Medical Advice on Uvula - OT Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts

Yup, the little punching bag in the back of your throat. I recovered from a severe fever combo'ed with a sore throat for the past week. I basically have slept 2/3's of this past week and ate basically nothing, but drank plenty of fluids.

Reovery is almost over!... Except, during this crappy week, my ulula was swollen and irratated. That sucked it felt like you were gagging on somethign non stop. So the swelling went down a little but now it has this milky whitish bulge on it. Its disgusting and sore. Someone said it was a scab or a ulula version of one which will go away. Another said it was a oral lymphoepithelial cyst. Don't ask me what that is because I have no idea.

So yea... its gross, irritating, and annoying. Grace me with your brilliance OT! :D

What might it be and what do I do? And besides "go ter yer doctorz" he basically said nothing useful...

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
Could be a canker sore. Either way, if your doctor wasn't worried about it, I wouldn't worry about it either.
bigse63xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bigse63xy
Member since 2007 • 942 Posts
I just want to know what the point of having a uvula is.
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KaptainKernal

Could be a canker sore. Either way, if your doctor wasn't worried about it, I wouldn't worry about it either.GabuEx

Thanks for trying,:) I thought it might be but I know some people who have had those and they say they hurt really bad. Mine is kind of sore and swollen.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Thanks for trying,:) I thought it might be but I know some people who have had those and they say they hurt really bad. Mine is kind of sore and swollen.

KaptainKernal

I'm one of those people who have had canker sores. :P They're more sore and annoying than cripplingly painful for the most part. If it's swollen, though, that probably isn't a canker sore.

Either way though, I wouldn't worry about it. I think you'll live.

KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KaptainKernal
[QUOTE="KaptainKernal"]

GabuEx

I'm one of those people who have had canker sores. :P They're more sore and annoying than cripplingly painful for the most part. If it's swollen, though, that probably isn't a canker sore.

Yeah, I don't think I'll keel over in the next few minutes, but it is rather bothersome. It feels like an alien in my own body...

*suddenly keels over and an Alien from Aliens pops out to wreck havoc on humanity*

VacantPsalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VacantPsalm
Member since 2008 • 3600 Posts
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

KaptainKernal

Yeah, I don't think I'll keel over in the next few minutes, but it is rather bothersome. It feels like an alien in my own body...

*suddenly keels over and an Alien from Aliens pops out to wreck havoc on humanity*

Hm, I wonder if having an alien burst from your Uvula would kill you. Also how much harm it could cause to humanity if it was able to fit in a uvula in the first place.
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KaptainKernal
[QUOTE="KaptainKernal"][QUOTE="GabuEx"]

VacantPsalm

Hm, I wonder if having an alien burst from your Uvula would kill you. Also how much harm it could cause to humanity if it was able to fit in a uvula in the first place.

What if it then consumed my body and now was human size! Zomg!:shock:

VacantPsalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VacantPsalm
Member since 2008 • 3600 Posts
[QUOTE="VacantPsalm"]Hm, I wonder if having an alien burst from your Uvula would kill you. Also how much harm it could cause to humanity if it was able to fit in a uvula in the first place.KaptainKernal

What if it then consumed my body and now was human size! Zomg!:shock:

That'd be quite impressive, something that small eating something that big.
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KaptainKernal
Fast Metabolism. Nuff Said. :P
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

Yup, the little punching bag in the back of your throat. I recovered from a severe fever combo'ed with a sore throat for the past week. I basically have slept 2/3's of this past week and ate basically nothing, but drank plenty of fluids.

Reovery is almost over!... Except, during this crappy week, my ulula was swollen and irratated. That sucked it felt like you were gagging on somethign non stop. So the swelling went down a little but now it has this milky whitish bulge on it. Its disgusting and sore. Someone said it was a scab or a ulula version of one which will go away. Another said it was a oral lymphoepithelial cyst. Don't ask me what that is because I have no idea.

So yea... its gross, irritating, and annoying. Grace me with your brilliance OT! :D

What might it be and what do I do? And besides "go ter yer doctorz" he basically said nothing useful...

KaptainKernal

I had one once, for about a week and a half. I kept accidentally swallowing on it. It's just swollen.