LOST, i've seen one episode

This topic is locked from further discussion.

neohergeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 neohergeo
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts

so.... did they explain where the polar bear came from, cuz that's the only episode i saw.

so what's the explanation?

neohergeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 neohergeo

Has to do with the energy on the island that allows time travel on the island. It wasn't fully explained though, i don't think Mkavanaugh77

ok, that still doesn't explain polar bears on a tropical island

thaidisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thaidisc
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I watched the first season and it did not make any sense at all
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I always thought Lost was milked version of Cast Away
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
People get way too bent out of shape about the polar bears, it had nothing to do with the message of the show.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
People get way too bent out of shape about the polar bears, it had nothing to do with the message of the show.blackngold29
I agree Lost is not about explaining everything although Mkavanaugh77's link explains the polar bears.
Jaguar_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Jaguar_Shade
Member since 2009 • 5822 Posts

so.... did they explain where the polar bear came from, cuz that's the only episode i saw.

so what's the explanation?

neohergeo
Vacation.
neohergeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 neohergeo

[QUOTE="blackngold29"]People get way too bent out of shape about the polar bears, it had nothing to do with the message of the show.kuraimen
I agree Lost is not about explaining everything although Mkavanaugh77's link explains the polar bears.

right, explain this then. howwere most males on the show always clean shaven? were there endless razors for 6 years?

neohergeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 neohergeo

[QUOTE="neohergeo"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] I agree Lost is not about explaining everything although Mkavanaugh77's link explains the polar bears.Mkavanaugh77

right, explain this then. how isevery maleon the show always clean shaven? were there endless razors for 6 years?

They had knives

you're telling me, that every male, including the fat guy, used a knife every single day and had a perfect shave every time?

bs

Jaguar_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaguar_Shade

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"][QUOTE="neohergeo"]

right, explain this then. how isevery maleon the show always clean shaven? were there endless razors for 6 years?

neohergeo

They had knives

you're telling me, that every male, including the fat guy, used a knife every single day and had a perfect shave every time?

bs

You also dont see them to go the toilet. i conclude they do not possess an anus.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

They answered that seasons ago. The polar bear came from experiments that were conducted by the DHARMA Initiative.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blackngold29"]People get way too bent out of shape about the polar bears, it had nothing to do with the message of the show.neohergeo

right, explain this then. howwere most males on the show always clean shaven? were there endless razors for 6 years?

You got me there, Jack was very hairy at the beggining and then he appears with a shaven chest somewhere in the middle I think. I guess they had a laser hair removal facility on Dharma's instalations :P
kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blackngold29"]People get way too bent out of shape about the polar bears, it had nothing to do with the message of the show.neohergeo

They used polar bear claws.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng
[QUOTE="neohergeo"]

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"] They had knivesJaguar_Shade

bs

You also dont see them to go the toilet. i conclude they do not possess an anus.

I don't think we see Jack Bauer going to toilet much... or at least that was the case with season 1..... i think....
Jaguar_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jaguar_Shade

[QUOTE="Jaguar_Shade"][QUOTE="neohergeo"]

bs

funsohng

I don't think we see Jack Bauer going to toilet much... or at least that was the case with season 1..... i think....

Yeah but that's 24 hours...and he's a super agent.

I'm sure that guy can like...hold it.

For at least 48 hours.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
I always thought Lost was milked version of Cast Awayfunsohng
They are almost nothing alike...
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funsohng

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Jaguar_Shade"] You also dont see them to go the toilet. i conclude they do not possess an anus.Jaguar_Shade

Yeah but that's 24 hours...and he's a super agent.

I'm sure that guy can like...hold it.

For at least 48 hours.

well i was thinking if it was done in real time, we inevitably had to watch him evacuate his bowels at some point.... which i think happened during the commercials.
Onizuka36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Onizuka36
Member since 2005 • 8295 Posts

neohergeo

They had knives

bs

I agree. Just look at how clean shaven Hurley is here!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"]I always thought Lost was milked version of Cast Awaywolverine4262

:lol: Yeah really one's good the other is garbage and overrated. [spoiler] Just joking :P But i actually do dislike lost [/spoiler]
Jaguar_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaguar_Shade

[QUOTE="neohergeo"]

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"] They had knivesOnizuka36

bs

I agree. Just look at how clean shaven Hurley is here!

Is that Hurley? Or some old chap from 1862?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 funsohng
[QUOTE="funsohng"]I always thought Lost was milked version of Cast Awaywolverine4262

well they do get stranded in a deserted tropical island or i think that was the premise of Lost.
Onizuka36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Onizuka36
Member since 2005 • 8295 Posts
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="funsohng"]I always thought Lost was milked version of Cast Awayfunsohng

well they do get stranded in a deserted tropical island or i think that was the premise of Lost.

If you were going to try to make a pointless connection, you should have at least used Gilligan's Island instead of Cast Away.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 funsohng
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"] They are almost nothing alike...Onizuka36

If you were going to try to make a pointless connection, you should have at least used Gilligan's Island instead of Cast Away.

Hey, that's what I actually thought it is about. I never watched Lost. All I remember is watching the trailer of the first season before it aired and alluding that it was something about plane crash in a deserted island. And that was a long time ago.
bmaninc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bmaninc
Member since 2005 • 1144 Posts
The polar bears were brought to the island for experiments by a group of people called the Dharma Initiative. They were released from their cages after the people of Dharma were wiped out in what we call "The Purge".
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

What about the smoke monster?

bmaninc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bmaninc
Member since 2005 • 1144 Posts

What about the smoke monster?

gago-gago
The smoke monster was created when someone was pushed into the "Heart of the Island", which was a very bright light (don't worry about why its there). The smoke monster is a shape shifter, and can take the form of any dead body on the island.
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

neohergeo

They had knives

bs

They never had perfect shaves. Their beards were a mess most of the time.