Men: do you shave your chest? Women: how do you feel about that?

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by junglist101 (5453 posts) -

Guys of OT: do you shave your chest, arms or any parts of your body? Do you shave everything and are practicaly hairless?

Ladies of OT: how do you feel about men who shave their chest and arms? Do you have to shave your chest?:PWhat about men who shave most of their body hair?

As for myself I pretty much shave everything except for my legs. I workout alot and think it looks nicer, my wife also prefers me that way.

#2 Posted by hadoken (2730 posts) -

Guys of OT: do you shave your chest, arms or any parts of your body? Do you shave everything and are practicaly hairless?

Ladies of OT: how do you feel about men who shave their chest and arms? Do you have to shave your chest?:PWhat about men who shave most of their body hair?

As for myself I pretty much shave everything except for my legs. I workout alot and think it looks nicer, my wife also prefers me that way.

junglist101
the old spice guy does it, so that means i should too!
#3 Posted by BATTOSAI76 (4084 posts) -

Aside from two or three unruly hairs on my shoulders, none. I tried the chest thing once, it just ended up stubbly and painful the next day. And besides, I like my arm hair, its flat and dark, compliments my dark skin.

#4 Posted by funkyzoom (1423 posts) -

I'd really like to shave every last bit of hair on my body, except for my head of course. But its too time consuming, so I've just let it be. I do shave my facial hair, though. Facial hair is just too damn uncomfortable and irritating.

#5 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
I don't have any chest hair to shave.
#6 Posted by MrsSolidSnake (4902 posts) -

It's kinda weird if a guys shaves anything expect their face and trims their pubes. I like 'em hairy (ish)

#7 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

every now and again i shave my legs not often.and i shave pubes and butt hair thats about it.i have no arm hair or chest hair or facial hair,and i prefer to keep it that way

#8 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22108 posts) -

I don't have any chest hair to shave.Lonelynight
lucky:(

#9 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

I only shave my face, apart for my eyebrows. I have shaved my chest, arms and legs before but I didn't like the feel of having no hair so I let it grow back.

#10 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17567 posts) -
No chest hair to shave.
#11 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
-pluck out the very few chest hairs that pop up (they look ridiculous IMO) -pluck eyebrow hair that grows in center -leave 'belly hair' alone -trim downstairs -shave armpits
#12 Posted by TheFatPerson (1791 posts) -

-pluck out the very few chest hairs that pop up (they look ridiculous IMO) -pluck eyebrow hair that grows in center -leave 'belly hair' alone -trim downstairs -shave armpitsrawsavon

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. I used to get flack from my family for doing it because it's not "natural" and guys aren't supposed to do it.

I kept thinking "Wow...? You'd rather see me with a unibrow looking like a caveman?"

#13 Posted by Artekus (15700 posts) -

It's kinda weird if a guys shaves anything expect their face and trims their pubes.

MrsSolidSnake

This. Not sure why so many men want to look like pre-pubescent boys.

#14 Posted by evildead6789 (6974 posts) -
i'm a man in my thirties and pretty much hairless on chest back arms, the rest is normal, nice hair on my scalp too. guys with chesthair and/or body hair are a step down in the evolutionary ladder to me, i like them though, i like monkeys too.
#15 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34088 posts) -

Only thing I shave is my face. Never shave my chest.

#16 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -
I got a hairy chest and I like it. Never had complaints about it either.
#17 Posted by Nicksonman (1221 posts) -
Yes, I pretty much shave everything. It's way better.
#18 Posted by pygmahia5 (7408 posts) -
no because i dont need to pamper myself like ryan seacrest. im already happy with how i look.
#19 Posted by evildead6789 (6974 posts) -

every now and again i shave my legs not often.and i shave pubes and butt hair thats about it.i have no arm hair or chest hair or facial hair,and i prefer to keep it that way

almasdeathchild
The one about christian girls , i rofl'd
#20 Posted by Nicksonman (1221 posts) -
no because i dont need to pamper myself like ryan seacrest. im already happy with how i look. pygmahia5
I only do it cause the girls prefer it. It definitely contributes to them wanting to come back for more.
#21 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

No it would just itch like hell a few days later when it started to grow back.

