Man of Steel should have been the 2nd movie. This one should be Superman Starts.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

culture_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 culture_den
Member since 2011 • 216 Posts

You know, like Batman Begins? It was right there in the title man. Now the order is all screwed up, I don't think this movie is going to do so well.

Kats_RK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Kats_RK
Member since 2010 • 2080 Posts

For the love of god i hope this movie will be good considering superman is my favorite superhero.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Everyone already knows how Superman starts. Why would anyone want another origin story?

Wait... don't tell me this movie is another origin story... is it?

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

I'm tired of them always rebooting something and doing an orgin story, Superman didn't have the most interesting orgin story imo. In general I'm tired of comic book super hero movies, could we get some original super hero movies for once Hollywood?

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#5 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

It is an Orgin story, just like every other super hero movie being released. It's all just been restarted for the currerent generation of people.

And Superman Starts is a god awful title for a film

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

You know, like Batman Begins? It was right there in the title man. Now the order is all screwed up, I don't think this movie is going to do so well.

culture_den
Superman Starts? That's an awful title.... No disrespect, but it's just awful. I like Man Of Steel.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
Nolan + Snyder = WIN
rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

"superman starts" LOL

anyway, i really don't like how the villain of man of steel is general zod; they should've gone with braniac, or something that past superman films haven't done.

culture_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 culture_den
Member since 2011 • 216 Posts

Wow at some of the bitter, jaded responses:lol: . Can't believe gamefaqs and current events has literally become a better forum than gamespot and offtopic. What happened to this place. Pretty lol worthy. I just don't understand.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wolverine4262

Wow at some of the bitter, jaded responses:lol: . Can't believe gamefaqs and current events has literally become a better forum than gamespot and offtopic. What happened to this place. Pretty lol worthy. I just don't understand.

culture_den
Its a bad idea...
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

culture_den

Superman Starts is terrible, the alliteration doesnt save it. Hell, Superman: Source is better.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16873 Posts

"superman starts" LOL

anyway, i really don't like how the villain of man of steel is general zod; they should've gone with braniac, or something that past superman films haven't done.

rocinante_

I'd rather have Zod than Lex Luthor--again--any day of the week. Superman was one of those characters that I kind of strayed away from as I got older. With that said, the movie looks interesting. It can't be any worse that Superman Begins.

rogueace127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogueace127
Member since 2005 • 680 Posts
Superman Starts Man of Steel Man of Steel Soars
applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

'Superman Starts' is the silliest name for a movie I've ever heard.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Man of Steel sounds way better.. And from what I have seen from the trailer is a much more thought provoking Superman.. In which Superman is forced with the concept of whether he should ever help people due to people being fearful of him.. This one seems to be a far deeper story than past Superman's..
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
I've probably watched the 2nd trailer like 500 times.....the music score "Storm" is amazing.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#17 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

Everyone already knows how Superman starts. Why would anyone want another origin story?

Wait... don't tell me this movie is another origin story... is it?

Oleg_Huzwog

it is.

I was talking with my friend a few days back, and we were talking about this. I really think, that unless it's either been a very very long time or it has never been done on the big screen - you should do an origin tale for the super hero.

but if it's like Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, The Hulk, where everyone and their mom KNOWS how they became the superhero, don't bother with an origin tale. I propose doing the 'best of' movie making. Get the best stories and make those into movies, or make stories inspired by elements in those best stories.

Like i'm right now looking at the X-Men franchise, the new Wolverine movie is based on one of his storylines. the next X-Men movie is based on X-Men: Days of Future's Past storyline.

That's what makes me worried about the Marvel movies (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, etc) the longer they go on for, the more they will have to either lightly reference or overtly reference to the past movies in order to get the audience up to speed. Because that's the thing that keeps most people away from comics, there is so so much backstory to know. It's like the number 1 question from someone who wants to read comics - "where should i start?"

and i'll just say this, as a huge Iron Man fan, i'd never tell someone "oh yeah you gotta start from Iron Man's first comic, when he first appeared in Tales of Suspense!" no only is that 40+ years of material, but not written for teen/young adults in mind, it's written for 8 years olds, with the intent of buying it for a quarter and tossing it in the trash once done. Also it's a world where transistors do just about everything :P but i digress.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#18 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

"superman starts" LOL

Hallenbeck77

I'd rather have Zod than Lex Luthor--again--any day of the week. Superman was one of those characters that I kind of strayed away from as I got older. With that said, the movie looks interesting. It can't be any worse that Superman Begins.

totally agreed. but i really wish they'd do one of Superman's other villains. Brainiac, Darkseid. either one of those two could be AMAZING. hell just adopt the story idea that it was Brainiac who destroyed Krypton (from the animated series). but i am so sick and tired of them relying on Lex Luthor.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wolverine4262
It only really makes sense to do an origin story at this point. Superman Returns tried to avert that by being a pseudo sequel to Superman 1 and 2, but it did relatively poorly. Why would WB want to release a movie thats not an origin story when it would just bring all that baggage with it? Keep in mind that the last Superman origin story was in theaters over 30 years ago... Im also a little tired of Zod, but I also think he is the best villain for Supes to face in his first go around. After that, Id love to see Metallo or Braniac.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Not a fan of superman because every freakin' time I read/watched him fight a new bad guy he gained a new superpower...
Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

Not a fan of superman because every freakin' time I read/watched him fight a new bad guy he gained a new superpower... Fightingfan

Well, he IS Superman................