Man of Steel should have been the 2nd movie. This one should be Superman Starts.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by culture_den (157 posts) -

You know, like Batman Begins? It was right there in the title man. Now the order is all screwed up, I don't think this movie is going to do so well.

#2 Posted by Kats_RK (2079 posts) -

For the love of god i hope this movie will be good considering superman is my favorite superhero.

#3 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

Everyone already knows how Superman starts. Why would anyone want another origin story?

Wait... don't tell me this movie is another origin story... is it?

#4 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

I'm tired of them always rebooting something and doing an orgin story, Superman didn't have the most interesting orgin story imo. In general I'm tired of comic book super hero movies, could we get some original super hero movies for once Hollywood?

#5 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6335 posts) -

It is an Orgin story, just like every other super hero movie being released. It's all just been restarted for the currerent generation of people.

And Superman Starts is a god awful title for a film

#6 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

You know, like Batman Begins? It was right there in the title man. Now the order is all screwed up, I don't think this movie is going to do so well.

culture_den
Superman Starts? That's an awful title.... No disrespect, but it's just awful. I like Man Of Steel.
#7 Posted by wolverine4262 (19026 posts) -
Nolan + Snyder = WIN
#8 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

"superman starts" LOL

anyway, i really don't like how the villain of man of steel is general zod; they should've gone with braniac, or something that past superman films haven't done.

#9 Posted by culture_den (157 posts) -

Wow at some of the bitter, jaded responses:lol: . Can't believe gamefaqs and current events has literally become a better forum than gamespot and offtopic. What happened to this place. Pretty lol worthy. I just don't understand.

#10 Posted by wolverine4262 (19026 posts) -

Wow at some of the bitter, jaded responses:lol: . Can't believe gamefaqs and current events has literally become a better forum than gamespot and offtopic. What happened to this place. Pretty lol worthy. I just don't understand.

culture_den
Its a bad idea...
#11 Posted by Cloud_Insurance (3279 posts) -

culture_den

Superman Starts is terrible, the alliteration doesnt save it. Hell, Superman: Source is better.

#12 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14394 posts) -

"superman starts" LOL

anyway, i really don't like how the villain of man of steel is general zod; they should've gone with braniac, or something that past superman films haven't done.

rocinante_

I'd rather have Zod than Lex Luthor--again--any day of the week. Superman was one of those characters that I kind of strayed away from as I got older. With that said, the movie looks interesting. It can't be any worse that Superman Begins.

#13 Posted by rogueace127 (668 posts) -
Superman Starts Man of Steel Man of Steel Soars
#14 Posted by applesxc47 (10761 posts) -

'Superman Starts' is the silliest name for a movie I've ever heard.

#15 Posted by sSubZerOo (43064 posts) -
Man of Steel sounds way better.. And from what I have seen from the trailer is a much more thought provoking Superman.. In which Superman is forced with the concept of whether he should ever help people due to people being fearful of him.. This one seems to be a far deeper story than past Superman's..
#16 Posted by lonewolf604 (8517 posts) -
I've probably watched the 2nd trailer like 500 times.....the music score "Storm" is amazing.
#17 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

Everyone already knows how Superman starts. Why would anyone want another origin story?

Wait... don't tell me this movie is another origin story... is it?

Oleg_Huzwog

it is.

I was talking with my friend a few days back, and we were talking about this. I really think, that unless it's either been a very very long time or it has never been done on the big screen - you should do an origin tale for the super hero.

but if it's like Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, The Hulk, where everyone and their mom KNOWS how they became the superhero, don't bother with an origin tale. I propose doing the 'best of' movie making. Get the best stories and make those into movies, or make stories inspired by elements in those best stories.

Like i'm right now looking at the X-Men franchise, the new Wolverine movie is based on one of his storylines. the next X-Men movie is based on X-Men: Days of Future's Past storyline.

That's what makes me worried about the Marvel movies (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, etc) the longer they go on for, the more they will have to either lightly reference or overtly reference to the past movies in order to get the audience up to speed. Because that's the thing that keeps most people away from comics, there is so so much backstory to know. It's like the number 1 question from someone who wants to read comics - "where should i start?"

and i'll just say this, as a huge Iron Man fan, i'd never tell someone "oh yeah you gotta start from Iron Man's first comic, when he first appeared in Tales of Suspense!" no only is that 40+ years of material, but not written for teen/young adults in mind, it's written for 8 years olds, with the intent of buying it for a quarter and tossing it in the trash once done. Also it's a world where transistors do just about everything :P but i digress.

#18 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

"superman starts" LOL

Hallenbeck77

I'd rather have Zod than Lex Luthor--again--any day of the week. Superman was one of those characters that I kind of strayed away from as I got older. With that said, the movie looks interesting. It can't be any worse that Superman Begins.

totally agreed. but i really wish they'd do one of Superman's other villains. Brainiac, Darkseid. either one of those two could be AMAZING. hell just adopt the story idea that it was Brainiac who destroyed Krypton (from the animated series). but i am so sick and tired of them relying on Lex Luthor.
#19 Posted by wolverine4262 (19026 posts) -
It only really makes sense to do an origin story at this point. Superman Returns tried to avert that by being a pseudo sequel to Superman 1 and 2, but it did relatively poorly. Why would WB want to release a movie thats not an origin story when it would just bring all that baggage with it? Keep in mind that the last Superman origin story was in theaters over 30 years ago... Im also a little tired of Zod, but I also think he is the best villain for Supes to face in his first go around. After that, Id love to see Metallo or Braniac.
#20 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Not a fan of superman because every freakin' time I read/watched him fight a new bad guy he gained a new superpower...
#21 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

Not a fan of superman because every freakin' time I read/watched him fight a new bad guy he gained a new superpower... Fightingfan

Well, he IS Superman................