#22 Posted by pygmahia5 (7408 posts) -
[QUOTE="pygmahia5"]no because i dont need to pamper myself like ryan seacrest. im already happy with how i look. Nicksonman
I only do it cause the girls prefer it. It definitely contributes to them wanting to come back for more.

well thats not generalizing at all. i know plenty of girls that think its plain weird and hate it.
#23 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9325 posts) -

Nah, I don't have that much hair on my chest just a thin line.

#24 Posted by junglist101 (5453 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nicksonman"][QUOTE="pygmahia5"]no because i dont need to pamper myself like ryan seacrest. im already happy with how i look. pygmahia5

well thats not generalizing at all. i know plenty of girls that think its plain weird and hate it.

I think that many women say they don't like it but once they have a guy who does they realise they like it, especially if the guy is fit. It only doesn't look good on guys with really thick hair that leaves stubble when they shave. That looks nasty

#25 Posted by Nicksonman (1221 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nicksonman"][QUOTE="pygmahia5"]no because i dont need to pamper myself like ryan seacrest. im already happy with how i look. pygmahia5

Not generalising. Talking about the girls I've come across. If I relocated to a place where most of the girls loved a hairy chest, I wouldn't shave.
#26 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
[QUOTE="rawsavon"] -shave armpits

won't your armpit itch?
#27 Posted by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

no, i am against any practice that progresively transforms man into biebers

#28 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] -shave armpits

won't your armpit itch?

No, no 'itch' + sweat less and smell better. (I assume the same for girls 'no itch')
#29 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
my hair is very chesty
#30 Posted by SolidSnake35 (57962 posts) -
I comb it and style it with some wax.
#31 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4359 posts) -
Barely have any chest hair, not much point in shaving it.
#32 Posted by Horgen (109965 posts) -
No... Why should I?
#33 Posted by junglist101 (5453 posts) -

my hair is very chestyJandurin
Like this

#34 Posted by Barbariser (6705 posts) -

I have a completely hairless upper body, no point cutting anything off that.

#35 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
omg werewolf
#36 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] -shave armpits

won't your armpit itch?

No, no 'itch' + sweat less and smell better. (I assume the same for girls 'no itch')

how do you shave it? I tried shaving it, but it itch liked hell, so I just trimmed.
#37 Posted by hgasf006 (165 posts) -

No, I don't have much hair there anyways.

#38 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

Nope

#39 Posted by junglist101 (5453 posts) -

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"] won't your armpit itch? Lonelynight

how do you shave it? I tried shaving it, but it itch liked hell, so I just trimmed.

Some people just have more sensitive skin. I think it's better just to use clippers in the underarm. If you cut it short you'll get that cleaner feel minus the itch.

#40 Posted by LustForSoul (5790 posts) -
I wouldn't shave my chest but arm pits, yes.
#41 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

I shave my chest, my arm pits and my man zones. On summer, I also shave my legs.

#42 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] No, no 'itch' + sweat less and smell better. (I assume the same for girls 'no itch')junglist101

Some people just have more sensitive skin. I think it's better just to use clippers in the underarm. If you cut it short you'll get that cleaner feel minus the itch.

yeah, you can do that (just buzz it like hair in your head). I shave it every couple weeks...WITH the grain, not against
#43 Posted by sonicare (53444 posts) -

I dont have much to shave, but I have.

#44 Posted by Celldrax (14532 posts) -

F*ck that... I've got too much body hair to shave regularly.....not that I probably would anyway.

#45 Posted by Drakes_Fortune (5259 posts) -
I shave my chest and ass. Im too much hairy.
#46 Posted by ModernMuhCow (423 posts) -
Im 16. I don't have chest hairs... Yet...
#47 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -
nope.
#48 Posted by Collecian (263 posts) -

No, why would a guy shave his chest?

#49 Posted by Nicksonman (1221 posts) -

Collecian
Google image "male model". Then, find me one girl who would agree that these guys would look better with hair.
#50 Posted by Mikey132 (5101 posts) -

[QUOTE="Collecian"]

Nicksonman

Google image "male model". Then, find me one girl who would agree that these guys would look better with hair.

Chest Hair is sexy to some girls. Last girl I was with said she never liked chest hair, but mine was perfect. Imagine that. I could braid mine if I wanted, but I'd never shave it, never.

I'm too sexy for my chest, too sexy for my chest......