Mad Max: Fury Road - Comic-Con Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Today, Warner Bros. uploaded to their YouTube page the first trailer for the upcoming action film Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the Mad Max series. This was the trailer that premiered at this year's Comic-Con. I have to say, this looks good so far.

What say you, OT?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I saw that just a bit ago....looks interesting.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Damn it Hallen, I was just going to make this topic!! *shakes fist*

My reaction to this footage?

Loading Video...

Love the visceral high octane feel of the trailer. Original trilogy is my second favorite action franchise, behind 'Lethal Weapon', and I am so glad Miller is back to "reboot" the franchise he created. Plus THOSE PRACTICAL EFFECTS! I needs me some car crashing mayhem.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@SaintLeonidas said:

Damn it Hallen, I was just going to make this topic!! *shakes fist*

Love the visceral high octane feel of the trailer. Original trilogy is my second favorite action franchise, behind 'Lethal Weapon', and I am so glad Miller is back to "reboot" the franchise he created. Plus THOSE PRACTICAL EFFECTS! I needs me some car crashing mayhem.

Digging out my old DVD copy of the first movie now. Speaking of which, Shout! Factory has announced that they're working on a special edition blu-ray of Mad Max as part of their Scream Factory imprint for next year. Looking forward to that.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Snazzy

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I know this is Off-Topic and all, but I have to ask. Where the heck did that video game disappear to? I know there was one in development by the Just Cause developers and I have never heard any talk of existence after the initial announcement.

Anyway, the movie looks.........toasty.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@behardy24 said:

I know this is Off-Topic and all, but I have to ask. Where the heck did that video game disappear to? I know there was one in development by the Just Cause developers and I have never heard any talk of existence after the initial announcement.

It's still in development. I wouldn't be surprised to hear more until close to the release date of the movie--May 15, 2015.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Tom Hardys awesome and I'm sure he will be great but I didn't like the fake looking clean MTV look at all.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Looks not horrible.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I'm excited to go see it. A friend and I already planned too :P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Same plot and setting may not appeal to everyone in todays generation ( people expects new from past ) , seems director george miller is stuck in past work. Same ol punks , same ol cars , same ol desert same everything lyk a MAD MAX V2.0.

Still, i'll try to watch it forcefully for antagonist Charlize Theron :)

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@indzman said:

Same plot and setting may not appeal to everyone todays generation ( people expects new from past ) , seems director george miller is stuck in past work. Same ol punks , same ol cars , same ol desert same everything lyk a MAD MAX V2.0.

Well, it IS a post-apocalyptic film, so I don't think you're gonna see a whole lot of slick looking villains and sleek looking vehicles. Even it is nothing more than "Mad Max 2.0," I don't think it's a bad thing. A lot of action movies within the past few years are CGI heavy and very polished looking, and here's something that's is purely old-school. I think it's going to appeal to some of the younger crowd because it DOESN'T look CG'd within an inch of its life.

Here's some posters that the studio has released as well:

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 indzman

@hallenbeck77 said:

@indzman said:

Same plot and setting may not appeal to everyone todays generation ( people expects new from past ) , seems director george miller is stuck in past work. Same ol punks , same ol cars , same ol desert same everything lyk a MAD MAX V2.0.

Well, it IS a post-apocalyptic film, so I don't think you're gonna see a whole lot of slick looking villains and sleek looking vehicles. Even it is nothing more than "Mad Max 2.0," I don't think it's a bad thing. A lot of action movies within the past few years are CGI heavy and very polished looking, and here's something that's is purely old-school. I think it's going to appeal to some of the younger crowd because it DOESN'T look CG'd within an inch of its life.

