Marilyn Monroe The Loveliest Female Character of All Time!

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mjorh (708 posts) -

This character is just unique , i mean i have never seen such a beautiful lovely character in the history of cinema , at least in Hollywood , for me she's the loveliest among female characters and i dare u prove me wrong!

Famous for :

The Misfits 1961

Some Like It Hot 1959

The Seven Year Itch 1955

Highly Recommended Movies!

Look at those innocent eyes !

And what do you think on her death scenarios? Did she commit suicide or she got murdered? (i'd go with the latter).

#2 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I own her Barbie Doll.

#3 Posted by plageus900 (1005 posts) -

That second picture, oh my.

#4 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

She slept with everything that walked or that could get her ahead. Horrible role model.

#5 Posted by plageus900 (1005 posts) -

She slept with everything that walked or that could get her ahead. Horrible role model.

Some people try harder than others ;)

#6 Posted by mjorh (708 posts) -

Why don't u blame the Hollywood? man in that time you wouldn't get shit unless u get to sleep with a producer or sth ....anyway i suggest you to watch this documentary and see what was the circumstances :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeNya3QAeEw

#7 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@purplelabel said:

Why don't u blame the Hollywood? man in that time you wouldn't get shit unless u get to sleep with a producer or sth ....anyway i suggest you to watch this documentary and see what was the circumstances :

People are responsible for their own actions. Hollywood didn't become an entity and put a gun to her head. Don't throw that bs at me.

#8 Edited by plageus900 (1005 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@purplelabel said:

People are responsible for their own actions. Hollywood didn't become an entity and put a gun to her head. Don't throw that bs at me.

u mad bro?

#9 Posted by Korvus (3328 posts) -

u mad bro?

Maybe he tried to sleep with a producer and got shot down?

#10 Edited by RadecSupreme (4646 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

If not in a relationship, what's so wrong about sleeping around?

#11 Edited by MrGeezer (56149 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

He wasn't just talking about sleeping around, he was talking about sleeping around in order to get ahead in her career. You don't see why that's a problem and why that kind of thing is generally frowned upon? If you're sleeping around to get ahead in your career, that implies that you wouldn't have gotten ahead if you hadn't slept around. And that's not exactly a good environment to support, because that allows for people to be coerced into having sex that they don't want to have, just to get a job. How would you feel if you were busting your ass to get a promotion and then you found out that the only way you were ever gonna get it was if you screwed your boss (who you don't want to screw)? Now, maybe it's wrong to direct the blame to her, maybe it's more fair to direct the blame to the people in power who are in a position to offer career advancement in exchange for sex. But regardless, it's still a really shitty kind of situation to be happening, and there's a damn good reason why it's looked down on.

#12 Edited by mjorh (708 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@purplelabel said:

Man ... why don't u get it.....her aim was to be an actress so she was doing her best to get to it..., and i don't see anything wrong with it...as i said watch that documentary.

#13 Posted by mjorh (708 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@purplelabel said:

He wasn't just talking about sleeping around, he was talking about sleeping around in order to get ahead in her career. You don't see why that's a problem and why that kind of thing is generally frowned upon? If you're sleeping around to get ahead in your career, that implies that you wouldn't have gotten ahead if you hadn't slept around. And that's not exactly a good environment to support, because that allows for people to be coerced into having sex that they don't want to have, just to get a job. How would you feel if you were busting your ass to get a promotion and then you found out that the only way you were ever gonna get it was if you screwed your boss (who you don't want to screw)? Now, maybe it's wrong to direct the blame to her, maybe it's more fair to direct the blame to the people in power who are in a position to offer career advancement in exchange for sex. But regardless, it's still a really shitty kind of situation to be happening, and there's a damn good reason why it's looked down on.

I agree on the highlighted part, considering the circumstances Marilyn was in i don't see anything wrong with it and if u wanna measure her performance and carrier u gotta watch her movies and make judgment by that , i've introduced three movies of hers....she did a solid job in her carrier IMO.

#14 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (864 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

especially if it can further your career

#15 Edited by elkoldo (1012 posts) -

She's pretty normal-looking....Alright ,you got it ,somewhat above normal-looking but I've seen more loveable ones.I've heard about her letter to Einsten ,which was something funny.And I don't judge her for allegedly sleeping around.

