May I present.....The Pixar Theory

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

Linkification

This guy made a theory that ALL of the current pixar movies follow a single timeline they are all connected. 

it's awesome

WARNING: it is a LONG read, so if you're going to read, prepare to commit.

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by GamingVengeance (1874 posts) -
not gonna read the whole thing but thats pretty cool
#3 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

will have to read this when I get a chance. On a similar note, I believe all of tarantino's movies can be connected

#4 Posted by Samurai_Xavier (4364 posts) -

will have to read this when I get a chance. On a similar note, I believe all of tarantino's movies can be connected

lostrib

Tarantino has confirmed it. Its called the Tarantino-verse.

As for Pixar, I really doubt it. 

#5 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

Samurai_Xavier

although Pixar does enjoy making references to previous and/or future movies in their films

#6 Posted by mattbbpl (10909 posts) -
That man is a contortionist.
#7 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
I think pixar likes putting easter eggs in all its' movies, and tidbits of the past and future movies, but it's a neat theory anyway.
#8 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

although Pixar does enjoy making references to previous and/or future movies in their films

in the theory, it explains how and why the references happen. like i remember saying out loud "holy shit" because i was just amazed at the connections. not saying it's true but my god, it's awesome
#9 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

Interesting premiss and I think I can see some of the connections from the movies I have seen. I might have to watch them all to see. I have seen 3 of them and bits of another and that is it. 

#10 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6862 posts) -
Someone has too much time on their hands but pretty cool nonetheless.
#11 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
Someone has too much time on their hands but pretty cool nonetheless. Shottayouth13-
he just has one giant imagination there
#12 Posted by Evil_Saluki (4940 posts) -

Never managed to sit through a pixar movie but I'm sure it's bollocks. I could probably connect mario to street fighter if you gave me time.

#13 Posted by Alpha_S_ (390 posts) -

I've seen these theories before, and while Pixar certainly likes easter eggs and tossing in references to their other works I've always found such theories to be overreaching and reading much too deep into it.  Fun to think about though. 

#14 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

Never managed to sit through a pixar movie but I'm sure it's bollocks. I could probably connect mario to street fighter if you gave me time.

Evil_Saluki
calling it bollocks and not even reading it.
#15 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

I hope a video gets made on this for us lazy folk.

#16 Posted by ferrari2001 (17296 posts) -
Pretty cool little theory. I doubt pixar actually intended any of that but it's fun speculation anyways.
#17 Posted by HomicidalCherry (959 posts) -

That's really clever.  It's obviously not intentional, but I don't think that really matters when the theory holds together.

#18 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Interesting.
#19 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

That's really clever.  It's obviously not intentional, but I don't think that really matters when the theory holds together.

HomicidalCherry
exactly