Yup, action looks solid specially the car chases and blasts. Not fan of heavy cgi myself. Kinda skeptical towards plot and setting , but i guess you can't just change it also just lyk that lol. I was expecting something very new as a post apocalyptic cities ( like TLOU , new villains , new cars ) Heh. Posters looking good :)

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@indzman said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

@indzman said:

Yup, action looks solid specially the car chases and blasts. Not fan of heavy cgi myself. Kinda skeptical towards plot and setting , but i guess you can't just change it also just lyk that lol. I was expecting something very new as a post apocalyptic cities ( like TLOU , new villains , new cars ) Heh. Posters looking good :)

I'm curious about the story as well. According to some articles it's supposedly taking place between the first and second movies. Miller has said in recent interviews that dialogue for this movie is kept to a minimum--he wanted the story to be told visually throughout the movie. Supposedly Tom Hardy only has about 16 lines in the entire film.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

Lame. I kept waiting for Pac's verse to drop and it never did..

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 indzman

Just checked cast , wow about half a dozen actresses in this ( including Theron and Transformers 3 actress ), what are they supposed to do in this brutal all man vs man movie ??? Survivors or raped prisoners i suppose.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Behardy24

@hallenbeck77 said:

@behardy24 said:

It's still in development. I wouldn't be surprised to hear more until close to the release date of the movie--May 15, 2015.

I wonder where the game is going to fit into all this. Unless they have changed something recently, I know for sure it is a standalone and no in anyway connected to the movie (It was announced way before the movie of course). I have never watched any of the Mad Max films (will try to soon though if it's on DVD) but since I believe it's all about cars and killing people with them, I imagine the game will turn out a lot like Twisted Metal.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@behardy24 said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

@behardy24 said:

I wonder where the game is going to fit into all this. Unless they have changed something recently, I know for sure it is a standalone and no in anyway connected to the movie (It was announced way before the movie of course). I have never watched any of the Mad Max films (will try to soon though if it's on DVD) but since I believe it's all about cars and killing people with them, I imagine the game will turn out a lot like Twisted Metal.

Probably won't be tied in with the movie, but I imagine it'll be released in time for it's release for marketing purposes, being that Warner Bros. is distributing the game and holds the rights to the film series and merchandising from the second film on (MGM owns the first film.)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Ive only seen the trailor so i cant really comment on the film.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uninspiredcup

@indzman said:

Same plot and setting may not appeal to everyone in todays generation ( people expects new from past ) , seems director george miller is stuck in past work. Same ol punks , same ol cars , same ol desert same everything lyk a MAD MAX V2.0.

Max mad doesn't take place in the desert and the reason the movie is called "mad max" is because he family get killed by a band of outlaws which causes him to go mental. This looks more like Thunderdom which had a much more massive budget and Hollywood feel compared to the first 2.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SaintLeonidas

@uninspiredcup said:

@indzman said:

Max mad doesn't take place in the desert and the reason the movie is called "mad max" is because he family get killed by a band of outlaws which causes him to go mental. This looks more like Thunderdom which had a much more massive budget and Hollywood feel compared to the first 2.

How the hell does this look more like Thunderdome than The Road Warrior?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 uninspiredcup

@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@indzman said:

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@indzman said:

Still, 'Fury Road' is practically a carbon copy of 'The Road Warrior', which is why many consider it essentially a reboot. Just because it might have a bigger budget (MUCH bigger than any of the original three) does not mean it visual, tonally or thematically looks anything like 'Thunderdome'. It actually looks about as far from 'Thunderdome' as the first two were.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Apparently it's done and they're just sitting on it to release next year. For the few Hollywood insiders that have had the pleasure of watching it already the hype has been nothing but good.

If this turns out like Dredd I'll be a happy man. Big budget R-rated action movies need to make a comeback in a big way.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

@indzman said:

Just checked cast , wow about half a dozen actresses in this ( including Theron and Transformers 3 actress ), what are they supposed to do in this brutal all man vs man movie ??? Survivors or raped prisoners i suppose.