Gonna watch those movies though , ASAP :D

Oh and the suicide scenario is pretty goddman stupid , it's a load of crap.She had everything ,money ,fame ,beauty , men tearing each other apart for her ,why as a sane person would she want to end this life ? I once heard she was an addict (though again ,allegedly) maybe accidental overdose could be blamed for her death.

#16 Posted by airshocker (29122 posts) -

Innocent eyes? Marilyn Monroe would not be somebody I attribute innocence to.

#17 Edited by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

You and I both.

#18 Edited by jasean79 (2362 posts) -

I never understood the appeal of Marilyn Monroe. Sure, she was good looking for her time, but nowhere is she even close to being the "loveliest female in the history of cinema". Purely subjective thread.

#19 Posted by PSP107 (11878 posts) -

@MrGeezer:

Sleeping around to get ahead still exist in the entertainment business.

@jasean79 said:

I never understood the appeal of Marilyn Monroe. Sure, she was good looking for her time, but nowhere is she even close to being the "loveliest female in the history of cinema". Purely subjective thread.

Seems pale so nope. I think males liked her because she fits the "bimbo" type

#20 Edited by platinumking320 (666 posts) -
@purplelabel said:

@mjorh said:

@purplelabel said:

Ehh. I see what you're sayin. Bt the 50's 60's weren't like now.

I mean nowadays you can easily say "hey you made your bed, now you have to sleep in it." and look at the massive opportunities one has for internet panhandling, entrepeneurship (okay so many the 2nd isnt as true) so why complain.

but I'd say Marilyn was in a tighter spot (Hollywood made her image and position) and the studio system was more powerful than recent times. Arguably its going back to that level of actor and message control.

Norma Jeane Mortensen Marilyn's actual name , hey she was a natural beauty but not the clout that hollywood created, and without them she was poor . Thats what they do in the biz in all pop entertainment. Ringmasters with whipped circus acts. This is different than the level of choice say....the character Joan from the TV show Mad Men who slept with some crotchedty old client deliberately to become partner at the Ad agency, when Don Draper "an actual agency partner" warned her NOT to do so in order to obtain position.

I remember there was a 1992 epsiode of Law and Order where a guy in running for office (the asylum warden from Silence of the Lambs) was found guilty of larceny in extorting sex and holding the prospect of partnership from a lady. Now it was wrong because the lady (the woman who played the Allstate guy's army wife in CBS's the Unit) was doing most of the case work and holding down the fort. When she was embarrassed about the truth, and first tried to say the guy raped her, McCoy found out her initial testimony was dishonest and had to rebuild his case on the truth. The dude running for office extorted her, which if any body was to disagree about the rest of the circumstances, is screwy on general principle. Because her work was the backbone of her firm's success. If dude running for office could do that, then favors, or the preferences of people in power override any law or fairness, and can compromise whether anyone has any job security, or can be merited on their work and professionalism.

Sorry for the long post I'm just recalling shit, but all in all it sorta varies based on the circumstances I s'pose.

#21 Edited by MrGeezer (56149 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@MrGeezer:

Sleeping around to get ahead still exist in the entertainment business.

@jasean79 said:

Seems pale so nope. I think males liked her because she fits the "bimbo" type

I know it does, and it's not something that people should be saying is okay. Hell, it's not even confined to the entertainment industry, it still happens in all sorts of industries.

And look, I get it. Lots of people in years past were prudes, they had archaic notions about sex and the human body, sex is good, it's not something to be ashamed of, there's nothing inherently wrong with sleeping around, yadda yadda yadda. I'm not gonna disagree with that. The thing is, I'm increasingly seeing a lot more people (especially the younger crowd) get more progressive about their attitudes towards sex. But this kind of thing isn't progressive, it is regressive. If we boil down the pro-promiscuity sentiment to its essence, it seems to be a declaration of "it's my body, and you have no business telling me what I want to do with it." Or "it's my hot body, I do what I want." But don't forget that what a lot of people want is to NOT be having sex with multiple partners and sleeping around. Once you introduce a coercive aspect (as in the whole "sleep around in order to help your career" thing), you've ruined everything. Now it's not about how I want to use my body, it's about how my boss wants to use my body and my career is dead if I say no.

