Lots of people thought Spielberg killed a Dinosaur...

• 60 results
#1 Edited by Kevlar101 (6142 posts) -

Link...to the most depressing article you will likely read all month.

Apparently, a bunch of morons on Facebook thought that this image of Steven Spielberg posing on the set of Jurassic Park is real, and that he actually went out and slaughtered a dinosaur for sport.

Let me be perfectly clear on this.

There are people on this Earth who are unaware that dinosaurs have been extinct for over 65 million years, and are raising hell over this image of Spielberg posing on the set of Jurassic Park with a (fake) Triceratops because they think that he slaughtered it in the wild.

There is no hope. Not anymore. All hope for humanity died with this occurrence.

#3 Posted by Iszdope (9972 posts) -

^ Dat's racist.

#4 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10555 posts) -

He did! I remember reading a whole thing about it on Facebook!

#5 Posted by indzman (17775 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

Link...to the most depressing article you will likely read all month.

Apparently, a bunch of morons on Facebook thought that this image of Steven Spielberg posing on the set of Jurassic Park is real, and that he actually went out and slaughtered a dinosaur for sport.

Let me be perfectly clear on this.

There are people on this Earth who are unaware that dinosaurs have been extinct for over 65 million years, and are raising hell over this image of Spielberg posing on the set of Jurassic Park with a (fake) Triceratops because they think that he slaughtered it in the wild.

There is no hope. Not anymore. All hope for humanity died with this occurrence.

Internet people are getting more retarded and lazy as days going by

#6 Edited by Black_Alpha_G (90 posts) -

Even though I already saw this, reading about it again makes me think there will always be people who believe Onion News type stuff.

Seriously, a dinosaur? Come the hell on.

#7 Edited by Master_Live (14563 posts) -

All hope for humanity had already died a long time ago.

#8 Posted by Celldrax (14604 posts) -

What the shit?

This movie is almost 25 years old now (that and the obvious dinosaur extinction).

Information is literally at our fingertips these days, yet it seems people have somehow gotten dumber...

#9 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2673 posts) -

Honestly nothing can surprise me at this point.

#10 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (813 posts) -

Don't forget that there are also those who think Titanic and Pearl Harbor were just movies and not real life events.

#11 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22129 posts) -

obvious trolls, nothing more. But I do know someone here( he's like like 50 and from a third world country) couldn't believe dinosaurs have existed. Guess they didn't teach dinosaurs in the school he goes to.

#12 Posted by Behardy24 (4183 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

#13 Edited by Kevlar101 (6142 posts) -

@TheShadowLord07 said:

obvious trolls, nothing more.

No.

#14 Edited by Black_Alpha_G (90 posts) -
@Kevlar101 said:

@TheShadowLord07 said:

No.

I'm gonna have to agree with Kevlar. These aren't trolls. People really can be that fucking stupid. The internet just makes it easier to spot them. Have you been on Facebook? This kind of stuff is rampant there.

#15 Posted by Treflis (11554 posts) -

It's as if you can hear the wind blow through their ears. Whispering "empty.."

#16 Posted by Iszdope (9972 posts) -

Our Prime Minister is a dinosaur.

#17 Posted by one_plum (6354 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

Spielberg for Prime Minister!

#18 Posted by Iszdope (9972 posts) -

@one_plum said:

@Iszdope said:

Spielberg for Prime Minister!

I'd buy that for a dollar.

#19 Edited by final_lap (327 posts) -

Judging by the 3 sample comments posted in the article, the people being "offended" are clearly in on the joke.

This is a surreal article. It's making up a story where there is none. The joke is on us, not the commenters.

#20 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10167 posts) -

there are also people on this planet who can't tell trolling from actual stupidity.

#21 Edited by lamprey263 (23894 posts) -

a lot of people are stupid, nothing new

#22 Posted by megagene (23009 posts) -

That's just the tip of the iceberg compared to some hardcore internet stupidity.

#23 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26255 posts) -

#24 Posted by GamerForca (7093 posts) -

Some of those posts really, really read like troll posts. Obviously some people are that stupid, but there were clearly a lot of trolls in there too.

#25 Edited by JohnF111 (14092 posts) -

@GamerForca: yeah I love the irony in that.

#26 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16756 posts) -

I read that when mot people see a news story they only really read the headline. Hence the posting of a whole lotta BS on FB.

#27 Edited by KHAndAnime (13742 posts) -

@GamerForca said:

Some of those posts really, really read like troll posts. Obviously some people are that stupid, but there were clearly a lot of trolls in there too.

I don't know about that...I'm more convinced the stupid people are the ones in this thread.

Nobody believes dinosaurs exist (aside from toddlers), and if you think people believe that, then you guys are perfectly suited for this stupidly obvious troll bait.

