Manhunt guy with rocket launcher?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by magicalclick (23010 posts) -
I didn't really read the news in depth, but, the manhunt guy has all sorts of crazy illegal weapons? How in the world did he managed to get those? I am sure they don't sell those in WallMart.
#2 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36845 posts) -
I don't think they were legally purchased Enough money Knowing the right people Can get almost anything
#3 Posted by Decko5 (9420 posts) -

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57568518/amid-calif-snowstorm-manhunt-for-ex-la-cop-continues/

Is this what you are talking about? Ex-cop and armed forces member going on a rampage? If not then.... goddamn.

#4 Posted by QuebecNationale (152 posts) -

He's an ex cop so I imagine it wouldn't be hard to acquire weapons and given that he's in the US, you can pretty much buy assault rifles at your local gun show and Walmart, so I wouldn't be surprised.

#5 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36845 posts) -

He's an ex cop so I imagine it wouldn't be hard to acquire weapons and given that he's in the US, you can pretty much buy assault rifles at your local gun show and Walmart, so I wouldn't be surprised.

QuebecNationale

Or that

#6 Posted by magicalclick (23010 posts) -
But even SWAT don't have rocket launchers. Like he has military connection or something?
#7 Posted by lo_Pine (5048 posts) -
Mexican Mob. Pretty much the supply of anything and everything illegal in the United States today.
#8 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

QuebecNationale
Nope.
#9 Posted by lo_Pine (5048 posts) -
[QUOTE="QuebecNationale"]

fernandmondego_
Nope.

Its the Mexican Mob all the time every time in US when it comes to illegal anything nowadays. Don't be fooled. Mexican Mob supplied by the Russians or Afghans.
#10 Posted by Person0 (2944 posts) -
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="QuebecNationale"]

lo_Pine
Nope.

Its the Mexican Mob all the time every time in US when it comes to illegal anything nowadays. Don't be fooled. Mexican Mob supplied by the Russians or Afghans.

You mean the Cartels? They usually buy from America,,,,
#11 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

But even SWAT don't have rocket launchers. Like he has military connection or something?magicalclick

The SWAT don't use rocket launchers because they don't need rocket launchers. Do you really think a highly trained police team would have rocket launchers in the budget when there is a .00001% chance they will need it?

Unless they are up against criminals in tanks and attack choppers, they won't need it.

Also the guy is ex-military I believe, so military and criminal connections do seem likely. I really hope they catch him, while I can see what pushed him to the edge, he needs to be put down so innocent people and cops can stop getting hurt.

#12 Posted by lo_Pine (5048 posts) -
[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="fernandmondego_"] Nope.

You mean the Cartels? They usually buy from America,,,,

Not really. The Zetas began from military personnel who were trained by the US, a very few people as a matter of fact. The crude submarines, heroine and Kalashnikovs come from Russia and Afghanistan respectively. The cocaine from South America. Only members of one cartel was trained by the US and they are the Zetas.