your killer cop hero gets the punishment he deserves and goes to hell. Ill be sure to check on you to see how you feel........naw no I wont, **** yo feelings hahahahaha.

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

That's not how the evidence is looking right now. Thug robbed a store, witnesses say he rushed the cop, forensics says the bullet holes indicate defense.

Thugs burning in hell, cop is free to go.

Im sorry to tell you, you dont have a clue what you are talking about. Just wait until the evidence comes out and when the cop is in jail you will know all that BS Ferguson made up that you believe is not gonna save the killer cop from the truth.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#334 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Huh? This topic has only cooled down because discussion has shifted to the protests. Plus, both sides initially went on pretty much nothing but assumptions, and feelings have shifted as more information has come out. As they always do in these cases. Whether or not Wilson is found to have been in the right or wrong, the cop "bashing" is still incredibly justified given the way they handled the case and the protesting. And at this point there is still no saying one way or the other how this will play out.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Huh? This topic has only cooled down because discussion has shifted to the protests. Plus, both sides initially went on pretty much nothing but assumptions, and feelings have shifted as more information has come out. As they always do in these cases. Whether or not Wilson is found to have been in the right or wrong, the cop "bashing" is still incredibly justified given the way they handled the case and the protesting. And at this point there is still no saying one way or the other how this will play out.

I don't know why you validate these stormfronters...

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

Rubber Bullets, Tear Gas and Jail: Ferguson Police Crack Down on Journalists Covering Protests

Protests over the fatal police shooting of unarmed 18-year-old Michael Brown have continued for a 10th night in Ferguson, Missouri. Protesters are calling for the arrest of Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, who shot the unarmed teenager six times, including twice in the head. According to The New York Times, Attorney General Eric Holder and top Justice Department officials are weighing whether to open a broader civil rights investigation to look at Ferguson’s police practices at large. Meanwhile, the Committee to Protect Journalists has called on the Ferguson Police Department to stop harassing and detaining journalists. At least 11 journalists have been detained while covering the protests sparked by the shooting of Brown. We speak to Ryan Devereaux of The Intercept. On Monday night covering the demonstrations, he was shot by a rubber bullet, arrested and jailed overnight.

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/8/20/rubber_bullets_tear_gas_and_jail

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Why do you automatically assume he was the not the guilty party?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Apparently a source just came forward saying the officer was severely beaten before shooting Michael Brown.

If this is indeed true then the officer was justified in using lethal force.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#342 PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

@airshocker said:

Apparently a source just came forward saying the officer was severely beaten before shooting Michael Brown.

If this is indeed true then the officer was justified in using lethal force.

Which is what everybody pretty much knew in the first place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Wow, there really are some pieces of shit in this thread. Regardless of how you feel on the matter, wishing for harm to come to this police officer makes you look insane. It doesn't help your cause one bit. If the officer did something wrong a jury of his peers will decide that. Right now, though, it looks as if he was indeed justified.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@LostProphetFLCL said:

The dumbass cops have mishandled the protests enough to make themselves look beyond idiotic now though. Had they not fucked that part up, the people of Ferguson would likely be looking so stupid here in the near future.

Seriously. These guys definitely fucked up the response to the protests.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#345 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@The_Last_Ride: Why do you automatically assume he was the not the guilty party?

He was unarmed... Nothing about that warrants six fucking shots

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By Renevent42
@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Brain dead answer. We still don't know everything yet so still early to make a definitive decision, but there are scenarios that would warrant it. For instance, if what was leaked is true, that would be a reason to use deadly force.

Just as a reminder what is being said is Michael Brown strong arm robbed the store, and at some point during the stop the officer suspected him of it (something about seeing MB carrying the cigars). At that point, MB pushed the cop back in the car, broke his face (literally), wrested over his gun (which might have went off in the car), then ran off. When the cop got out to stop him, MB turned and taunted him, then charged him and at that point the cop starting shooting and didn't take him down until the shot that hit MB's head.

Keep in mind I am not saying that is what happened for certain, but it is a scenario that seems to be getting more traction and certainly one where the cop's use of force is warranted. Being unarmed doesn't mean there isn't anything you can do that would not rightfully get you killed by the cops. Certainly physically assaulting the officer, wrestling over his gun, and then charging him would be one of those scenarios.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

It doesn't matter if he was unarmed. The guy was 6'4 and weighed closed to 300 pounds. If he charged the police officer, as is alleged, the officer is justified in using lethal force. Hell, if someone that big had charged me I would use lethal force. I'm not going to be crushed to death by someone that big.

Your problem is that you think someone being unarmed means police aren't allowed to use lethal force. That's incorrect.

If the subject is acting hostile, has the capability of doing serious bodily harm, and the police officer believes he is in danger, HE IS LEGALLY ALLOWED TO USE DEADLY FORCE.

As you can see on the picture the left side is the SUBJECT ACTION side. In laymens terms, it means what the subject is doing. If Michael Brown CHARGED the officer that immediately goes to Orange. Considering Michael Brown was so large, the case can certainly be made that he could kill the officer with his bare hands. Thus the officer is legally allowed to use deadly force.

You really need to calm down and educate yourself on the matter before you make anymore stupid posts.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 tocool340

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Charging at someone in an attempt to do bodily harm while being fully aware that they are packing heat means you get whatever the hell is coming to you whether you're unarmed or not. Only someone who's looking to die would do that...

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Renevent42
@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

It doesn't matter if he was unarmed. The guy was 6'4 and weighed closed to 300 pounds. If he charged the police officer, as is alleged, the officer is justified in using lethal force. Hell, if someone that big had charged me I would use lethal force. I'm not going to be crushed to death by someone that big.

Your problem is that you think someone being unarmed means police aren't allowed to use lethal force. That's incorrect.

If the subject is acting hostile, has the capability of doing serious bodily harm, and the police officer believes he is in danger, HE IS LEGALLY ALLOWED TO USE DEADLY FORCE.

As you can see on the picture the left side is the SUBJECT ACTION side. In laymens terms, it means what the subject is doing. If Michael Brown CHARGED the officer that immediately goes to Orange. Considering Michael Brown was so large, the case can certainly be made that he could kill the officer with his bare hands. Thus the officer is legally allowed to use deadly force.

You really need to calm down and educate yourself on the matter before you make anymore stupid posts.

To add to that, if the reports are to believed, he had already assaulted the officer as well (fractured orbital...serious injury) and they wrestled over the cop's gun. I think those two point alone, if true, would be cause enough.