This topic is locked from further discussion.

Legacyoftain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Legacyoftain
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts
So a co-worker and I were talking about being in school yard fights when we were younger and the topic came up about what we would do if we got in a scrap at out age now...I said "I'd punch the other guy in the **** as soon as he came at me" and hey fliped out on me as to how un manly of a move that was...and I said "but I am the one standing and walking away"..let it be known that I have studied brazilian gracie jujitsu and kendo/iaido so I am all about ending a fight quickly with as little damage to myself as possible (as is anyone I think)..He honestly said he would rather get the crap kicked out of him than resort to that. Just wanted to hear thoughts and opinions on this...btw I am in no way advocating violence or **** punching for sport....just watercooler talk at work thats all. lol
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
If it was a one on one fight, no I wouldn't resort to that. But if a couple guys attacked me, or say a burglar was in my house and jumped me, then all bets are off.
joetira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 joetira
Member since 2005 • 2879 Posts
since its a rule to not do that in fights, you would like loose the fight in everyones eyes if you did. You would loose a ton of respect.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
I prefer chairs and sticks......
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
It depends on the type of fight.  If you are in a school yard fight or duel, then you may want to observe some rules.  If you are fighting for your life, then anything goes.
sped_ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sped_ed
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts
There is no such thing as a fair fight. The purpose of a fight is to hurt the other person as much as possible, so where you hit them isn't really a factor, its how bad they're hurting after its over.
Mercury88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mercury88
Member since 2005 • 5674 Posts

I wouldn't hit them there either.....

kyleali11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kyleali11
Member since 2006 • 11820 Posts
I prefer chairs and sticks......LostProphetFLCL
i perfer gunz, that is why i play Halo :) violence in real life just isn't as fun
Total_Sabotage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Total_Sabotage
Member since 2005 • 20957 Posts
The only time ya can do that is if ya get attacked by a group of people and use it as a last resort but on one on one if ya done it and people were watching you'd be frowned upon by ever guy ya know
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
The only time ya can do that is if ya get attacked by a group of people and use it as a last resort but on one on one if ya done it and people were watching you'd be frowned upon by ever guy ya knowTotal_Sabotage
Not only frowned upon, but some of them may even beat you up for it.
Legacyoftain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Legacyoftain
since its a rule to not do that in fights, you would like loose the fight in everyones eyes if you did. You would loose a ton of respect.joetira
its a rule not to do that? lol what rule book is this? the same rule book that people with knives and guns play by? This is a real life fight situation not a sanctioned boxing or ufc match. One of the things I learned studying gracie jujitsu is not to "weigh" the danger of a situation but treat every fight equally...hence one man attacking you can be just as deadly as 3 men attacking so you treat every fight with the same severity. Doesn't matter if Bea Arthur (from the Golden Girls) rushes me or if Sly Stallone does...bring them down quickly and efficiently.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
of course I'd use it....anyone who says they'ed rather get their arse kicked than to do so is just a Darwin Award candidate that's waiting to happen....you fight to win.....not to show how "tough" you are.....would it be my first option?.....probably not.....but if push comes to shove.....the junk is fair game....
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
There are no rules unless you're fighting for money... but a low blow in an one-on-one fight doesn't sound right.
joetira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 joetira
[QUOTE="joetira"]since its a rule to not do that in fights, you would like loose the fight in everyones eyes if you did. You would loose a ton of respect.Legacyoftain
its a rule not to do that? lol what rule book is this? the same rule book that people with knives and guns play by? This is a real life fight situation not a sanctioned boxing or ufc match. One of the things I learned studying gracie jujitsu is not to "weigh" the danger of a situation but treat every fight equally...hence one man attacking you can be just as deadly as 3 men attacking so you treat every fight with the same severity. Doesn't matter if Bea Arthur (from the Golden Girls) rushes me or if Sly Stallone does...bring them down quickly and efficiently.