Again, we're talking about an imbalance of power here. It's not like the two people are sleeping around as equals, one person holds all the power and uses it as leverage to get sex from people who may not want sex. It may be wrong to lay the blame on the person who lacks power, they're just doing what is necessary in order to keep their careers from being killed. But the whole situation is royally fucked up, because no one should freaking have to sleep with someone they don't want to sleep with in order to keep their careers going. That's totally not okay, and people are being dishonest when they portray this type of situation as just "sleeping around." There's nothing INHERENTLY wrong with sleeping around, but it sure as hell can be wrong in some cases. And this is one of the cases in which it's fucked up.

#22 Posted by mjorh (708 posts) -

You can attribute "innocent" to no one actually , no one is innocent . what i meant by "innocent eyes" was actually "not evil" , "pure" maybe...it was just about the eyes not the whole character :D

#23 Edited by mjorh (708 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

It's absolutely subjective , that's why i asked you to tell me about your lovely actress .....

@elkoldo said:

She's pretty normal-looking....Alright ,you got it ,somewhat above normal-looking but I've seen more loveable ones.I've heard about her letter to Einsten ,which was something funny.And I don't judge her for allegedly sleeping around.

Oh and the suicide scenario is pretty goddman stupid , it's a load of crap.She had everything ,money ,fame ,beauty , men tearing each other apart for her ,why as a sane person would she want to end this life ? I once heard she was an addict (though again ,allegedly) maybe accidental overdose could be blamed for her death.

Yeah , i believe that she got murdered , she knew a lot about "Kennedy" stuff ! , if she's "normal-looking" then who's "pretty-looking" Erfan? :D

#24 Edited by indzman (17312 posts) -

#25 Posted by mjorh (708 posts) -

@indzman said:

Now you ruined "the innocent eyes" :D

#26 Posted by indzman (17312 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@indzman said:

Now you ruined "the innocent eyes" :D

I just ruined "my own innocense" =P

#27 Posted by PSP107 (11878 posts) -

@MrGeezer:

Well I see what you saying and too bad this stuff still exist. I mean women in the business world to go through lengths to look good around the office. Hell a lot of women gets hired based on attractiveness.

#28 Edited by mjorh (708 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@MrGeezer:

Well I see what you saying and too bad this stuff still exist. I mean women in the business world to go through lengths to look good around the office. Hell a lot of women gets hired based on attractiveness.

Exactly , "attractiveness" is such a crucial factor everywhere .....the chances of a beautiful woman to get hired is much more than the others in many situations.

@platinumking320 Thanks , i believe she had no choice ....she was going to be an actress so she did what she had to do like too many other ppl.

#30 Posted by elkoldo (1012 posts) -
@mjorh said:

@elkoldo said:

Yeah , i believe that she got murdered , she knew a lot about "Kennedy" stuff ! , if she's "normal-looking" then who's "pretty-looking" Erfan? :D

From those days I find Claudia Cardinale and Ingrid Bergman to be foxy and beautiful ,respectively.For some reason, I also used to find Jennifer Lawrence so unearthly beautiful and adorable.

Never had a thing for Marilyn , sorry Hamid :)))))

#31 Posted by always_explicit (2736 posts) -

Hey sex is just two hopefully consenting adults bumping their genitals together because they want to. Who are we to attach meaning to it and judge their preferences just so it fits our idea of what is right and wrong.

I fully reserve my right to sleep with whoever I wish to sleep with and whomever wishes to sleep without me without being judged by some idiots who never met me.

#32 Posted by mjorh (708 posts) -

@elkoldo said:
@mjorh said:

@elkoldo said:

From those days I find Claudia Cardinale and Ingrid Bergman to be foxy and beautiful ,respectively.For some reason, I also used to find Jennifer Lawrence so unearthly beautiful and adorable.

You haven't watched The Misfits then , if u watch that movie you'll fall in love with her and with the movie !

#33 Posted by elkoldo (1012 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@elkoldo said:
@mjorh said:

@elkoldo said:

You haven't watched The Misfits then , if u watch that movie you'll fall in love with her and with the movie !

I'll watch it and come back here to share my opinion ! :D

#34 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12854 posts) -
@jasean79 said:

^

Now Patricia Richardson (the mom from Home Improvement) in her prime...hot damn that's some sexy.

