Malaysia And Indonesia Start Rejecting Refugees

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Source. Guess Europe isn't the only one with issues.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

That is just brutal damn.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

At times like these, I really wish Narnia existed.

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

They really need to stop coming over by boats.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

the Indonesian government made a choice of sending back the Rohingya people since the Benjina trafficking and slavery was unveiled by the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries last month.I got a source here,but I have to tell you,this source is not in English

source(viewers,and readers' discretion advised)

update: I just received this news footage regarding the prevention of Rohingya exodus to my country,please be advised this footage is also not in English.

source

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@garathe_den said:

They really need to stop coming over by boats.

Well, they are'nt getting aboard because it's a sweet deal.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

And? Sometimes we don't get what we want in life......

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Calm down

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Sorry to hear this news :-(

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Smashbrossive50

@LJS9502_basic said:

Sometimes we don't get what we want in life......

I see what you mean,go around the world without passports,ain't gonna happen,it's not easy as one might think...there's safety regulation in between travels,you'll never know who will you meet there,and what hazards might occur in the place you're visiting now. in the refugees' case,they're stranded for months, without food,water, and other personal care objects

it might take years or even centuries before any of these isn't a problem anymore

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#12  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Burma's Rohingya refugees have nowhere to go. After their villages had been burnt down by racist Burmese, they've been either forced into concentration camps or brutally driven into the seas, and then driven back into the seas by neighbouring countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh and Thailand. Countless Rohingya refugees have been made stateless and forced into a "Life of Pi" life-death situation on the Indian Ocean.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

:(

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Disgusting news..

The muslim minority has it bad over there I hear. But the news is hardly covering it.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Smashbrossive50

@killerfist: hardly there are,pal..I don't know why international media don't do extensive reports on cases where people risk lives like these other than places where it doesn't occur . I'm sick of low international media attention span here in the country I live in,it's like the "big power" deserve these as a toy of expressing oneself not to the others.just fantastic...someday soon,there won't be a little media fortress lying about where things are made up in order to catch an unsuspecting audience

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@themajormayor said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Calm down

I'm quite calm. You seem a bit twisted though....

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@themajormayor said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Calm down

I'm quite calm. You seem a bit twisted though....

You're not calm enough.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's not a "want" issue, it's a "need" issue.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Not sure why they don't come to Canada.

We let everyone in.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Helping them would be act of humanitarianism.

Does anyone else see a more organized global system of interaction between nations as a logical future step to solving this sort of issue?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
@BranKetra said:

Does anyone else see a more organized global system of interaction between nations as a logical future step to solving this sort of issue?

Possibly, but it's such an extremely difficult & complicated thing to organise. It's a debate we are constantly having here in Aus (we have a lot of people trying to come here illegally from Asia & the sub-continent/Middle East etc). The problem is, as much as you would like to take everyone in and help them, it would just open the floodgates and masses of people will start to come, risking their lives in the process. It's just not realistic to take in everyone who comes.

Also, a lot of them aren't real refugees who actually are fleeing their country for whatever reason... they are people just trying to jump the queue because they want to re-settle in another country. It's very hard to determine which are actual refugees.

But it is fast becoming a global problem, and one which, like you said, might need a global solution.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 branketra

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@BranKetra said:

Possibly, but it's such an extremely difficult & complicated thing to organise. It's a debate we are constantly having here in Aus (we have a lot of people trying to come here illegally from Asia & the sub-continent/Middle East etc). The problem is, as much as you would like to take everyone in and help them, it would just open the floodgates and masses of people will start to come, risking their lives in the process. It's just not realistic to take in everyone who comes.

Also, a lot of them aren't real refugees who actually are fleeing their country for whatever reason... they are people just trying to jump the queue because they want to re-settle in another country. It's very hard to determine which are actual refugees.

But it is fast becoming a global problem, and one which, like you said, might need a global solution.

I am thinking of an international refugee assistance program with a traveling system capable of navigating flight, sea, and land. Every country in the United Nations could contribute to its budget. Each member of the United Nations would have programs to accommodate refugees and integrate them into their culture. It would be a lot of work, but it would be worth preventing death by malnutrition while traveling because certain nearby countries refuse to accept certain people.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

They don't have room.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

The boats should be torpedoed. All countries should do that. There's too many people and not enough resources. If they do make it, they become a burden to that society. Just end their suffering.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@BranKetra said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@BranKetra said:

I am thinking of an international refugee assistance program with a traveling system capable of navigating flight, sea, and land. Every country in the United Nations could contribute to its budget. Each member of the United Nations would have programs to accommodate refugees and integrate them into their culture. It would be a lot of work, but it would be worth preventing death by malnutrition while traveling because certain nearby countries refuse to accept certain people.

As long as they are genuine refugees, then absolutely. But that's the problem, a lot of them aren't... and trying to distinguish between them is near impossible sometimes.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#26 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@SOedipus said:

The boats should be torpedoed. All countries should do that. There's too many people and not enough resources. If they do make it, they become a burden to that society. Just end their suffering.

If you think it's such a good idea to murder people to reduce the world population... Would you murder yourself to prove your point?