its an unspoken rule, and don't kid yourself alright? You can use lowblows if your in a real fight like on the streets, but your not. Your talking about schoolyard fights which are usually not real fights and are probably less hardcore than a UFC fight. So stop BSing yourself alright?
Legacyoftain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Legacyoftain
of course I'd use it....anyone who says they'ed rather get their arse kicked than to do so is just a Darwin Award candidate that's waiting to happen....you fight to win.....not to show how "tough" you are.....would it be my first option?.....probably not.....but if push comes to shove.....the junk is fair game....Omni-Slash
I like that response...guarantee ya that there would be less violence (in the fist fight sense) in this country if men knew the junk was fair game...I know I wouldn't ever wanna fight if I had to fear for my "boys" every time....
Legacyoftain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Legacyoftain
[QUOTE="Legacyoftain"][QUOTE="joetira"]since its a rule to not do that in fights, you would like loose the fight in everyones eyes if you did. You would loose a ton of respect.joetira

its an unspoken rule, and don't kid yourself alright? You can use lowblows if your in a real fight like on the streets, but your not. Your talking about schoolyard fights which are usually not real fights and are probably less hardcore than a UFC fight. So stop BSing yourself alright?

dude I don't have schoolyard fights anymore...but a scrap in a bar is a different story....so stop kidding YOUR self...the school yard reference was just a point of origin to the conversation. and yes its an unwritten rule...but real fights don't play by rules...if you have ever been in one or seen one..you would know that..life isnt like video games where two men square off and an announcer says FIGHT then you duke it out till there is a k.o.....a lot of street fights end much worse (i.e curb stomping or death) so wake up and join reality..I saw two men argue in a club the other night..one guy turned his back and the other guy decked him in the back of the head and kicked his ribs....where are the RULES then? still a 1 on 1 fight though..so the junk is offlimits right? hahahaha
joetira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joetira
[QUOTE="joetira"][QUOTE="Legacyoftain"][QUOTE="joetira"]since its a rule to not do that in fights, you would like loose the fight in everyones eyes if you did. You would loose a ton of respect.Legacyoftain

dude I don't have schoolyard fights anymore...but a scrap in a bar is a different story....so stop kidding YOUR self...the school yard reference was just a point of origin to the conversation. and yes its an unwritten rule...but real fights don't play by rules...if you have ever been in one or seen one..you would know that..life isnt like video games where two men square off and an announcer says FIGHT then you duke it out till there is a k.o.....a lot of street fights end much worse (i.e curb stomping or death) so wake up and join reality..I saw two men argue in a club the other night..one guy turned his back and the other guy decked him in the back of the head and kicked his ribs....where are the RULES then? still a 1 on 1 fight though..so the junk is offlimits right? hahahaha

alright, well I didn't read your first post properly, but read my second sentence.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
I never get in fights, but if I couldn't avoid one I'd kick dirt in their faces and hit them in their manly hood. I have things to do than fight.
Legacyoftain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Legacyoftain
no worries bro :)
Squidward117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Squidward117
Member since 2005 • 4374 Posts
Hitting a man's junk is very low. As is kicking them when they're down. I never resort to that during a fight. Even if it's life or death. 
Frankazami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Frankazami
Member since 2006 • 1517 Posts
Nah I don't participate into any fights whatsoever, unless I intend on losing.
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 xhellcatx
Member since 2006 • 9015 Posts
Well. I am a girl, and here is my point of view. If its MAN vs MAN...(and 1 on 1 ) no punch to the junk. If its M v M (and 1 on 2 or more ) punch to the junk IF ONLY TOTALLY NECCESIARY.....Now mind you this only goes if the fight is agreed upon and you just arent getting jumped out of no where...if its a surprize attack...by all means punch to the junk AND kick him while hes down. NOW. If its M v W, and the guy is definatly dominating the match...W gets special priviladge (seeing as any M who fights a W deserves this punishment anyhow...in my eyes...UNLESS the W brings it on and attacks first.) ....I guess its a little complicated but it does make sense. There are times you definatly dont...and this is most of the time. Only call for it is if its a bad situation.