Love it or Hate it GS in it's current state

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) 8 months, 25 days ago

Poll: Love it or Hate it GS in it's current state (27 votes)

Hate it 63%
Hate it 37%

Love the new look but hate the lack of privacy settings.

Hate the lack of moderator actions.

Hate the bugs.

Hate GS in it's present state.

#1 Posted by johnd13 (7782 posts) -

I like it. Things are better now that I got used to the new look and with some further improvements it's gonna be just fine.

#2 Edited by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

I like it.....it is not perfect but is is good.

#3 Posted by sukraj (21470 posts) -

I like the new look too.

#4 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

It keeps growing on me to be honest.

#5 Posted by VintAge68 (386 posts) -

I preferred the former site which had more individuality. Despite the look there are few things that really seem better now (if any) but one gets used to all. I guess the end of all this site renewal will be the fusion with GiantBomb, perhaps as sort of "GiantSpot," under the auspices of CBS...

#6 Posted by DrvoJavorovo (40 posts) -

I liked the last one, slowly getting used to this one, its not that bad at all.

#7 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149319 posts) -

I don't dislike nor like it per se. It's a forum. But I do think it still needs some work. Like tracking friends blogs. Why do we need to see every post we make and they make in our profiles? How about letting us know which threads we posted in and taking us to the first new post again?

The profiles are a bit cluttered now. On the upside....they fixed user names.

#8 Posted by Blueresident87 (5190 posts) -

Overall, it's fine. There are far too many issues that need to be resolved still though

#9 Edited by ferrari2001 (16639 posts) -

I don't love it but I'm getting used to it and the new features are certainly nice. It's a welcome change. As the bugs get fixed it should only get better.

#10 Posted by tenaka2 (17012 posts) -

Quality control has been very poor.

#11 Posted by Freebird8877 (3407 posts) -

It needs a lot of work.

#12 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -

don't mind it so much anymore

#13 Posted by Shadow4020 (1935 posts) -

I like it, but I miss a few things.

#14 Edited by konvikt_17 (22090 posts) -

#15 Posted by thegerg (14183 posts) -

neither

#16 Edited by BranKetra (47343 posts) -

I dislike the lack of Stacks functionality and the fact that I am getting a 404 error when I am creating a new topic.

#17 Edited by OmitName (717 posts) -

@VintAge68 eww giantspot sounds gross. first thing my imagination issues is a doctor being so off put by it, when having them have a look, that they forget where and who they are for a bit and say 'ugh! you know you ought to have a doctor look at that."

#18 Posted by MrGeezer (55909 posts) -

They need to get rid of that "online now" tag. I don't like other people knowing where I am.

#19 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (27929 posts) -

The layout is growing on me, but they still need to implement what made the past layout so great.

Also, posting this to see my sig.

#20 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -

It keeps growing on me to be honest.

#21 Edited by PsychoLemons (1878 posts) -

It could have been better.

#22 Posted by Tag_Heuer (3 posts) -

It's not really practical and it got rid of the things that made it unique. They're trying to be too much like IGN.

#23 Posted by TAMKFan (32678 posts) -

I don't particular love it or hate, but it does need some improvement.

#24 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10683 posts) -

I don't love it or hate it, but I do like it.

#25 Posted by indzman (16244 posts) -

bring back old gamespot , new gamespot sucks !!!

#26 Edited by Minishdriveby (9905 posts) -

It needs improvement. I'm not sure if there is a way to click on previous forum posts to be directed to where you left the thread. I've been having to click the thread and then click through to find where I last commented to read through new comments. It's annoying. The site looks okay, but some features have been muted which is annoying.

Content wise though there's nothing really bringing me to GameSpot, outside of forums which seem to have shriveled up.

#27 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149319 posts) -

It needs improvement. I'm not sure if there is a way to click on previous forum posts to be directed to where you left the thread. I've been having to click the thread and then click through to find where I last commented to read through new comments. It's annoying. The site looks okay, but some features have been muted which is annoying.

Content wise though there's nothing really bringing me to GameSpot, outside of forums which seem to have shriveled up.

This is the problem.....not sure why....but it's so slow in here now.

#28 Edited by Hexagon_777 (20012 posts) -

It fookin sucks, mate. GameSpot doesn't allow you to have links in your forum signature, you can't preview posts before posting any longer, THEY JUST TOOK AWAY A BUNCH OF OPTIONS. It fookin sucks. Computer Hardware Discussion isn't even linked to now on the forum list. YaY, it's clean and shiny, but I am not nearly daft enough to sacrifice a bunch of options to have cleaner a forum.

#29 Posted by sonicare (53369 posts) -

I'm still figuring out the new system. everytime I finally get confident with the forums, they change them. :/

#30 Posted by lensflare15 (6163 posts) -

Like the layout of the main forum and the new posting system. hate the lack of Unions, decrease in traffic, post history, lack of boards on the front page, and the new pages for reviews.

#31 Posted by commissar666 (11 posts) -

I hate, I've been a member here for years and always loved the old layouts, everything was straight forward and easy to find. This new Gamespot everything seems to be scattered and has no cohesion at all plus the notifications have seem to stop working all together for me. If things stay the same i'm going to have to find a new game site.

#32 Posted by --Anna-- (4489 posts) -

Nasty changes, no reason to come here anymore. See you at AnandTech, Steam and IGN. Cheers All !

#33 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15606 posts) -

My only gripe was the glacially slow navigation during the first few days. But, it seems okay now.

#34 Edited by Ace6301 (21388 posts) -

It keeps switching me back to the white background. Based on this alone it's worse than a convention center full of Hitlers.