Wow man you sound like a total piece of ****.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@DaJuicyMan said:

@indzman said:

Yeah, and he CLEARLY hasn't seen the original trilogy based on that comment. Making his complaint that it looks too much like the originals all the more hilarious.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27  Edited By CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@Master_Live said:

Looks not horrible.

^ This.

I will probably wait a few years when it shows up on tv.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Today, Warner Bros. uploaded to their YouTube page the first trailer for the upcoming action film Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the Mad Max series. This was the trailer that premiered at this year's Comic-Con. I have to say, this looks good so far.

What say you, OT?

Looks good but Tom hardy???

He did a ok job as Bane but he wasn't a great bane.

So if they didn´t pick Mel i would have hoped they would have picked someone who would be just a crazy.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

Looks flashy and 'gritty clean' with unrealistically good looking people who could pass as models in lead and supporting roles. It doesn't seem to have the edginess of the original. The trailer gives me the impression that they turned 'Mad Max' into your typical Hollywood action flick with an invincible hero. He's meant to be psychologically scarred. Don't like the in-your-face tint either. It needs more neutral tones in parts to emphasise the desolation and plainness of the landscape. Seems to be all style and no substance...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

awesome, I had no idea this was coming so I'm pleasantly surprised, makes sense why WBIE would be working on their Mad Max game to coincide with the release of the movie

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By indzman

@SaintLeonidas said:

@DaJuicyMan said:

@indzman said:

Yeah, and he CLEARLY hasn't seen the original trilogy based on that comment. Making his complaint that it looks too much like the originals all the more hilarious.

Seen 1 and 2 . Few female and children survivors being there ( Trying to escape ) , One getting raped and killed , but not this many actresses lol. Thats why i'm surprised , Heh.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'm 50/50 after seeing the trailer, the chase scenes and the action look awesome but I'm not digging how Max keeps on getting is ass kicked in pretty much every scene in that trailer except like 2 scenes.

There's a few mixed sources (no one can confirm) that this is ether a reboot or takes place between 1 and 2.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 indzman

@Iszdope said:

Their world crumbled, cities exploded

A whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear

Men began to feed on men

On the roads it was a white line nightmare

Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive

The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice

And in this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men were battered and smashed

*wipes tears*

That was beautiful dopey

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 indzman

You are my mad dopey =P

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

The trailer does reminds me of Thunderdome, it feels like the last car sequence just expanded.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I'm curious whether this has continuity with the other movies, I mean he lost the Interceptor in Road Warrior pretty much and here he is losing it again. Seems to me like a series reboot.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@indzman said:

I read this about 1-2 years ago because that's how long this movie has been in development hell. Apparently beautiful women are a treasured commodity in the world now because there are so few them left.

This was originally going to be shot in the Australian outback but it rains every few years there and the whole outback blooms so they moved to Africa (Namibia I think).

The trailer blew me away, but I've been tricked before. I remember I thought 300 had the most badass trailer I'd ever seen but the movie was a snoozefest.

I'm glad to see they've brought back Hugh Keays-Byrne and I'm hoping Desmond Wells (the bad guy from Mad Max 2) and Mel Gibson atleast make cameos.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Loading Video...

Now that's a goddamn trailer!

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@indzman said:

Be sexy of course. <_<

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
@Brutal_Elitegs said:

Um...wow. That looks completely ridiculous and 100% awesome. Anybody's guess if the movie will be any good, but that's one hell of a trailer. I was always interested in this movie, but now I'm dying to see it.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

Wow, so that's 34, 35, 36...over 36 posts about the Pointer Sisters. Man, you guys really love your 80s-tinged R&B.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

This thing looks fucking bonkers. Hot damn.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Behardy24

A thread from the dead :O

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Behardy24

@Brutal_Elitegs said:
Loading Video...

Epic!

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SaintLeonidas

Please excuse my massive erection.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Brutal_Elitegs:

You've could have made a new thread instead of bumping a 4 month old one. If you want to do so, feel free, but I'm gonna have to close this one. Sorry.