Man Takes Pregnancy Test, Gets Shocking Surprise

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

A man took a pregnancy test as a joke and it came out positive. A Reddit post with cartoons (link to cartoons in previous link) and posters urged him to go to the doctor. The man had testicular cancer. Talk about a big surprise.

Would you as a guy use a pregnancy test at a way to see if you had such a cancer?

I am not sure I would, but if I found some weird lumps in my sac, I would think about it.

#2 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

What a way to find out you have cancer. Poor dude.

#3 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36991 posts) -

muller39
Better than not finding out at all
#4 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
[QUOTE="muller39"]

chaoscougar1

If it was too late I rather not know. I much rather die randomly from cancer then have no testicles
#5 Posted by Blue-Sky (10346 posts) -

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="muller39"]

Fightingfan

If it was too late I rather not know. I much rather die randomly from cancer then have no testicles

Die randomly? People don't die from cancer comfortably in their sleep. You will go through months of agonizing pain. At least with a diagnosis you can get access to pain relieving medicine and marijuana. Possibly freeze some of your sperm so if you choose to have children in the future.

#6 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -
[QUOTE="muller39"]

chaoscougar1

Agreed, but to me it just seems you'd think you would have noticed earlier.
#7 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
That's not bad news at all,I know it is cancer,but at least he has a high chance of being cured. Hmmm...i wonder if guys will now use this more often =P
#8 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] Better than not finding out at allBlue-Sky

Die randomly? People don't die from cancer comfortably in their sleep. You will go through months of agonizing pain. At least with a diagnosis you can get access to pain relieving medicine and marijuana. Possibly freeze some of your sperm so if you choose to have children in the future.

I don't know about testicular cancer, but you can go years with cancer and not even know it, pain isn't a guarantee, I have my mother as an example.

*I'm simply saying I wouldn't want to deal with testicular cancer; you'll have to be on steroids for the rest of your life if you wanted to stay hormonally normal.

#9 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
Honestly that's kind of awesome. If I could check if I had certain types of cancers for like $10, I'd be all over that. I was assuming this would be a story where somebody gave a dude one of those always-positive joke tests and he believed it.
#10 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23838 posts) -
talk bout lucky
#11 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] If it was too late I rather not know. I much rather die randomly from cancer then have no testicles Fightingfan

I don't know about testicular cancer, but you can go years with cancer and not even know it, pain isn't a guarantee, I have my mother as an example.

*I'm simply saying I wouldn't want to deal with testicular cancer; you'll have to be on steroids for the rest of your life if you wanted to stay hormonally normal.

if you catch it early enought you usually only lose one ball. Which is probably the case for this guy thanks to reddit.

#12 Posted by dave123321 (34363 posts) -
[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"]That's not bad news at all,I know it is cancer,but at least he has a high chance of being cured. Hmmm...i wonder if guys will now use this more often =P

#13 Posted by CJL13 (19137 posts) -

It's a tumor! *Gives man cigar*

#14 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

Going to look into this...

#15 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
Well if my testicles start hurting again... I'll go to the doctors.
#17 Posted by soulless4now (41381 posts) -

Well that's a first...

At least he found out sooner rather than later.

#18 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17723 posts) -

That's a piss easy way to test for testicular cancer....

#19 Posted by JDWolfie (1887 posts) -

tumblr_m5robwcGm51qa8vkk.gif&sa=X&ei=R6-

But really, that sucks.

#20 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

tumblr_m5robwcGm51qa8vkk.gif&sa=X&ei=R6-

But really, that sucks.

JDWolfie

:lol: Seriously funny reply.

#21 Posted by OmenUK (1268 posts) -

What a way to find out you have cancer. Poor dude.muller39

Yeah but on the bright side, at least he's not pregnant too.

#22 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10426 posts) -
Thats old. I heard about that like 5 years ago. Guys can take pregnancy test to check for nut cancer. I even saw it on a spanish TV show like 3 years ago too.
#23 Posted by JoGoSo (441 posts) -
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="muller39"]

Fightingfan

Or you could avoid both options and regularly go to the doctor and pee in a cup.
#24 Posted by whipassmt (14423 posts) -

In one of my biology text books it mentions a case of a woman who had a certain type of cancer called a teratoma (a cancer that arises in cells that can differentiate into many types of cells) in her ovary, that among other things caused teeth and a mandible to start growing inside her ovary.

#25 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

In one of my biology text books it mentions a case of a woman who had a certain type of cancer called a teratoma (a cancer that arises in cells that can differentiate into many types of cells) in her ovary, that among other things caused teeth and a mandible to start growing inside her ovary.

whipassmt

I knew Teeth was based on a true story!

#26 Posted by whipassmt (14423 posts) -

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

SPYDER0416

I knew Teeth was based on a true story!

Okay. I googled that, according to wikipedia it actually got a good review from critics (at least Rotten Tomatoes anyway). How the hell doe a weird movie like that (I never saw it, I just read wiki's plot summary) get good reviews and yet Norbit gets bad reviews?

#27 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6862 posts) -
That's kinda ... scary. What a way to find out. At least we know that pregnancy tests serves a dual function.
#28 Posted by krazykillaz (21141 posts) -
Yeah, I would. Cancer is definitely something I'd like to know about. :?
#29 Posted by NiKva (8180 posts) -
So why did he take a pregnancy test?
#30 Posted by applesxc47 (10761 posts) -

So why did he take a pregnancy test?NiKva

Why would any guy? To screw around

#31 Posted by OrianaDorta (3112 posts) -

They should call it Pregnancy/Testicular Cancer Test from now on.

#32 Posted by Another-World (783 posts) -

Fightingfan

Yes indeedy. *is reminded of Bob from Fight Club*

Okay. I googled that, according to wikipedia it actually got a good review from critics (at least Rotten Tomatoes anyway). How the hell doe a weird movie like that (I never saw it, I just read wiki's plot summary) get good reviews and yet Norbit gets bad reviews?

whipassmt

Because Norbit sucked major ass, while Teeth sucked comparatively less major ass?