LOL, the servers for GameSpot crashed yesterday!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by GordanChoong (227 posts) -

While I was on the forums yesterday at 5 pm, the website stopped loading. I was curious to know what happened and checked if either my browser (Chrome), wi-fi, router, or the computer was messed up. None of them were. So I then went to some server checking website to see if GameSpot was actually down. And to my horror, THE SERVERS FOR GAMESPOT HAD CRASHED! NOOOOOOO!!!! So what do you guys think of this situation? How did you overcome this challenge? What did you do when it crashed? And why did this happen? Too bad, I was about to go back and become permanently a member of the Escapist!:( And I know all of you have experienced this catastrophe so I ain't making this up!

#2 Posted by thegerg (16042 posts) -

LOL!!!

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (31674 posts) -

LOL U SO FUNNEH!!

#5 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Yeah, Not the first time wont be the last. And all I did was one of the 500 other things I have to do, not like it was a personal catastrophe or anything.

#6 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (998 posts) -

It happens.

#8 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9484 posts) -

Well, I couldn't get on this site all day yesterday. So I guess that's what happened?

#9 Posted by GordanChoong (227 posts) -

@DNA-Hole said:

To the TC: For someone who claims to be called smart by other people, you seem to enjoy acting like a G.D. idiot when you post. Just a stray observation.

I actually kind of knew that barely anybody would join this thread. And you said acting, so you must be one of the few that know right?

#10 Edited by megagene (23034 posts) -

Gamespot crashed?! There's a first!

#12 Posted by GordanChoong (227 posts) -

@megagene said:

According to many who complained on some server checking website, they say it's been like that in the past.

#13 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

@gordanchoong said:

@megagene said:

According to many who complained on some server checking website, they say it's been like that in the past.

yeah......maybe you should recheck the premise of your other threads title.

#14 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -
@gordanchoong said:

the Escapist!

Thanks for reminding me to catch up on zero punctuation, it's been a while.

#15 Posted by Korvus (7887 posts) -

@thegerg said:

LOL!!!

Holy shit...someone made thegerg laugh O_o

#16 Edited by GordanChoong (227 posts) -

@korvus said:

@thegerg said:

LOL!!!

Holy shit...someone made thegerg laugh O_o

wait is that guy always too serious or something? and why do you follow me? wait, you're not part of the NSA, are you? cause if you are, I will book a skype chat with snowden to invade your privacy and humiliate you to the world.

#17 Posted by comp_atkins (32026 posts) -

they must use aws

#18 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

The beginning of the end.

#19 Edited by angeldeb82 (1105 posts) -

I went to the site yesterday morning, but then, from afternoon and all through the night, the site was down. It was not until an hour close to midnight that the site was finally fixed after hours of being down! So scary, to be sure, but otherwise not too bad.

#20 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

@gordanchoong: It wasn't just GameSpot, it was a lot of CBS Related sites that crashed.

#21 Edited by Bardock47 (5370 posts) -

Shit happens when you party naked.

#22 Edited by hippiesanta (9991 posts) -

gamespot can't compete wt the technology of IGN

#23 Posted by PsychoLemons (2383 posts) -

And it was terrible.

#24 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (838 posts) -

You should get some kind of award for all the pointless threads you created.