Man buys house next to ex wife. Erects middle finger statue.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -

I would probably do something like this.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23985382/man-buys-the-house-next-to-ex-wife-erects-giant-middle-finger-statue

Nothing quite communicates the wrath of a scorned lover like the middle finger. But in Bloomfield Hills, this middle finger is loud and proud - in the form of a near 12-foot high statue one man erected next door to his ex-wife.

Alan Markovitz recently moved into the home where the statue was erected, which happens to be next to the home where his ex-wife now lives with her new lover, whom she reportedly had an affair with while being married to Markovitz.

Markovitz tells Fox 2's Randy Wimbley his plan was to get even the ex-wife's new lover, and never meant for the matter be made public. However, it soon grabbed local attention when the ex-wife's daughter posted a picture of the statue on twitter.

The installation of the statue also included a spotlight to keep the message illuminated at all hours of the day.

Markovitz owns three strip clubs in Detroit recently wrote a book about his entrepreneurship, which is reportedly being turned into a TV reality series on Cinemax.

#2 Edited by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

Now THAT's the ultimate in real-life trolling. :lol:

#3 Posted by Aljosa23 (27411 posts) -

Damn, what a legend.

#4 Posted by foxhound_fox (94036 posts) -

I find it funny when news stations blur shit like that out. We came to see the image in its full glory. Nobody but the ex-wife should be offended by it.

#5 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (18526 posts) -

Tis epic! Proud to say I work right around that area and live not too far away!

#6 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

Well that didn't help the property value any.

#7 Posted by Aljosa23 (27411 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

I find it funny when news stations blur shit like that out. We came to see the image in its full glory. Nobody but the ex-wife should be offended by it.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/196gnrw40ikvkjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

idk how to post images on this new forum

#8 Edited by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -

I can see why she left him: the guy is a immature man-child.

#9 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14887 posts) -

It sounds like the plot of a really crappy network sitcom.

#10 Posted by foxhound_fox (94036 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

Nice.

And when it works, there is a little "Img" button near the top of the editor that you import images with.

#11 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Sad, that someone would hate someone so much that they would do this.

#12 Edited by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

Holding a grudge and wanting to get even with an ex-bf/gf is so futile and a waste of one's time and energy. Best thing you can do for yourself is to move on and leave the bastard/bitch behind you. If they wronged you, karma will take care of it. If they didn't, well they don't owe you anything to begin with.

#13 Edited by LZ71 (10412 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

This.

I see no reason to complain about it though (unless you're a homeowner in the neighborhood of course). The husband could feel satisfied by the "revenge," the wife probably won't give a shit after a week and the husband probably won't be getting many offers from women for a long time.

#14 Edited by TheFlush (5798 posts) -

Kind of pathetic, the guy should move on, he is wasting his and her time.

#15 Edited by thegerg (17561 posts) -

Then you're a childish loser.

#16 Posted by LJS9502_basic (155977 posts) -

@limpbizkit818 said:

Yeah. Obviously he hasn't gotten over it yet either....

#17 Posted by GreySeal9 (27215 posts) -

What a stupid thing to spend money on.

#18 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -

Well he apparently has the money to blow. Bloomfield Hills is one of the top 5 richest cities in America. Its actually number 2, just behind Rancho Santa Fe, CA by about a $2000 difference in average household income.

#19 Edited by GreySeal9 (27215 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

Well he apparently has the money to blow. Bloomfield Hills is one of the top 5 richest cities in America. Its actually number 2, just behind Rancho Santa Fe, CA by about a $2000 difference in average household income.

Still a stupid thing to spend money on.

Actually, it's a stupid thing to do in general. Dude needs to grow up.

#20 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@LZ71 said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

This.

I see no reason to complain about it though (unless you're a homeowner in the neighborhood of course). The husband could feel satisfied by the "revenge," the wife probably won't give a shit after a week and the husband probably won't be getting many offers from women for a long time.

Dude owns a strip club franchise or something. Just the type of sleazy person you'd expect to do something this immature.

#21 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (790 posts) -

lmfao that's great. Trick deserves it.

#22 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (790 posts) -

@cain006 said:

@LZ71 said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

This.

Dude owns a strip club franchise or something. Just the type of sleazy person you'd expect to do something this immature.

As sleazy as his ex wife that had the affair? naw don't think so.

#23 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

#24 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

@limpbizkit818 said:

#25 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5743 posts) -

Unless his ex wife is 7, I don't see her being offended by a middle finger...

#26 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

what is strange to me, is not that he put that statue, but that he bought a house next to his ex-wife.

#27 Posted by Jimn_tonic (913 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow
said:

what is strange to me, is not that he put that statue, but that he bought a house next to his ex-wife.

ikr. that's creepy as hell.

#28 Posted by Barbariser (6785 posts) -

I'm amazed that she tolerated his immaturity long enough for them to actually marry.

#29 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

LOL

#30 Posted by gamerguru100 (12432 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Agreed. And I also agree with one of the Facebook comments saying that only in America will you see zombies eating people, murder, and rape in movies but then have a middle finger blocked out in the news. Genius, America. Just fucking genius.

#31 Edited by MrGeezer (58044 posts) -

Lots of people saying that the man is an immature @$$hole, lots of people saying that the ex-wife is the @$$hole for having the affair. Why argue over that? Let's just accept that they're BOTH probably big pieces of $hit, which probably had a lot to do with why they got married in the first place.

#32 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

This.

#33 Posted by Bardock47 (5425 posts) -

As wrong and immature this it is...its oh so awesomexD

#34 Edited by CommandoAgent (1160 posts) -

Its awesome if he made the statue by himself lol that would be epic.

The statue looks hand made, self made rather then professional made.

#35 Posted by Netret0120 (3090 posts) -

He is really bitter but LMFAO!!!! THAT is hilarious hahahahaha. But that anger is pretty intense though:-\

#36 Posted by chaoscougar1 (37567 posts) -

That's dedication

Can't see it being a major turn on for new female companions though

#37 Posted by comp_atkins (32992 posts) -

neighbor of that guy: "oh i'm sorry, i didn't see that big statue you put up.. i was too busy throwing it in your wife...."

#38 Posted by Brain_Duster (473 posts) -

I cannot imagine what kind of people these must be.

#40 Posted by Renevent42 (6523 posts) -

@Barbariser said:

I'm amazed that she tolerated his immaturity long enough for them to actually marry.

I'm guessing she probably isn't the classiest lady out there either.

#41 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

He bought a house right next to her just to do that? It seems like he's the one that's butt hurt here. It's funny though.

#42 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

the guy at 1:39 sounds like the young brother form Always sunny in Philadelphia.

#43 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6934 posts) -

Genius. I want to shake his hand.