Massive terror plot uncovered in UK

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

LINK

The Birmingham bomb plotters convicted today had the means, will and know-how to carry out mass murder in what detectives say could have been the biggest terror attack on Britain "in a generation".

The three principal drivers behind the plot were men who initially sounded an unlikely trio to carry out such an atrocity.

Irfan Naseer, 31, was an overweight, unemployed pharmacy graduate - with the nicknames Chubbs and Big Irfan - who according to his own mother was "a mummy's boy".

The father of Irfan Khalid, 27, said a medical condition would have made it unlikely he could have taken any practical part in carrying out the attack, while Ashik Ali, 29, was registered partially sighted.

There were calamitous moments as they worked on their murderous plot. They tried to raise money through bogus charity collections but ended up losing thousands playing foreign currency markets and had to apply for loans.

And a note setting out the requirements for their homemade explosives was supposed to have been burned in a pan, but the process produced so much smoke it was never properly destroyed.

Senior investigating officer Detective Inspector Adam Gough said the men were "the real deal" and, if successful in detonating their devices, would have perpetrated "another 9/11 or another 7/7 in the UK".

It was Naseer's training in chemistry - and later training at a Pakistani terror camp - which gave him the know-how to draw up a blueprint of a viable improvised explosive device.

Yahoo News

Never did like Birmingham,overcrowded and filled with Muslims,honestly never felt like a minority before.

NOTE:For those who don't know Birmingham is the 2nd largest city in the UK and has one of the largest Islamic communities 

#2 Posted by Celldrax (14680 posts) -

Reading through that, it just seems so comical...

Good thing they were caught though if they really did have the ability to pull this off.

#3 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3524 posts) -

One reason you don't like birmingham is because a lot of muslims live there? Thats a lil fvcked up

#4 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

One reason you don't like birmingham is because a lot of muslims live there? Thats a lil fvcked up

DaJuicyMan

Its intimidating  when you walk around and see shop signs all in Arabic and everyone dressed in Arabic clothes,speaking Arabic languages-you just feel out of place.

#5 Posted by LazySloth718 (2332 posts) -

Lemme guess, they used a charismatic agent to find anyone willing to go along with the plot, and these 3 slobs turned up.

Basically entrapment.

FBI does it often.

Bottom line, if you left these 3 guys alone (no agent, no nothing) would they be able (or willing) to pull anything off?

Doubtful.

#6 Posted by wis3boi (31591 posts) -

Lemme guess, they used a charismatic agent to find anyone willing to go along with the plot, and these 3 slobs turned up.

Basically entrapment.

FBI does it often.

Bottom line, if you left these 3 guys alone (no agent, no nothing) would they be able (or willing) to pull anything off?

Doubtful.

LazySloth718

:lol: wow.  Seriously, stop posting

#7 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -

[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"]

sexyweapons

Its intimidating  when you walk around and see shop signs all in Arabic and everyone dressed in Arabic clothes,speaking Arabic languages-you just feel out of place.

Arabic? There are very few Arabs on the UK. Most of the muslims in the UK are from South Asia, so I'd be really surprised if they were speaking Arabic and the signs were in Arabic. Also, what's "Arabic clothes" ?

#8 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"]

Nayef_shroof

Arabic? There are very few Arabs on the UK. Most of the muslims in the UK are from South Asia, so I'd be really surprised if they were speaking Arabic and the signs were in Arabic. Also, what's "Arabic clothes" ?

you know...those scary lookin turbans. they MUST be hiding something under there

#9 Posted by comp_atkins (31608 posts) -

all i can think of..

stupid_terrorists.jpeg

#10 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

rocinante_

you know...those scary lookin turbans. they MUST be hiding something under there

Yeah...Considering that the vast majority of Arabs don't wear turbans, that's an interesting assumption :P
#11 Posted by JohnF111 (14099 posts) -

You should see Blackburn, it's like you somehow warped to an asian country.

#12 Posted by Crunchy_Nuts (2749 posts) -
After watching four lions I can not take terrorists seriously. As for Birmingham, yes, there are large parts of it which are essentially muslim ghettos.
#13 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"]

Nayef_shroof

Look I'm not a fvcking expert,their words are just squiggly lines to me,I just presume their Arabic.
#14 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

There are very few Arabs on the UK.

Nayef_shroof

You are incorrect. I live in London and I've met a damn good amount of arabs in my time here, as well as south asians, etc. I'm half moroccan myself....

#15 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

When will Moslem extremists ever learn? Also - nice to see the UK Moslem community denouncing this...

#16 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

I live on the edge of Birmingham, there are some rough areas and ethnically segregated areas, Just like all the major cities in England. But its a nice place to live its a big city and shouldn't be tarnished with the actions of a few.

#17 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

Basically entrapment.

FBI does it often.

Doubtful.

LazySloth718
That is just.....no.
#18 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

When will Moslem extremists ever learn?

kingkong0124
Your avy goes perfectly with that statement.
#19 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -

Reminds me of Four Lions.

3102648_o.gif

#20 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

FEAR the terrorist! give up more rights for these "people" fear them, FEAR! 

#21 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

Some people needed better parenting while growing up.

#22 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
religion of peace
#23 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

There are very few Arabs on the UK.

NirdBerd

You are incorrect. I live in London and I've met a damn good amount of arabs in my time here, as well as south asians, etc. I'm half moroccan myself....

Even though Maghrebis (North West Africans) are also considered Arabs, the population of Arabs in the UK is still very small. London is approximately 40-45 % minority, so you're bound to find numerous ethnicities/races in the city