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

that's sad. at least let them through so they can get to australia

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By branketra

@SOedipus

The reason I find your comment completely unreliable is because it is unfitting as a solution to a problem. The burden of refugees is temporary as long as a system of opportunity is in place to make said refugees productive members of the societies they need safe haven in for the moment. Your response implies they are a problem which ought to result in death. This is a murderous thought and, quite frankly, has no credible position in civilized society, let alone on GameSpot.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 branketra

@hrt_rulz01: Identification technology is quite capable and it is improving.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@Jag85: Right after you m'man.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

You can't save everyone.

Sacrificing a nation's culture for people who will in all likelihood be a drain on resources isn't ethical.

I support Malaysia and Indonesia for thinking of THEIR people first and foremost.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By branketra

@magicalclick

Are there no other alternatives?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

My wife told me that back in the 1980's the Philippines allowed Vietnamese boat people in. They were housed in a refugee processing center where they waited until other countries were found that would take them in. Most refugees were able to relocate elsewhere and the refugee center was closed after the flow of boat people ceased. There's a lot to be said about Philippine hospitality despite having many problems of its own.

I don't see why the other Southeast Asian countries cannot do that, especially Malaysia which has all that oil money.

Doing a little research..... Back in the 1930's, the Philippines was also one of the places that allowed Jewish refugees (fleeing Hitler's Germany) to enter even though it was a US colony and the US itself did not allow Jewish refugees to land on its shores.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By branketra

@magicalclick said:

@BranKetra:

You can ask USA to gun blazing and kill all oppressors. And have red cross to rebuild it afterward. Plus screaming USA did it again.

No, thanks. I made a petition, instead.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Good idea.. there are already too many people there.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Smashbrossive50

@foxhound_fox said:

Not sure why they don't come to Canada.

We let everyone in.

not sure about that...but in my{hardly accurate} research, it might take another half year to even reach Japan by boat via Southeast Asia..by the time they reached Alaska,I have a fear that 9/10 of the group did not survive

@iloveatlus said:

that's sad. at least let them through so they can get to australia

I don't know if it's true,but the Australian immigration policy prevents these since they don't allow my people's asylum request in fear they spread "un-islamic" extremism

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: you've got to be the most retarded person on this forum.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Smashbrossive50

@richietickles said:

You can't can save everyone.

Sacrificing a nation's culture for people who will in all likelihood be a drain on resources isn't ethical.

I support Malaysia and Indonesia for thinking of THEIR people first and foremost.

point 1: you must be a joke,thinking that man doesn't save each other,you should be ashamed of yourself,what if I told you,you are the only person in existence and we're all in a place far away,would you save yourself? I don't think so. I fixed the point to make sure it's right.

point 2: it's unethical,yes,but some countries are stingy in resources,like the commodities are for the locals,not for foreigners.

point 3: I agree in why we should care for each other(forget that "man can't be saved" bs),to start a social ladder, one must start with the nearest community,and then,improvise with the outer region,soon the whole world will know what I* and the others** can do to help those in need

*= I am an Indonesian myself

**= those who are outside and around me

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#42 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@BranKetra said:

I don't think the world will be able to draft a final solution to this any time soon though.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Smashbrossive50

@THE_DRUGGIE: there will be a solution to it,and sure it takes time to do it,but don't take too long,it might end in chaos and misery follows,there are people who don't even last a week because of being stranded in the middle of the sea with nothing in hand or others. those who saw a harbor will get protection and nutrition by the port authorities in order to help them return safely

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@THE_DRUGGIE: there will be a solution to it,and sure it takes time to do it,but don't take too long,it might end in chaos and misery follows,there are people who don't even last a week because of being stranded in the middle of the sea with nothing in hand or others. those who saw a harbor will get protection and nutrition by the port authorities in order to help them return safely

What about, and being Devil's Advocate here, just blowing those refugee boats out of the water? No more live refugees, no problem.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Smashbrossive50

@THE_DRUGGIE: I'd still call that inhumane,these people lived without homes,and the ocean's not so kind to them either,so how would you save them? the devil's advocate will never be heard by the grand jury,as the jury seeks impartiality.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 THE_DRUGGIE

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@THE_DRUGGIE: I'd still call that inhumane,these people lived without homes,and the ocean's not so kind to them either,so how would you save them? the devil's advocate will never be heard by the grand jury,as the jury seeks impartiality.

The part of the devil's advocate situation here is that, in a way, that's saving them. It saves them from persecution by their country and saves them from possibly starving to death at sea. It saves them from being fed, sent back, persecuted, and then re-starting the vicious cycle.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@richietickles said:

You can't save everyone.

agreed

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Smashbrossive50

@THE_DRUGGIE: so the advocate is being heard through retrial...who will ensure the safety of the people? I can only think of the Burmese embassy rep here

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@THE_DRUGGIE: so the advocate is being heard through retrial...who will ensure the safety of the people? I can only think of the Burmese embassy rep here

Safety of the people? Ensuring safety by blowing the boats up would be madness! I'm talking about the devil's advocate saying that blowing the boats up, killing them in the process, would swiftly put an end to a cycle the refugees would most likely experience if we simply sent them back.

It's like a mercy kill.