#35 Posted by mjorh (708 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

^

Now Patricia Richardson (the mom from Home Improvement) in her prime...hot damn that's some sexy.

Have you watched any movies of Marilyn?

#36 Posted by Iszdope (9749 posts) -

I think Julianne Moore is loveliest.

#37 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12854 posts) -

@mjorh said:

I grew up watching her movies (thanks, dad). I've seen Monkey Business, Seven Year Itch, Niagara and Some Like it Hot more times than I care to.

#38 Posted by Dogswithguns (10707 posts) -

Nah.. she married too many times, no thank you.

#39 Posted by helwa1988 (2078 posts) -

I think it is sad that society keeps holding up these celebrities to be these great human beings. Celebrities for the most part are really horrible people. This woman is no exception. She was married multiple times, had an affair with another woman's husband. If she were alive today no one would give a shit about her.

#40 Posted by Aljosa23 (24777 posts) -

She's not even the loveliest actress in her time, let alone of all time.

#41 Edited by mjorh (708 posts) -
@helwa1988 said:

I think it is sad that society keeps holding up these celebrities to be these great human beings. Celebrities for the most part are really horrible people. This woman is no exception. She was married multiple times, had an affair with another woman's husband. If she were alive today no one would give a shit about her.

How do u so sure about these stuff?! it's like you've seen it yourself ! it's just so pathetic talking like this without any certainty.....and THIS is sad! Personal life of ppl is not our business and here we talk about the roles of celebrities in movies and stuff not what they'd done in their own personal life.

@Aljosa23 said:

She's not even the loveliest actress in her time, let alone of all time.

We'd be glad if u tell us who do u think is the loveliest , as i said it's pretty subjective and i don't expect ppl have the same opinion , should've chosen another topic u know like " who's your favorite actress? " ....this would be better.

@br0kenrabbit said:

@mjorh said:

I grew up watching her movies (thanks, dad). I've seen Monkey Business, Seven Year Itch, Niagara and Some Like it Hot more times than I care to.

Glad to hear that , watch Misfits too.

#42 Posted by Aljosa23 (24777 posts) -

@mjorh: Ingrid Bergman, Lauren Bacall, Grace Kelly, Barbara Stanwyck, Elizabeth Taylor, and Carol Lombard.

#43 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17169 posts) -

I am glad to live in a day and age where someone with Marilyn Monroes looks isn't considered to be "OMG HOTTEST THING EVER!"

Maybe she was tops in her day, but now? God no...

#44 Posted by mjorh (708 posts) -

I am glad to live in a day and age where someone with Marilyn Monroes looks isn't considered to be "OMG HOTTEST THING EVER!"

Seriously? with all "surgery" and "make-up technology" you can make the ugliest creature to be the most beautiful ....science can make the impossible!

#45 Posted by PSP107 (11878 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Seriously? with all "surgery" and "make-up technology" you can make the ugliest creature to be the most beautiful ....science can make the impossible!

How natural was Monroe?

#46 Posted by mjorh (708 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@mjorh said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

How natural was Monroe?

You tell me , 1950 vs 2014? !

#47 Edited by Nuck81 (5839 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@mjorh said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

How natural was Monroe?

Marilyn had rhinoplasty, a chin implant, a different haircolor and a different name. Also her hairline was lowered. Though it has to be said: makeup and age were the biggest makeovers that made Marilyn.

#49 Posted by mjorh (708 posts) -

@Nuck81 said:

@PSP107 said:

@mjorh said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

How natural was Monroe?

Marilyn had rhinoplasty, a chin implant, a different haircolor and a different name. Also her hairline was lowered. Though it has to be said: makeup and age were the biggest makeovers that made Marilyn.

{SIGH} Another exaggerated "before/after" shots ! considering this picture to not be exaggerated , just compare your pictures when you were like 18 with when you were like 25 , you'll notice a huge difference , it's damn natural that the human face changes and shapes over time , furthermore Internet is full of these theories without any solid source regarding to plastic surgery and stuff ....the only source that i believe in is this documentary below cuz it interviews the ppl that were actually with M.M and they're the most reliable source of what was going on that time , here you go:

#50 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16685 posts) -

That second picture, oh my.

My thoughts exactly.