#28 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151031 posts) -
@Black_Alpha_G said:
@Kevlar101 said:

@TheShadowLord07 said:

No.

I'm gonna have to agree with Kevlar. These aren't trolls. People really can be that fucking stupid. The internet just makes it easier to spot them. Have you been on Facebook? This kind of stuff is rampant there.

Eh some of those comments seem to be people just fucking around and trolling.

#29 Posted by uninspiredcup (8608 posts) -

People use to think giant and colossal squids didn't exist. It wasn't until something like 2-3 years back we actually had proper, real, footage of them alive in their habitat. before it was evidence on wales (scars) beaks and the occasional body washed up. The ocean is a big place, predator X could be out their, waiting.

#30 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8134 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

People use to think giant and colossal squids didn't exist. It wasn't until something like 2-3 years back we actually had proper, real, footage of them alive in their habitat. before it was evidence on wales (scars) beaks and the occasional body washed up. The ocean is a big place, predator X could be out their, waiting.

so what is your point? that dinosaurs still exist? and if we found something that resembled the stereotypical dinosaur, why would it be classified a dinosaur? and there*

#31 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (970 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

@GamerForca said:

I don't know about that...I'm more convinced the stupid people are the ones in this thread.

Nobody believes dinosaurs exist (aside from toddlers), and if you think people believe that, then you guys are perfectly suited for this stupidly obvious troll bait.

Didn't you see the OP? There is clear photo evidence.

This is old news though. Spielberg is notorious for harming animals in his movies. He intentionally causes harm and duress to the poor creatures so they will become agitated and act like "wild monsters" in his movies. Sickening..

#32 Posted by Motokid6 (5606 posts) -

I even remember the scene from the movie...

#33 Edited by uninspiredcup (8608 posts) -

@sherman-tank1 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

so what is your point? that dinosaurs still exist? and if we found something that resembled the stereotypical dinosaur, why would it be classified a dinosaur? and there*

It was a joke post. My bad, forgot Internets. chances are a pseudo intellectual would take issue.

#34 Edited by foxhound_fox (88306 posts) -

It used to be that stupid people kept to themselves and didn't share their thoughts.

Now they have the internet.

#35 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

The worsr part is, these people are breeding and voting.

#36 Posted by foxhound_fox (88306 posts) -

@huggybear1020 said:

The worsr part is, these people are breeding and voting.

And being voted for.

#37 Posted by fmobliv06 (2381 posts) -

Well he made Jurassic Park III, that's close enough in my book.

#38 Edited by BranKetra (48604 posts) -

There is such a thing as group trolling. It is possible that is what occurred there.

#39 Posted by playmynutz (5983 posts) -

I'm pretty sure all dinosaurs had feathers like chickens and tasted great

#40 Posted by foxhound_fox (88306 posts) -

@playmynutz said:

I'm pretty sure all dinosaurs had feathers like chickens and tasted great

According to Wikipedia, the Triceratops was a non-avian dinosaur.

#41 Posted by Wolf-Man2006 (4187 posts) -

I swear the Internet is slowly warping people's brain cells

#42 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I have been claiming for years than mankind as a whole is stupid as fuck, so this isn't surprising to me in the slightest.

#43 Edited by PsychoLemons (2093 posts) -

Has stupidity reach its finest?

#44 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7774 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

#45 Edited by Jd1680a (5941 posts) -

There are people out there who don't know triceratops have been extinct for millions of years. This is shocking and at the same time really sad. I bet these same people dont know how big the Earth is and how old it is.

Complete Ignorance.

#46 Posted by Jd1680a (5941 posts) -

Triceratops have been extinct for millions of years ago. This is sad and shocking at the same time. I bet these same people dont know how big and the age of the Earth.

Complete Ignorance.

#47 Posted by magicalclick (22676 posts) -

Lolz, I don't blame them. People thought Gravity looks real. By that standard, of course Spielberg's props are "real" instead of crappy CGIs. This just shows the new Gen has such low standard.

#48 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12985 posts) -

@magicalclick said:

Lolz, I don't blame them. People thought Gravity looks real. By that standard, of course Spielberg's props are "real" instead of crappy CGIs. This just shows the new Gen has such low standard.

And the older gens were taken by hats and plates as UFOs, toy subs as lake monsters, and lens flare as ghostly orbs.

#49 Edited by magicalclick (22676 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit:

Do you have an article to prove that they believed the movie featuring a real UFO?

#50 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12985 posts) -

@magicalclick said:

@br0kenrabbit:

Do you have an article to prove that they believed the movie featuring a real UFO?

I'm not even talking about movies, sadly it's much more serious than that.