Marine Who Urinated on Taliban Dead Says He'd Do It Again

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

He's an idiot.

#3 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150480 posts) -
And this is thread worthy.....why?
#4 Posted by KC_Hokie (16099 posts) -
And this is thread worthy.....why?LJS9502_basic
It's funny. And since when is there some grand standard for threads here. I've seen threads talking about people's favorite color.
#5 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

And this is thread worthy.....why?LJS9502_basic

Maybe because KC_Hokie finds this interesting and wants to discuss it? :?

#6 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150480 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]And this is thread worthy.....why?GreySeal9

What's to discuss? He did it...he said it.
#7 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]And this is thread worthy.....why?KC_Hokie
It's funny. And since when is there some grand standard for threads here. I've seen threads talking about people's favorite color.

Apparently GameSpot OT is serious business.

#8 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]And this is thread worthy.....why?LJS9502_basic

If you're not interested in the thread, you should probably just avoid it. There's nothing gained in complaining about it.

#9 Posted by killzowned24 (7302 posts) -
pissing on someone who was trying to kill you and your friends is not that big of a deal.
#10 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

pissing on someone who was trying to kill you and your friends is not that big of a deal.killzowned24

Not a huge deal, but it's pretty stupid.

#11 Posted by Renevent42 (5146 posts) -
Kinda conflicted on this one...while I think there's probably ways to behave in a combat zone I also think this is f'ing war and this is the kind of stuff that happens when you send people to kill other people.
#12 Posted by DrKillByDeath84 (376 posts) -

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]pissing on someone who was trying to kill you and your friends is not that big of a deal.GreySeal9

It's even more stupid when you do it while someone is recording you, but i understand why he did it.

#13 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

gahh, what enjoyment does that even bring to him? you have to be sick in the head to what he/they did...and these are some of the people who are in the military

#14 Posted by Aljosa23 (24782 posts) -

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]pissing on someone who was trying to kill you and your friends is not that big of a deal.GreySeal9

It's only stupid if you get caught.

I don't really care either way considering there's way worse things the Marines have done.

#15 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]pissing on someone who was trying to kill you and your friends is not that big of a deal.DrKillByDeath84

It's even more stupid when you do it while someone is recording you, but i understand why he did it.

On some level, I also understand why he did it, but I think people should hold themselves to higher standards.

#16 Posted by Jazz_Fan (29516 posts) -
How noble.
#17 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]pissing on someone who was trying to kill you and your friends is not that big of a deal.Aljosa23

It's only stupid if you get caught.

I don't really care either way considering there's way worse things the Marines have done.

I don't really care either, but I generally don't hold people who piss on dead body's in very high esteem.

#18 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
They are all idiots, not sure what else would need to be said.
#19 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
Goons gonna goon.
#20 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -
pissing on someone who was trying to kill you and your friends is not that big of a deal.killzowned24
Yay, double standards for the win.
#21 Posted by lonewolf604 (8517 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

If you're not interested in the thread, you should probably just avoid it. There's nothing gained in complaining about it.

Its LJ. He's apathetic about everything except The Cure or Christianity.
#22 Posted by Jebus213 (8758 posts) -

I'd do it also.

#23 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I hope they go to Guantanamo.
#24 Posted by LordQuorthon (5294 posts) -

TARRORISTS UR GAME IS THROUGH! 

#25 Posted by nomsayin (1141 posts) -

they represent our country really well....

#26 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34145 posts) -

great job representing you country and army...

#27 Posted by one_plum (6349 posts) -

Pissing off a vengeful spirit can get you in deep shit.

[spoiler] obligatory pun comment [/spoiler]

#28 Posted by k--m--k (998 posts) -

Americans bringing "democracy" to the rest of the world

#29 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

Not very respectful, but the guy after all is dead, so he probably doesn't care all that much.

The army changes people. I mean imagine living your life seeing dead bodies daily, urinating on one would mean nothing to them. It's just another body.

#30 Posted by BranKetra (48265 posts) -
I think it is reasonable to say he is brainwashed.
#31 Posted by lightleggy (15910 posts) -

gahh, what enjoyment does that even bring to him? you have to be sick in the head to what he/they did...and these are some of the people who are in the military

rocinante_
After being shot at a few times, I wouldn't blame him for tring to piss his anger away.
#32 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23586 posts) -

i don't blame him.

you either dehumanize the people you kill or you regret and it preys on your mind  all your days.

maybe there is a better way to do it but i'm not going to second guess the guy, he is doing what he needed to do.

if you can come to terms with your killings in a different way then good for you.

