Long Live the King of Tennessee

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts

So hope Jerry lawyer is ok after suffering an heart attack live on Monday night raw, i think it was rude the wrestlers were still preforming don't you? (if you watched it)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jerry-lawler-health-suffered-heart-attack-fan-134000093--mma.html

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Heard about this a bit earlier. Hope he'll be fine. As the the show continuing, no of course I don't find it rude. People are paying to see a show as with the TV slot costing a lot of money.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

that sucks. they should monitor his heart. cause it can happen again.

and for the show continueing? what we say in showbiz"the show must go on"

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Hopefully he gets better, I think the article says he is doing well. I don't think it was rude for the wrestlers to keep wrestling, I think it's kind of a "the show must go on" thing and also it is the wrestlers trying to act normal to prevent the fans from panicking.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whipassmt

So hope Jerry lawyer is ok after suffering an heart attack live on Monday night raw, i think it was rude the wrestlers were still preforming don't you? (if you watched it)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jerry-lawler-health-suffered-heart-attack-fan-134000093--mma.html

AussieePet

Hey, I first saw that story on Yahoo too. Do you also use Yahoo to sign into your e-mail address (i.e. @yahoo.com or @att.net, maybe even @snet.net)?

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AussieePet

Heard about this a bit earlier. Hope he'll be fine. As the the show continuing, no of course I don't find it rude. People are paying to see a show as with the TV slot costing a lot of money.

Pirate700
Well i feel if this was basketball and one of there commentators had an heart attack they would of not continued the game until he is out of the building
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

I had the honor of shaking his hand many years ago. Thoughts and prayers sent his way for a speedy recovery. Looking at the footage, Cole was visibly shaken up, that has to be a tough thing to keep going on with the show.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Does this really deserve a thread? He didn't even die
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 solidruss

Does this really deserve a thread? He didn't even diethemajormayor

Does anything in OT deserve a thread?

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

AussieePet

Well i feel if this was basketball and one of there commentators had an heart attack they would of not continued the game until he is out of the building

Yes they would continue on.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Does this really deserve a thread? He didn't even diesolidruss

Yeah, just look here for example.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 solidruss

[QUOTE="solidruss"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Does this really deserve a thread? He didn't even diethemajormayor

Sure advertise your own thread :P

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="solidruss"]

solidruss

Sure advertise your own thread :P

It was my plan all along
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

heart attacks are fake.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AussieePet

heart attacks are fake.

Riverwolf007
Sure they are
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AussieePet

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]

whipassmt

Hey, I first saw that story on Yahoo too. Do you also use Yahoo to sign into your e-mail address (i.e. @yahoo.com or @att.net, maybe even @snet.net)?

Yeah i use yahoo.com to sign into yahoo if thats what you mean
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Hope he gets better

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

[QUOTE="solidruss"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Does this really deserve a thread? He didn't even diethemajormayor

You thread just got majormayored :P

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]

whipassmt

I do. They have some interesting articles.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

I'm sure continuing the show isn't necessarily an esay decision, but between renting the venue, possibly refunding all tickets, television broadcasting, advertising, workers, employees (not just WWE employees, but venue and vendor employees), etc, etc, etc, WWE have a lot of financial matters to consider.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pirate700

I'm sure continuing the show isn't necessarily an esay decision, but between renting the venue, possibly refunding all tickets, television broadcasting, advertising, workers, employees (not just WWE employees, but venue and vendor employees), etc, etc, etc, WWE have a lot of financial matters to consider.

worlock77

They continued the show when news broke that Benoit went on that murder rampage and killed his entire family so I'm not surprised here. I'm sure the king would want it that way anyway.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]

AussieePet

Yeah i use yahoo.com to sign into yahoo if thats what you mean

I mean using it for your e-mail address. I usually sign in via att.net (which redirects to att.my.yahoo.com) but sometimes that site doesn't work ("Internet explorer cannot display the webpage") so I just sign in through Yahoo.com, it's the same thing, but the layout is slightly different.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 whipassmt

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Pirate700

They continued the show when news broke that Benoit went on that murder rampage and killed his entire family so I'm not surprised here. I'm sure the king would want it that way anyway.

Yeah I remember that. Vince was supposed to be dead in the storyline (his limo blew up with him inside), but he came out to announce Benoit's death, saying that "on the show, my character, Mr. McMahon is supposed to have died, but in real life..." and then he went on to report Benoit's death.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]

DevilMightCry

I do. They have some interesting articles.

Do you use Yahoo.com or att.net? I'm guessing you don't use snet.net since SNET was only present in Connecticut and was bought by ATT years ago (I still see some old SNET payphones laying around, there was one at CVS but now CVS built a new building and knocked their old one down).

Also isn't the videogame called Devil May Cry, not Devil Might Cry?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#26 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

AussieePet
I think he would want the show to continue and the management know that about him. I hope he recovers soon.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#27 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
Hell, I live in Tennessee and I have never heard of him.