#33 Posted by Treflis (11491 posts) -

i don't blame him.

you either dehumanize the people you kill or you regret and it preys on your mind  all your days.

maybe there is a better way to do it but i'm not going to second guess the guy, he is doing what he needed to do.

if you can come to terms with your killings in a different way then good for you.

Riverwolf007
The problem with dehumanizing others so you can mentally be able to kill them without remorse is that it's not just a simple switch to not dehumanize others afterwards. Cause if you view people you don't know as nothing more then just meat and bones and you keep that view for up to 1-3 year on a daily basis, by the time you return home you'll still view strangers in the store or on the street as simply meat and bones. Personally I think there is room for conduct between combatants and the dead and there still is thankfully, if it weren't then simply urinating on the dead would be a small thing compared to say...hanging the dead enemies from a sign with their stomachs split open and insides pulled out just to incite fear into the enemy. Which could be done by both sides. War is a messy, gritty and horrible thing that destroys most men and women in various ways, to prevent complete downfall one should try to keep atleast a inch of humanity and ethics in the middle of it. If you don't then you're essentially nothing more then a beast.
#34 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

rocinante_

So what the Germans did to those peoples in the lands east of the Ribbontrop-Molotov line after the Germans invaded with Operation Barbarossa and the retaliation the Soviets did to the Germans in retaliation is tame compared to what that Marine did? 

#35 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

The Taliban oppresses people, tortures people, murders people, etc. etc. Just a week ago, the Taliban attacked a NATO compound killing 7 people. A month ago the Taliban murdered 5 Ukrainians, 3 Chinese and a Russian while climbing the Himayalas.

And you bleeding hearts care about one of them getting pissed on? If anything, he's lucky.

#36 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

WhiteKnight77

So what the Germans did to those peoples in the lands east of the Ribbontrop-Molotov line after the Germans invaded with Operation Barbarossa and the retaliation the Soviets did to the Germans in retaliation is tame compared to what that Marine did? 

Nice reading comprehension.

#37 Posted by jimkabrhel (15417 posts) -

Some assholes stay assholes. Right, TC?

#38 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

The Taliban oppresses people, tortures people, murders people, etc. etc. Just a week ago, the Taliban attacked a NATO compound killing 7 people. A month ago the Taliban murdered 5 Ukrainians, 3 Chinese and a Russian while climbing the Himayalas.

And you bleeding hearts care about one of them getting pissed on? If anything, he's lucky.

AHUGECAT

TBH, I don't think I care what someone who thinks Hilter had the right idea has to say about this.

#39 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
AHUGETWAT seems to be stuck in 2007. The "bleeding hearts" support everything the army does now that Obama is in office.
#40 Posted by Sphensen (739 posts) -

TARRORISTS UR GAME IS THROUGH!

LordQuorthon

Now You Have To Answer To...

#41 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

AHUGETWAT seems to be stuck in 2007. The "bleeding hearts" support everything the army does now that Obama is in office. MrPraline

Democrats supported all the wars in the first place (they get their funding from AIPAC, after all).

Remember, John Kerry had an anti-war campaign in 2004, despite the fact he voted for the Iraq war. Americans need to wake up.

#42 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
Americans need to wake up.AHUGECAT
Oh certainly.
#43 Posted by jimkabrhel (15417 posts) -

Americans need to wake up.

AHUGECAT

Yes, not to the twisted mentality that you are peddling.

#44 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Americans need to wake up.

jimkabrhel

Yes, not to the twisted mentality that you are peddling.

Twisted, maybe, true, yes.

#45 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6539 posts) -

It's a scummy thing to do.
#46 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]pissing on someone who was trying to kill you and your friends is not that big of a deal.Capitan_Kid

Those poor Taliban members! Let's weep for them.

#47 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]pissing on someone who was trying to kill you and your friends is not that big of a deal.Capitan_Kid

It's pretty low class. I'm certainly not denying that.

#48 Posted by frannkzappa (3101 posts) -

this.

#49 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

AHUGECAT

Those poor Taliban members! Let's weep for them.

Better than thinking that Hitler "tried to warn us."

#50 Posted by jimkabrhel (15417 posts) -

I'm sure that prejudiced individuals like AHUGECAT would be happy to piss on any prisoner.